Sponsored

July no NACS shipments in 4 weeks

ll214zy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT ER
Has anyone received a Typhoon Pro yet? They were supposed to start shipping last week but so far no shipping notice for the one I ordered.
Sponsored

Hammick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Just spent the weekend in Yellowstone. Live in Billings and went over Beartooth highway and came back through Gardiner. One "high speed" 60kwh charger (in Gardiner) the whole trip...needless to say I had to wait (plugged into 6kwh charger while waiting) both times I wanted to use it...one fellow in a Rivian who traveled from Florida was fairly optimistic charging will change soon in Montana...I'm not holding my breath. And as you said, it's not just central/eastern Montana...Wyoming and SD are just as bad/worse.
Let me make sure I understand. You made it from Billings to Red Lodge, over Beartooth, through Cooke City, Lamar Valley and then to Gardiner?

Please elaborate or send me a PM if you don't want to dilute this thread. Did you charge at the slow chargers in Red Lodge? Our place is between Belfry and Red Lodge and I haven't taken our truck to Yellowstone for fear of having to stay multiple nights to get a charge.

OP
OP
Labs4Lightning

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22

Sponsored

VTHokies

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 F150 Lightning Lariat ER (Sept ‘23 build)
Has anyone received a Typhoon Pro yet? They were supposed to start shipping last week but so far no shipping notice for the one I ordered.
I had ordered one as well and sent them a note this week, this is what I got back...

"Hi there,

We appreciate your trust and loyalty towards A2Z EV and its products. Since before the introduction of the NACS to CCS1 adapter, we have been working hard to provide groundbreaking charging solutions for EV owners, and we are committed to continuing to offer our best.

There might be some potential delays with the Typhoon Pro, as we are enhancing the single locking mechanism feature on the adapter in the manufacturing line. We truly care about safety, reliability, and ease of use. Our goal is to avoid at all costs unsafe products or any inconvenience caused by the adapter, thus ensuring your road trips remain enjoyable.

Our products have proven to be reliable regardless of exterior temperatures, and thousands of people have been more than satisfied with the original adapter. We refuse to rush a product to market simply because there is a need for it. Every single adapter goes through a thorough testing process.

To be clear, there is no issue with the manufacturing process of this product; we are simply improving the locking mechanism.

We expect to receive our first batches of inventory in 1-2 weeks, probably sooner.

We hope you can accept the delay, understand the situation, and be patient with us.

Apologies for the delays.

Thank you."

Dinozero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning ER Lariat
How can four weeks go by with zero shipments when other companies are getting some from Tesla?

Is ford and Tesla fighting behind the

lipnorth

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford 150 Lightning Lariat
How can four weeks go by with zero shipments when other companies are getting some from Tesla?

I ordered my adaptor in Feb and still waiting. I called Ford (a month ago) and they said it's coming any day. Then silence. I called again and they hoped to have it shipped by end of 2024! Yikes.

Could have really used it this summer.

Grease Lightning

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
More than likely Tesla is fighting GM and needed to direct some adapters their way to not get in a legal tussle.

That would be my guess since they were just given the green light to use the network, but had no “approved” adopter path.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Labs4Lightning

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22

@Dinozero

ford is the 2nd or 3rd party, little or no control.

ford doesn’t want to listen to us bitch because it’s no additional charge to us. But perhaps @Ford Motor Company shouldnt have made public statements about schedule.-they understood their agreement with Tesla. 6,3x roughly part of may, June and July. Yup not 10k/month.

Mike37

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning; 2010 Corvette
Occupation
Retired
How in the world has Ford not sued Tesla yet (let alone the Feds)? Adapters delayed for months and V2 superchargers not being updated. Even if I get my adapter this Fall (which is questionable) it will do me no good traveling across SD and WY on I-90. If Ford wants to change the public perception of EVs there needs to be access to reliable DCFCs. For an interstate like I-90 to be a charging desert is inexcusable.
Why doesn’t Ford do what Tesla did…set up their own charging network, particularly on those routes with charging deserts. Seems as though they could apply for the NEVI moneys and install chargers at different dealerships. No, don’t make the dealers supply anything other than the requisite parking spaces, and perhaps some rest room space. This could be another source of income, in addition to promoting the sales of EVs.

Tedmister2

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Antimatter Blue XLT Lightning
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Was at the Tesla supercharger with built in adapter and noticed how the adapter looks exactly like the ones Ford was supposed to be sending. It makes me think that maybe Tesla’s output of “Ford” adapters were taken for the new superchargers?
Sponsored