First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Pro, 2024 F150 Lightning Flash
Occupation
Plumbing Contractor
Well if it makes you feel any better, I have 2 lightnings, a diesel sprinter and a gas Nissan NV.

Lightning is averaging 2.4 primarily 75% city stop and go and 25% highway.

Sprinter diesel 12mpg.

Nissan gas 6 mpg.

Since getting my first Lightning in May, I have only put 1 tank of fuel into my Nissan..

The Lightning is so much more enjoyable to drive and much more economical.

Ps. Driving in Los Angeles, average speed for my vans are 11 mph. Traffic and stop and go.

Rick
Sponsored

Bigisland Guy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat SR Build group 10/24/2022
Occupation
Property Mgmt
Running the numbers our fuel savings last year was over $3542 and our maintenance cost were under $200 on the Lightning. With bottom line numbers like this I can sacrifice a little speed and keep me from raising the prices on our customers.

JRT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
Get a Tesla adapter from A2Z, don't bank on an adapter from Ford any time soon, and switch to Super Chargers that show on Teslas app as available to those EV not Tesla and life will greatly improve. On your coast side you will find many Tesla locations open to you that your wife will be happy to kill time in at shopping centers and food areas. Avoid the hell hole of Electricity America and endless stops at Chevy Bolt clogged Walmart parking lots if you value a happy wife and happy life.

Note you have to goto v3 and v4 Tesla charging stations, there are a lot of older V2 that don't work, so use the app, Ford nav is useless in the respect too.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
I’ve never seen 1.4 mi/kwh for a trip over a few miles long in warm weather and i regularly drive *over* 80 on the interstate. I’m guessing there was a pretty good headwind. For a 50 mile trip with only 35 mi on the interstate I would expect to see 2.0mi/kwh for the trip.

thunderbayterry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, Mazda MX-30 EV
Occupation
IT
Still have KR, about to list it for sale.
2023 Lariat ER
I have a 2023 Lariat ER also - and I experience the same thing. It is pretty amazing how much LESS fuel the Lightning uses dropping from 80 to 70 mph, or even 68. Thats what I do now. I relax and don't speed as much on trips! LOL
Sponsored