First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning XLT ER, 17 C-Max Energi, 15 Flex
Occupation
Nonprofit Administration
I think the Clipper Creek is a 64 amp charger on an 80 amp circuit that can charge at a max rate of 15.4 kW. You should be able to get more than a 13 kW charge rate but probably not the max charge rate of your truck. This is based on the current specs of this charger now that Enphase owns them. Your Clipper Creek model may have different specs.
Thanks, I think you may be right about the specs of my unit. I do remember the Clipper Creek website claiming the unit would charge the Lightning ER at 19.2 KW which is why I chose it. 15 would be great, but it 13 seems to be working OK so far.
Sponsored

fvineyard

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT ER, 2023 Hyundai IONIQ 5
Occupation
IT Manager
It does look like a nice high quality charger for sure.

BTW, nice truck! Mine is the twin of yours :) We also have a 17 C-Max Energi. Our gateway vehicle into the EV world,

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Wow well ok 👍
Thanks for sharing.
Is the bottom pic the same as the top after all cut a trimmed right?
This is showing how to get a Tesla adapter to work. The top pic is the FCSP plug. Note male protrusions on connector. Bottom pic is the J1172 end of a Tesla adapter. Note female holes on connector. Net result is being able to use the FCSP on a Tesla via an adapter.

Pretty sure this is not what Kenric was wanting.

Last edited:

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum - Carbonized Gray Metallic
Occupation
Derivatives
This is showing how to get a Tesla adapter to work. The top pic is the FCSP plug. Note male protrusions on connector. Bottom pic is the J1172 end of a Tesla adapter. Note female holes on connector. Net result is being able to use the FCSP on a Tesla via an adapter.

Pretty sure this is not what Kenric was wanting.
Appreciate you helping me better understand. I have both my FCSP and Tesla destination charger adapter units out of reach until the weekend. Actually I had read two different people’s posts first and never considered the difference and the way you did yours. So in your top pic you did not have to cut away the FCSP DC pins at all as others have reportedly done.
Your way looks like a more surgically clean alteration vs just hacking them completely off as I’ve seen in another forum. I like this and will replicate it this way on mine when the time comes. Thanks!

Kenric

First Name
Kenric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT ER
For anyone interested, I did one more test after my failed attempt at replacing the CCS1 cable with a J1772. For this test, I just disconnected the 400V DC wires at the charger. After I applied power, the truck would not charge. I tried twice. The relays in the charger click several times but it would not charge and went into a fault state. To me this confirms that the CCS1 cable cannot be replaced with a J1772 one and used with the F150. It likely would work with other cars that don't support the V2L connection.

Sponsored

BSull

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvette, F150 Lighnting, Mercedes GLC300
Occupation
retired
@Dinozero My FCSP didn't give me issues until we started hitting over 105F consistently. At that point I did start to get over heating errors at the full 80amps. I dialed it back to 60amps and didn't have any problems even when we where 115F. I plan on getting Emporia's Vue system to monitor energy usage at some point which will kinda make up for Ford's poor reporting. I'm very content with using it.

We're not a 2 EV home yet, I don't think the wife is ready to deal with charging ( though I'm trying to convince her ). But if/when we are, the full speed means we can both be charged overnight. Since I'm on 1-to-1 net metering for solar, I don't have any TOU restrictions and no incentive to use any *smart* monitoring. I charge when I want.
I'm up in Mesa. I got my charger installed July/August last year and I had overheat issues from day 1. Dropping the charging rate to 48 didn't help. Thermometer in the garage showed pretty much ambient except late afternoon because garage doors face south. Yellow light on the right side of the led array would come on as soon as I connected the truck. In the winter, overheat issues went away, no yellow light, I'll see what happens this summer.
The only reason I had the FCSP installed is because it came with the truck and being basically lazy I didn't want to do the whole process of selling it and buying a different make. I just wish it had a higher operating temperature limit.
With all that said, it has never failed to charge the truck.

Last edited:

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
I'm up in Mesa. I got my charger installed July/August last year and I had overheat issues from day 1. Dropping the charging rate to 48 didn't help. Thermometer in the garage showed pretty much ambient except late afternoon because garage doors face south. Yellow light on the right side of the led array would come on as soon as I connected the truck. In the winter, overheat issues went away I'll see what happens this summer.
The only reason I had the FCSP installed is because it came with the truck and being basically lazy I didn't want to do the whole process of selling it and buying a different make. I just wish it had a higher operating temperature limit.
With all that said, it has never failed to charge the truck.
Did you get the firmware update? Ford pushed an update that is supposed to relax the heat threshold a bit and it did make a difference. It should get it aftera power cycle, then leave the FCSP unplugged overnight.

Here's my version
Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Charge Station Pro (2024 Review) 1000005301

BSull

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Did you get the firmware update? Ford pushed an update that is supposed to relax the heat threshold a bit and it did make a difference. It should get it aftera power cycle, then leave the FCSP unplugged overnight.

Here's my version
1000005301.jpg
I'm at the same version in FordPass. Interesting though, if I go into the FCSP app, station settings, select about the software version is at the top of the list and it is different. It is the same up through ...1.32: then it's :0.62:1.53. Same numbers different order.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I'm at the same version in FordPass. Interesting though, if I go into the FCSP app, station settings, select about the software version is at the top of the list and it is different. It is the same up through ...1.32: then it's :0.62:1.53. Same numbers different order.
That's normal, they all display the same way.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Cool, not much more we can do. You get even hotter than I do so I guess it shouldn't be too surprising that you have more trouble with it. Could try scheduling to charge early morning instead of late night. For instance, I only need about 1.5 hours to cover my commute so I could schedule charging to occur 2-3 hours before I leave. Right now, I have it start at 10pm but I might bump that a few hours once summer really takes hold.

Sponsored

BSull

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Cool, not much more we can do. You get even hotter than I do so I guess it shouldn't be too surprising that you have more trouble with it. Could try scheduling to charge early morning instead of late night. For instance, I only need about 1.5 hours to cover my commute so I could schedule charging to occur 2-3 hours before I leave. Right now, I have it start at 10pm but I might bump that a few hours once summer really takes hold.
I'm on Salt River Project (SRP) for electricity and they have a relatively short EV discount window. Starts at 11PM and goes to 5AM. I have the 11 start scheduled but I may try to move that to 2-3AM when the weather warms up. Since the FCSP is protected from the weather, I may even try ventilating the housing with a couple of openings top and bottom, passive cooling is better than none, but will protect with screen material to keep out bugs and such.

Ltron

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning XLT ER , 24 Lyriq AWD Lux1
Occupation
Ret
I have a new in the box Pro for sale Ltron

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige
Could you share what your software version level is? Mine has been stuck at this half baked level for months!

1712149548672-ob.png
Did you get past this? Now that I see it in FP 5.0, the version is funky, and it has been stuck on "Update Pending" for days.

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Charge Station Pro (2024 Review) Screenshot_20240528-160104 (002)

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Did you get past this? Now that I see it in FP 5.0, the version is funky, and it has been stuck on "Update Pending" for days.

Screenshot_20240528-160104 (002).png
Nope, mine is still showing the update pending alert symbol and incomplete version number.

I've considered doing a factory reset, but held off after reading several reports that it's failing to reset and then being stuck with a lack of connectivity, wondering if anyone who had that issue gotten past the no RESET situation??

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Charge Station Pro (2024 Review) 1716947666235-o3

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige
Maybe we need a post just for this issue?
Sponsored