Sponsored

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
Who's affected: Lightnings produced from 14 Oct '21 thru 19 Oct '22 and '23 models produced 10 June '22 thru - -

Why is this happening: "The Battery Monitor Sensor (BMS) may randomly under report the actual 12V battery capacity during an over-the-air (OTA) software update, which means that customers might be unable to complete OTA software updates on their vehicles." Which probably has happened to most of us.

What am I looking for: BMS Sensor with either a part number of NL3T-10C652-AC or NL3T-10C652-AD.

I have the -AC version on my truck:
Ford F-150 Lightning CSP-23B70 Certain 2022-23 F-150 Lightnings - BMS Sensor Replacement Lightning_BMS_Sensor

Contact your service advisor and reference CSP program number 23B70. They will need to see the truck to verify the part number you have now before ordering the replacement.
I've attached the relevant docs for you to reference and review.
You have until 5 Jan '25 to get this done.
Sponsored

Attachments

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Huh, go figure. That would explain a lot of the issues with OTA's getting installed. I'll check mine tonight. Thanks for the heads up!!

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Count me in .....
Ford F-150 Lightning CSP-23B70 Certain 2022-23 F-150 Lightnings - BMS Sensor Replacement 1704486058302

Ford F-150 Lightning CSP-23B70 Certain 2022-23 F-150 Lightnings - BMS Sensor Replacement 1704486082327

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Can they just mail this to me so I don’t have to deal with a dealership?
I'd love that option myself, I'm more than capable of replacing the part all by my lonesome....
Heck I'll do it in the dealership driveway with my own wrenches.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Who's affected: Lightnings produced from 14 Oct '21 thru 19 Oct '22 and '23 models produced 10 June '22 thru - -

Why is this happening: "The Battery Monitor Sensor (BMS) may randomly under report the actual 12V battery capacity during an over-the-air (OTA) software update, which means that customers might be unable to complete OTA software updates on their vehicles." Which probably has happened to most of us.

What am I looking for: BMS Sensor with either a part number of NL3T-10C652-AC or NL3T-10C652-AD.

I have the -AC version on my truck:
Lightning_BMS_Sensor.png

Contact your service advisor and reference CSP program number 23B70. They will need to see the truck to verify the part number you have now before ordering the replacement.
I've attached the relevant docs for you to reference and review.
You have until 5 Jan '25 to get this done.
I'm surprised it took them so long...this was the exact issue I had with mine.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I have the same csp. Looks like the part is roughly $20 online. Might be worth it to just skip the dealership for this.
I just ordered the last one in inventory at tascaparts.com , with shipping it's worth the time NOT WASTED dropping of the truck and waiting, then waiting for depot resupply , then scheduling a install visit..

Sponsored

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
At this rate I might as well wait till I rack up 10 CSP actions and get them all done at once 😂
I had this conversation with someone just last week.

Them: "How's that Fix Or Repair Daily treating you?"

Me: "Quite well actually..."

Them: "Feels like every other week there's a new recall"

Me: "I'd rather they recall it. It means they acknowledge there's a problem and they're willing to fix it. Ford replaced my dash mat in case I wanted a fish tank on my dash. Meanwhile my Tesla lost a steering bolt - no recall - and when I called them, they knew EXACTLY what happened stating "oh yea, that happens all the time' "

mattskr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Platinum Iconic Silver
At this rate I might as well wait till I rack up 10 CSP actions and get them all done at once 😂
I now have 5 CSPs + the Lightbar Recall

Oafy44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 ford lightning
Occupation
Landscape contractor
Remember …. Ford is trying to get dealers to come to your house now for simple stuff like that. Might want to call around and see if some dealers are doing that. Obviously there may be some remote places or dealers that don’t do it…

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Remember …. Ford is trying to get dealers to come to your house now for simple stuff like that. Might want to call around and see if some dealers are doing that. Obviously there may be some remote places or dealers that don’t do it…
Great for customers with accommodating dealership service centers.

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Yepper! My truck is a '23 Lightning Lariat ER. The build started 2/23 and finished on 4/23 after the battery fire. The 23B70 CSP wasn't at Ford.com yesterday, AFAIK, but it was when I checked just now. Great! What next?!
My dealer, Red McCombs Ford, brags its one of the largest Ford dealers in S. Texas, so...

On another matter today, although Ford today said OTA updates for recall 23C38 and CSP 23B57 are eligible to be applied by Mobile Service when I called my dealer, I was told that they didn't do those through Mobile Service because it required an EV technician (too expensive to have roaming around the countryside?). When I asked what would happen if I scheduled a service appointment, I was told because of scheduling "demands," I'd probably have to drop off my vehicle and wait until they could fit the work in. The big disconnect is that Ford estimates in its CSP notice (see OP attachment #3) that CSP 23B70 should only take the dealer less than half a day. The lack of real Mobile Service for EVs and long wait times at dealerships will not help Ford's EV aspirations much.
Sponsored

Last edited: