Sponsored

pkirby11

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
Yeah it's been up and running without issues for about two weeks now. Still using 40.4.5

The issue was on the server backend, not the software. And it was only for Independents, not Ford employee logins.
Haha, I just realized I quoted the wrong thing. Long day yesterday, what I meant to ask was if there was any news on the BCM issues not being able to update due to the NASTF log in issue. I tried it last Saturday and still got the log in prompt and it did not except my log in.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
Haha, I just realized I quoted the wrong thing. Long day yesterday, what I meant to ask was if there was any news on the BCM issues not being able to update due to the NASTF log in issue. I tried it last Saturday and still got the log in prompt and it did not except my log in.
I believe that's fixed as well from what I've read elsewhere. It was tied to the other issue with the server problem.

You should be fine.

BSull

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvette, F150 Lighnting, Mercedes GLC300
Occupation
retired
I believe that's fixed as well from what I've read elsewhere. It was tied to the other issue with the server problem.

You should be fine.
I tried to update the BCM yesterday and got the same request for the Nxxx login credentials, it’s not fixed.

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum - Carbonized Gray Metallic
Occupation
Derivatives
I tried to update the BCM yesterday and got the same request for the Nxxx login credentials, it’s not fixed.
Ugh.!
So my question if you paid $50 for 48 hours access and cannot update say your BCM, do they refund you or give you more access time at N/C..?? Any ideas, anyone have any experience or ideas or if you are just Outta luck and money …?

16cards

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 Lightning Lariat ER
Ugh.!
So my question if you paid $50 for 48 hours access and cannot update say your BCM, do they refund you or give you more access time at N/C..?? Any ideas, anyone have any experience or ideas or if you are just Outta luck and money …?
The Ford Motorcraft organization that sells and issues FDRS licenses is far removed from the concern of whether an individual owner is successful in performing an single module update. They are supporting 1000s of pros, not the home user.

Sponsored

pkirby11

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
Haha, I just realized I quoted the wrong thing. Long day yesterday, what I meant to ask was if there was any news on the BCM issues not being able to update due to the NASTF log in issue.

You should be fine.
ISort of new to FDRS, when doing the BCM is it supposed to ask for the log in? I created an account on the NASTF site but wasn't sure if it was even supposed to ask. I guess that would give me an idea of if it is broken or not. Thanks for all the help.

ryry

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER
Newbie here, going off some recommendations I’ve seen elsewhere while I wait for my name to come up in the mongoose lending order.

Will this power supply and these clips be sufficient for updates? If so, what voltage would I set the knob to? Sorry for the potentially silly question!
did you end up using this setup? work ok?

Daragh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Engineer
Same for me, I tried again last night and still get login requirements for BCM.

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Derivatives
The Ford Motorcraft organization that sells and issues FDRS licenses is far removed from the concern of whether an individual owner is successful in performing an single module update. They are supporting 1000s of pros, not the home user.
I hear you and appreciate your opinion. Just posting this question to others as well. They are providing a software portal and service that they should be held responsible for its proper functioning per the paid license to access it from the point of a purchased service agreement. Customer service either does there job or they do not in this type of situation, this was the intent of my question.
Looking for useful real information here vs opinions.

Sponsored

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Derivatives
Same for me, I tried again last night and still get login requirements for BCM.
Have you reached out to customer service for a resolution or license extension request.?

Daragh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Engineer
No, I bought a months license as I have several of my own vehicles I need to update and also letting few friends update there’s too. Plus this was first time doing it. My 2021 ICE F150 took two days to update alone cause of the number of failed previous OTAs.

If BCM update is not resolved by license expiry (about 2 weeks from now) I’ll reach out and ask Ford for a comp 2 day license to update the BCM. Not sure if they’ll do it but will try!

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Derivatives
No, I bought a months license as I have several of my own vehicles I need to update and also letting few friends update there’s too. Plus this was first time doing it. My 2021 ICE F150 took two days to update alone cause of the number of failed previous OTAs.

If BCM update is not resolved by license expiry (about 2 weeks from now) I’ll reach out and ask Ford for a comp 2 day license to update the BCM. Not sure if they’ll do it but will try!
Thanks for the information and/or updates.

pkirby11

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
That is the problem I am in. I just paid for a two day and did all the updates and skipped the BCM per Rugedraw's recommendations. And I don't mind that i could not do it, but I do not want to pay $50 for a new license just for one update and especially if it is still not fixed. Guess I will just wait a little longer, just wondering if Ford is aware and making any effort to fix it.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
That is the problem I am in. I just paid for a two day and did all the updates and skipped the BCM per Rugedraw's recommendations. And I don't mind that i could not do it, but I do not want to pay $50 for a new license just for one update and especially if it is still not fixed. Guess I will just wait a little longer, just wondering if Ford is aware and making any effort to fix it.
They have to be aware of it. They monitor the forums, so they know.

The BCM update will eventually be sent OTA.
Sponsored