OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
Haha, I just realized I quoted the wrong thing. Long day yesterday, what I meant to ask was if there was any news on the BCM issues not being able to update due to the NASTF log in issue. I tried it last Saturday and still got the log in prompt and it did not except my log in.
Did you by any chance take a screenshot of the dialog boxes or whatever it showed you when you attempted the BCM?

Investigative minds want to know.

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
In fact if anybody attempts to update the BCM and gets the request for NASTF credentials please screenshot this and use the "Report a Problem" feature to get visibility on this so it can be dealt with.

pkirby11

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
Did you by any chance take a screenshot of the dialog boxes or whatever it showed you when you attempted the BCM?

Investigative minds want to know.
I did not, I should have but I thought it was already reported. I will in the future do a better job of documenting those errors as I generally like to help with troubleshooting. It was basically a popup that appeared after I downloaded and ran the BCM update. White box telling me I had to have an account with NATSF, which for fun I registered an account but it then gave me a red error in the corner that the account could not be authorized, like it wasn't reaching the site.

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I did not, I should have but I thought it was already reported. I will in the future do a better job of documenting those errors as I generally like to help with troubleshooting. It was basically a popup that appeared after I downloaded and ran the BCM update. White box telling me I had to have an account with NATSF, which for fun I registered an account but it then gave me a red error in the corner that the account could not be authorized, like it wasn't reaching the site.
It's possible that Ford dealer techs using their dealer logins are not experiencing the same issue that Independent operators are. This may not be affecting them at all...so Bosch FDRS team may not even know anybody has a problem until we report it as well. I'm not seeing on other forums where dealer techs are having this issue...so it may just be us independents.

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
It's possible that Ford dealer techs using their dealer logins are not experiencing the same issue that Independent operators are. This may not be affecting them at all...so Bosch FDRS team may not even know anybody has a problem until we report it as well. I'm not seeing on other forums where dealer techs are having this issue...so it may just be us independents.
I agree with this. I don't have any BCM updates pending for my truck to try and see if my dealer login works. The dealer login gives you access to PATS to program keys, so I assume it is only an issue for independents, too.

Edit: Screenshot below is from a dealer updating an ICE F150. They updated the BCM with no problem on 5/29.

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Software Updates using FDRS 1717797660079-m9

Last edited:

pkirby11

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
Looked around and found a screen shot, this is what I was getting when trying to perform the BCM update in FDRS:

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Software Updates using FDRS 1717800159329-91

And this is what I saw if I tried to log in with an NATSF account, which didn't work:

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Software Updates using FDRS 1717800332307-7l

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Looked around and found a screen shot, this is what I was getting when trying to perform the BCM update in FDRS:

1717800159329-91.png

And this is what I saw if I tried to log in with an NATSF account, which didn't work:

1717800332307-7l.png
Thanks for that, I'll pass this along.....

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I was just reminded of something else that happens to me....well it's happened several times over the last two years.

When I've had a problem with FDRS and I've used the "Report a problem" function and stepped through filling out all the dialog boxes and attached the screenshots to illustrate what the problem is and then hit the button to send it...it always comes back with a response that "there was a problem sending your report, you must first be connected to the internet".

But later, (sometimes much later)..in my email...I get a response from the helpdesk. The response may not always actually be helpful, but at least I know that they actually did get the report. So if you submit a report and this happens to you I'd ask that you post about it here. Pretty sure I'm not the only once this is happening to..and I've seen it mentioned on the ICE forum as well.

And once again...if you're doing some updates and you attempt the BCM and get the NASTF login in response...please submit a report about it so the logs and data are sent in for analysis.

Thanks,

pkirby11

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
I was just reminded of something else that happens to me....well it's happened several times over the last two years.

When I've had a problem with FDRS and I've used the "Report a problem" function and stepped through filling out all the dialog boxes and attached the screenshots to illustrate what the problem is and then hit the button to send it...it always comes back with a response that "there was a problem sending your report, you must first be connected to the internet".

But later, (sometimes much later)..in my email...I get a response from the helpdesk. The response may not always actually be helpful, but at least I know that they actually did get the report. So if you submit a report and this happens to you I'd ask that you post about it here. Pretty sure I'm not the only once this is happening to..and I've seen it mentioned on the ICE forum as well.

And once again...if you're doing some updates and you attempt the BCM and get the NASTF login in response...please submit a report about it so the logs and data are sent in for analysis.

Thanks,
So I actually bought a 2 day license to report it. And I did too get the same error, so hopefully they got the report.