• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

2022-2023 Lightning-Powertrain Reprogramming Pause-Now Extended to October

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
So they were about to begin work on my Lightning this morning, but FSE told them late yesterday they cannot then let me have it back until it is programmed, and they don't have any date beside June... Very annoyed.
Well FDRS doesn't seem to be working this morning anyway...and PTS is experiencing a related outage of the Connected Vehicle and OTA Data pages...so....
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Well FDRS doesn't seem to be working this morning anyway...and PTS is experiencing a related outage of the Connected Vehicle and OTA Data pages...so....
My confidence in these vehicles is starting to wane...

Reactions: chl

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
What I don't understand is whether they HAVE to update a module. If you're on a recent-enough release, why is that required?

A guy on a Lightning FB group had the error on 5/15, and his truck is ready to pickup today...

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
What I don't understand is whether they HAVE to update a module. If you're on a recent-enough release, why is that required?

A guy on a Lightning FB group had the error on 5/15, and his truck is ready to pickup today...
Well if your truck is in for the cell replacement...part of the repair in the TSB is to update the powertrain modules. There was at least one member who's truck went in just before the halt was announced...and it got repaired and returned after the announcement. But I think the service department is holding off reporting the completion until the program is resumed officially. At least that's the way it looks to me.

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
For myself, I guess I was "lucky" but I already had the new BECM software installed several months ago long with my other recalls and CSPs. So I hope they proceed with my battery module replacement. I just filled up the Explorer loaner that they gave, and it was nearly $50... :/

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well if your truck is in for the cell replacement...part of the repair in the TSB is to update the powertrain modules. There was at least one member who's truck went in just before the halt was announced...and it got repaired and returned after the announcement. But I think the service department is holding off reporting the completion until the program is resumed officially. At least that's the way it looks to me.
For myself, I guess I was "lucky" but I already had the new BECM software installed several months ago long with my other recalls and CSPs. So I hope they proceed with my battery module replacement. I just filled up the Explorer loaner that they gave, and it was nearly $50... :/
As did I. Got it in November as I recall, maybe October.

Mine is going to do the replacement, then let the truck sit until the software is cleared to update. Annoying, I have no truck to drive (got a Mach-E). Can't go on a bike ride (rack on hitch). Guess I could put one bike in the back of each Mach-E...

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
As did I. Got it in November as I recall, maybe October.

Mine is going to do the replacement, then let the truck sit until the software is cleared to update. Annoying, I have no truck to drive (got a Mach-E). Can't go on a bike ride (rack on hitch). Guess I could put one bike in the back of each Mach-E...
But if there is nothing to install... why wait? I don't understand that.

Grumpy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Pro SR
Occupation
Retired Hvy Construction
I am not normally a conspiracy nut ... But how can it take a month to correct software that was already in place and had a bug or two?
During this month alot of trucks are held in service bays making Ford look like they have lost there way ... Could this be related to a much bigger issue ...?

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I am not normally a conspiracy nut ... But how can it take a month to correct software that was already in place and had a bug or two?
During this month alot of trucks are held in service bays making Ford look like they have lost there way ... Could this be related to a much bigger issue ...?
Well according to the OASIS message about 23B57...the fix that we're all waiting for is a new gateway update that's supposed to solve the communication problems between the SOBDM and SOBDMC. Coincidentally, (or not?) that same new gateway update would be the prerequisite to getting the new Sync 1122 (OTA 6.14) after the gateway is updated. Now, as to why it's taking so long? Dunno. Testing and certification I'd guess. And then they'll have to publish an update to the 23B57 telling techs to update the gateway first or something.....speculation on my part.

I find it interesting that even though I have done the powertrain updates and do have the daily DTCs for the SOBDM and SOBDMC....it hasn't seemed to affect anything in a negative way. Unless it is having an affect on my truck's systems and I just don't know what I don't know.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My battery array replacement is complete, and they will give me the truck back later today. Right now it's charging, but charging isn't making sense. Was at 37%, charging at a rate of 9.3kW per hour. It climbed fast. At 1 hour (now), it's at 52%. 52 - 37 = 15%. 15% of 131 is 19.65kW, but it's only added 9.3. Seems like perhaps all of the battery isn't accessible. Have to see what CarScanner says when I pick it up.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
My battery array replacement is complete, and they will give me the truck back later today. Right now it's charging, but charging isn't making sense. Was at 37%, charging at a rate of 9.3kW per hour. It climbed fast. At 1 hour (now), it's at 52%. 52 - 37 = 15%. 15% of 131 is 19.65kW, but it's only added 9.3. Seems like perhaps all of the battery isn't accessible. Have to see what CarScanner says when I pick it up.
FP 5.0.0 is trash with the monitoring of an active charge session, retest later once she is home.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FP 5.0.0 is trash with the monitoring of an active charge session, retest later once she is home.
That could be it. First time charging with the new app, I charged the loaner but of course wasn't connected to it.

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Attachments

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Ford F-150 Lightning 2022-2023 Lightning-Powertrain Reprogramming Pause-Now Extended to October 1717007399343-gx

Thanks for posting. As a data point I charged successfully to 100% (and maybe more!) about 13 days after my repair. It was the first time to do 100% after the repair. I typically do 85% and weirdly it only displayed 83 and 84 for the two session immediately after repair.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm wondering whether to charge to 90%, as I normally do, or to 100% to help the balancing process (and then drive some in the next day or so).
Sponsored