• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Got My First Thumbs Down

iam-s-Hon

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 MME Premium AWD ER Iconic Silver
agreed but until the government quits jamming them down people's throats using taxpayer money the resentment will always be there.
Do you have the same disdain for big oil subsidies, which are much greater? Business incentives are doled out all the time.

But I digress, this being a forum for EV enthusiasts about their vehicles. I thought.
Sponsored

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
Anytime anyone doesn’t like mine- it’s universally a political response. Which is ironic as hell if you knew me.
Same here. I love hearing assumptions they make about my political views, which are almost always wrong lol

harlano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Fiesta ST, 2023 Lighning XLT ER,2024 Maverick
Occupation
1/2 retired
I spent the weekend at a sporting event where I had people, multiple times ask me about the truck.
I was doing my part, for @Ford Motor Company in being a brand and EV ambassador.
Everyone who asked and looked and talked thought everything was simply nifty...as we already know.

Then when leaving today, I got my first (n).

I was in a parking lot and a dud in a old Toyota wagon looked at me, frowned and gave it to me.
I don't know what to do.
It just makes me so sad.
:sadface:
I...I...well, I am being sarcastic.
I laughed as it seemed so ironic.

This is the closest thing to a negative response I've had since owning the truck.
I like the reference to him as "dud" :angel:. I would've asked him how come he had a foreign car instead of a good ole American Ford made in USA!

OP
OP
brewski

brewski

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Platinum
Occupation
Yes
I like the reference to him as "dud" :angel:. I would've asked him how come he had a foreign car instead of a good ole American Ford made in USA!
I'm glad you noticed my slight.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I was moving my daughter out of her dorm room for summer break and parked in front of a fire hydrant (only available spot and I stayed with the truck). A campus police officer activated his police lights and stopped behind me. I explained what I was doing and he asked me why I had my hood up. He thought I was pretending to be broken down. When I explained it was a FRUNK and the truck was electric he got excited and wanted to check it out. He stayed with me until we finished loading the truck then went on his way. I’ve never seen a police officer so excited. Really nice guy and no ticket!
We were crossing the border from Canada to US, and the US Customs officer was very curious. I opened the frunk and made his day.

Sponsored

Calvin H-C

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Focus Electric 2017, F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Technical Trainer/Writer - Wayside Railway Signalling Maintenance
In California Tesla's are known as "California Camry's" due to the abundance of them here
I live north of Toronto in a place called Richmond Hill, and though there are a huge abundance of Teslas in the Greater Toronto Area, it seems to be amplified more here and in neighbouring Markham.

So much so, that I'm thinking they must be sending out Teslas with samples of Tide in the mail.

OB Credit to an old Wayne's World SNL sketch that used that line about Fleetwood Mac's Rumors album. 😀

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Do you have the same disdain for big oil subsidies, which are much greater? Business incentives are doled out all the time.

But I digress, this being a forum for EV enthusiasts about their vehicles. I thought.
Agree 100% with you. The one difference that can be pointed out is that there are no policies in place that force you to buy an ICE vehicle. I don't mind that EV's get subsidies, seems fair given all the money big oil has gotten for decades. But I don't think it's fair for govt's to outright ban the ability to choose between ICE and EV. There wouldn't be nearly as much hate if banning ICE was not a thing.

Kit2874

First Name
Kit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning
I spent the weekend at a sporting event where I had people, multiple times ask me about the truck.
I was doing my part, for @Ford Motor Company in being a brand and EV ambassador.
Everyone who asked and looked and talked thought everything was simply nifty...as we already know.

I was in a parking lot and a dud in a old Toyota wagon looked at me, frowned and gave it to me.
I don't know what to do.
It just makes me so sad.

This is the closest thing to a negative response I've had since owning the truck.
Only time people realize that my lightning is an EV is when I open the frunk...other then that they think its just a regular truck....

But the looks I get when I do is priceless

VAF84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Consultant
LOL, you all think you have it bad. Try being the first guy with an EV that works on-site on pipeline and drilling jobs in fly over country. I've gotten so much heat it's funny. Usually it's venting. The first comment is usually something how can I drive an EV being in the industry, followed by the usual concerns about range, towing, and charging. When they finally get all that out of the way, I think they get comfortable that they have made their position clear, and now they proceed to ask the earnest and genuine curiosity questions about its true capabilities. I think they feel more comfortable talking with me though because I don't sugar coat the + and -. I also focus on telling them the cool features, and I let a few guys drive it so they can feel the power which is a great sales pitch.

They also get a kick out of the fact I put on personalized Oil and Gas license plates. I think it's a great ice breaker to talk with people on both sides of the aisle and offer a perspective other than the usual stereotypes about left vs right.

Ventorum94

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chev Avalanche, BMW 550i, Tesla MY, Tesla M3
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Anytime anyone doesn’t like mine- it’s universally a political response. Which is ironic as hell if you knew me.
Per a 4/20/24 WSJ article, a survey of new 2024 Tesla buyers found that only 15% were Democrats, with 76% identifying as Republican or Independent. The number of Republicans buying new Teslas was more than twice that of Democrats. Another EV stereotype shattered!

Sponsored

Ventorum94

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chev Avalanche, BMW 550i, Tesla MY, Tesla M3
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I was charging at a Magic Dock station north of Montgomery with a couple friends from the military (who had an ev as well) and someone yelled everyone's favorite statement about Brandon at us. It's annoying since driving an ev doesn't mean you belong to any one side, I have VERY conservative friends who love their model y. I wish it could go back to just being a vehicle. It's like when folks start telling me all the reasons they heard that evs are bad, like towing range or what not, I just tell them that the truck may not be for them and that's okay, maybe something down the road will.

Universally though, most people love the power and low operating cost. They'll come around, hopefully, especially as more people drove them and folks realize it's not a political issue to drive what makes sense for your use case!
Per a 4/20/24 WSJ article, a survey of new 2024 Tesla buyers found that only 15% were Democrats, with 76% identifying as Republican or Independent. The number of Republicans buying new Teslas was more than twice that of Democrats. Another EV stereotype shattered!

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
That’s the “Elon effect.” Most of my left-leaning friends and relatives who either drive an EV or are considering one say they’ll never buy a Tesla because of him.

Joe Dablock

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning, 2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Retired

I don't know what to do.
It just makes me so sad.

I just smile and say "You are going to own one some day and you are going to like it."

hermits-stunt

First Name
Gator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
I've been driving EVs since 2017 and exclusively since 2021. My mother in law rode in my Lightning for the first time today. She had been in my 2019 F150 Crew Cab so she was like "I thought you guys were only driving EVs." I said "This is electric." She said "Like a hybrid?" I said, "Nope. Full electric, no gas." The Lightning is such a a stealth EV. Other than the "Lightning" on the bed, it looks like a zillion other F150s. I think that is both good and bad. The good is that when people realize that there is a normal looking EV truck, many are interested in it. But with it being so stealth, no one knows it's an EV which I think is a negative. I want people to see as many EVs on the road as possible so they realize that they are becoming normal, not the exception. When I drove a Model Y, you know it's an EV. The Lightning...not so much.
Sponsored