• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

BlueCruise priced at $700 per year on 2024 models .......

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
wonder would an open eye graphic glasses trick the vehicle.
It does not.

Netflix: $23/month
Amazon Prime: $12/month
My phone service: $50/month
BlueCruise: $58/month

BlueCruise is a nice product but it hasn't improved in the 18 months I've used it and as a value proposition compares unfavourably to my expenses listed above.
I would gladly grab it the month I need rather than subscribing it long term, ie if I have a big road trip coming up.

I think Tesla dropping their prices on FSD also shows people aren’t willing to cough up big bucks on a regular basis for it. You’ll trade volume for profit, but then you also slow the incoming data that you get.

I’m also a personality where I’d rather shell out for it at once vs little payments if I needed it consistently. I’ll pay the $5,000 option to have it for lifetime, but I’m not subscribing to the $50/mo fee even if the breakeven is 8-9 years.
Sponsored

detansinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red F150 Lightning Lariat Extended Battery
The price cuts came from somewhere. Ford did nip and tuck all over the place. Blue Cruise subscription length was one of the areas. 80A AC charging is another. There are a bunch of over little things that were included on my Early-2023 Lariat ER that are now additional cost options.

I am fine with this kind of thing, because it lowers the price of entry. Early adopters don't have much to regret either.

MaintGrl

First Name
Marsha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT Lightning, Anti-Matter Blue SR (311a)
Occupation
Retired CWEA Grade 3 Maintenance Technician
Well then, I no longer drive that much, and My XLT did not come w/Blue Cruise, I guess I'm glad it didn't as I would NOT be paying that price for it. When I bought my truck I asked the sales rep if there were ANY subscriptions associated with the truck, and He said NO, there were not.

neririn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 MachE
Ford needs to improve BC if they want to charge for it. I've had it on my MY22 lightning since purchase, and the only noticeable upgrade or improvement since has been 'in-lane' stability. (no more lane line ping pong). Zero new roads have been added that affected me. In my experience the only positive difference between Blue Cruise and adaptive cruise lane keeping is I can take my hand off the steering wheel rather than gently resting it there or driving with my knee. Of course if I use said hand to scratch my forehead, or take a drink I get yelled for not keeping my eyes on the road. I welcome the expiration of my Blue Cruise trial next June (assuming 36 months).

Zero chance i'll pay even a nickel for it going forward.

Sponsored

epicjoeava

First Name
Joseph Avagyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Ford better make some massive improvements to Blue Cruise before I’ll consider paying for it.
It's already good and IMO better than paying thousands like Tesla is charging rn.
But let's agree, that "cruise control" should be function included in a vehicle at no extra cost.

chillaban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
It's already good and IMO better than paying thousands like Tesla is charging rn.
But let's agree, that "cruise control" should be function included in a vehicle at no extra cost.
Basic Autopilot comes for free for life in a Tesla though. And that includes things like chiming when the traffic light turns green or awareness that nearby cars are about to merge in.

I would agree with you if we saw some feature velocity in BlueCruise but even the 1.3 set of features doesn’t feel like $700 or $800 a year compared to other ACC+LKA systems that don’t have recurring annual fees.

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
Navigation is next.
Manufacturers will find out how much monthly folks will pay to keep navigation up to date.
As of now, ALL F 150s come with wifi hotspot and navigation. Even the XL with no extras.
Interest rates are not the only thing keeping people from buying.
When I first got my Lariat thinking 3 years down the road, why would I pay for the Ford navigation when I have Android Auto. But now I see how quickly they added the Tesla charging network and I see the possibility of paying to keep Ford Nav to always have the charger navigation. But in three years Android Auto will evolve too, so it remains to be seen if the Ford Nav stays on my screen. But competition is good so we owners should be the winners as we have choice

Last edited:

rtshinn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat 132 kwh
Sorry, not really worth anything to me. I tried it out of curiosity. Not worth much at all.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Basic Autopilot comes for free for life in a Tesla though. And that includes things like chiming when the traffic light turns green or awareness that nearby cars are about to merge in.

I would agree with you if we saw some feature velocity in BlueCruise but even the 1.3 set of features doesn’t feel like $700 or $800 a year compared to other ACC+LKA systems that don’t have recurring annual fees.
To be fair, has it been said anywhere official that we keep ACC + LKA once the bluecruise subscription runs out? It would suck to drop back to basic "hold this speed" only cruise control, or perhaps not even that. Could be a way they try to keep people to subscribe. Would also mean no more Fords for me....

Sponsored

chillaban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
To be fair, has it been said anywhere official that we keep ACC + LKA once the bluecruise subscription runs out? It would suck to drop back to basic "hold this speed" only cruise control, or perhaps not even that. Could be a way they try to keep people to subscribe. Would also mean no more Fords for me....
I believe you do keep the "Copilot 360 Active 2.0", which includes the hands-on mode that got rebranded as BlueCruise (the little gray steering wheel icon mode)

But that mode randomly gives out without a take-over alert unlike the true BlueCruise hands-free mode, which changes how useful it is for long road trips.

OP
OP
Daragh

Daragh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Engineer
My 2017 Superduty Lariat had Adaptive Cruise Control, if Ford removes this from the Lightning (or any other new model) or tries to charge a subscription for it I think they will hurt themselves in the medium to longer term.

But I wouldn’t put anything past them! They are a big old school manufacturer struggling to adapt (pun intended) to the modern reality and expectations of todays vehicles and drivers both in terms of software and firmware!

cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, Tesla Model S Plaid
Occupation
retired
I sold my 2021 in favor of the 2022, and love BC handsfree, but won't be paying $2,100 either, or for my Lightning. I MAY pay $75 for a long trip maybe once a year.

Ford screwed the pooch on this.
I hate subscription models of all types. I don't do it for Tesla and don't intend to do it for my Lightning. I just live with whatever comes free. I understand they all want a piece of the subscription action.

I didn't see that Ford will offer a month to month option.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X