First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow & 2024 Harley-Davidson Road Glide CVO-ST
Occupation
Retired
Yes. New sensor installed by dealer a couple of weeks ago.
I went in the day I read about it on this forum. Got the appt./install done that Friday.
After multiple failures I just resort to this .....

Ford F-150 Lightning CSP-23B70 Certain 2022-23 F-150 Lightnings - BMS Sensor Replacement {filename}
Sponsored

smandel

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 lightning Lariat
Occupation
Retired Stagehand/ Electric/Sound/Props/Carp/Etc
I called my dealer upon recieving the recall and was told they are only replacing sensor if they find a problem.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow & 2024 Harley-Davidson Road Glide CVO-ST
Occupation
Retired
I called my dealer upon recieving the recall and was told they are only replacing sensor if they find a problem.
What's their definition of "a problem", the FoMoCo tech instructions define what they are to look for and what to do ...... replace the device.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Sure. The problem is the sensor installed in the truck is not the one Ford says should be there now. Sounds like you need to find another dealer

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
Ohhh yes, that's definitely a thing, the reasoning is, that the HVB contactors are active to connect the AC/DC charger, this condition places a load on the LVB and subjects it to a declining SOC condition, so the DC/DC inverter must step in at the right time to replenish the LVB as needed.
Oh yeah, I always knew it was supposed to but I spent a lot of time with the old sensor watching the HVB charge while the LVB dropped. Even with the truck running mine would struggle to add more than a couple percent per hour. It’s nice to see it actually perform as designed for the first time.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
They never read the CSP. They told you the first thing that came to mind to get you off the phone.

If you have a Lightning...you get a new BMS sensor. That's the beginning and end of it. No diagnosis required.

smandel

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 lightning Lariat
Occupation
Retired Stagehand/ Electric/Sound/Props/Carp/Etc
They never read the CSP. They told you the first thing that came to mind to get you off the phone.

If you have a Lightning...you get a new BMS sensor. That's the beginning and end of it. No diagnosis required.
Just call Ford customer service and they told me the same thing. No problem/ No Replacement

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Just call Ford customer service and they told me the same thing. No problem/ No Replacement
The person you spoke with is clueless. Anyone with 5th grade reading comprehension can tell that if your vehicle has one of the two listed part numbers, it is to be replaced.

I didn’t even initiate my replacement. My dealer called me, says they have the new part for my truck and setup an appointment. It was fixed the same day I got the letter from Ford.

LazyLightningATX

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lariat ER
Scheduled mobile service for tomorrow to do mine. This will be my first try with mobile, so we will see how it goes. Hopefully the hardest part will be finding somewhere to park outside of my work garage that they can get to.
Well, mobile just called, and informed me they don't have the part, which I suspected would be the case. Not surprised at all, was more shocked when the old man that scheduled me claimed they did have the part.

The really good part though, is the guy said he could still come do the BECM CSP, which I then had to explain for the third time that I have had done already, but has persisted in my dashboard ever since. Ultimately, he said they would let me know when the part comes in and reschedule. So, I guess my first mobile service appt was just so-so!!

Sponsored

FinsNBolts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
My dealer is replacing both sensors in our 2022 and 2023 lightnings but did require an “inspection” first to confirm the part number installed needed replacing.

I have to give my dealership some credit here. They sent a mobile tech out to take a photo of the sensor and is ordering the replacement for both trucks.

CanPower

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E
Sorry if this is mentioned earlier in the thread.

2023 Lariat - Canada

Failed on update : Priority Update: 23-PU0813-DOR-UP2. Look at the app and it says "Updated Unsuccessful - Vehicle Requires Service". Look closer "F-150 requires service. Contact a dealer as soon as possible" Along with a 1-800 number to call for more details.

Truck, driver side door controls all dead, except the power windows for the rear. So no lock, unlock, mirrors fold/position. Etc Etc. Cross Traffic & Blind spot sensors not working with warnings every few cars.

Call 1-800 number Ford says it's maybe BMS related take to dealer. So I assume part of csp-23b70. Ask if the service will fix issue. Told no it's not specific to the BMS issue but items I told him about are being mentioned by others.

No ETA on repair but be aware the OTA update 23-PU0813-DOR-UP2 may take you out if it fails...

I wonder is DOR mean break Door... <sigh>

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
Sorry if this is mentioned earlier in the thread.

2023 Lariat - Canada

Failed on update : Priority Update: 23-PU0813-DOR-UP2. Look at the app and it says "Updated Unsuccessful - Vehicle Requires Service". Look closer "F-150 requires service. Contact a dealer as soon as possible" Along with a 1-800 number to call for more details.

Truck, driver side door controls all dead, except the power windows for the rear. So no lock, unlock, mirrors fold/position. Etc Etc. Cross Traffic & Blind spot sensors not working with warnings every few cars.

Call 1-800 number Ford says it's maybe BMS related take to dealer. So I assume part of csp-23b70. Ask if the service will fix issue. Told no it's not specific to the BMS issue but items I told him about are being mentioned by others.

No ETA on repair but be aware the OTA update 23-PU0813-DOR-UP2 may take you out if it fails...

I wonder is DOR mean break Door... <sigh>
I think that was the name of the OTA that did the DDM and PDM modules so those symptoms would correlate.

CanPower

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E
I think that was the name of the OTA that did the DDM and PDM modules so those symptoms would correlate.
To quote the service order : DDM Failed during OTA Update. Perform PMI, Re-Test, Update DDM & PDM Clear codes all Working.

Back from dealer same day! I hope anyone else who runs into this gets the same service speed. Would be great if we got Mobile Techs for this kinda thing in Canada.

lipnorth

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford 150 Lightning Lariat
I got the letter the same day I had the appointment. They also did software updates which were not happening due to the sensor issues. Hopefully they happen no at home. And hopefully we soon get the BlueCruise update that changes lanes.
Sponsored