• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

A new way to manage Intelligent Backup Power is up ahead.

Steely

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
Thanks for sending that I wasn't aware of it. It looks nice but doesn't seem to offer much information, at least when not plugged in.

I hope they provide the advertised functions of starting and stopping the backup power, and showing available backup time remaining via this since it never made it into the app as advertised. I'd like to be able to test it without having to flip the main breaker every time. 😀

If it doesn't do these things we'll have to ask for it via the feedback page in the menu.
Ford F-150 Lightning A new way to manage Intelligent Backup Power is up ahead. 2024-09-09 19.05.43 energy.ford.com e0bbea43-1822-4da3-8e21-1f966e27faef
Sponsored

tearitupsports

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Thanks for sending that I wasn't aware of it. It looks nice but doesn't seem to offer much information, at least when not plugged in.

I hope they provide the advertised functions of starting and stopping the backup power, and showing available backup time remaining via this since it never made it into the app as advertised. I'd like to be able to test it without having to flip the main breaker every time. 😀

If it doesn't do these things we'll have to ask for it via the feedback page in the menu.
2024-09-09 19.05.43 energy.ford.com e0bbea43-1822-4da3-8e21-1f966e27faef.jpg
How do you get this page to stay up? Mine flashes this screen then goes blank both on my computer and phone.

Runaway Tractor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
I hope other manufacturers are using Ford's abject failure as a learning experience. Ford gets a small amount of sympathy from me for being the first to try this. But Ford has made it abundantly clear they don't care, aren't going to begin caring, and the few customers that bought it are collateral damage. That collateral damage is not affecting Ford's PR so it's cheaper to just continue not caring.

What surprises me is how seemingly ok and calm HIS owners about this. $10,000 on a thing that barely works sometimes should be investigative journalism and lawsuit territory. But everyone seems to be content with being Ford's failed experiment I guess.

OP
OP
Jim Lewis

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
How do you get this page to stay up? Mine flashes this screen then goes blank both on my computer and phone.
Same here, as reported above.

When I examine the page source of https://energy.ford.com, there seem to be a number of Javascript errors, including crossscripting (XSS) regarded as insecure and not alllowed by modern browsers.

Here's the page source view with errors in MS Edge:
energy.ford.com
www.account.ford.com/:1 Refused to frame 'https://www.meea-local.ford.com/' because it violates the following Content Security Policy directive: "frame-src 'self' https://login.ford.com/".

(index):2942 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading 'classList')
at HTMLDocument.onDocumentLoad ((index):2942:19)
api.pd01e.gcp.ford.com/meea-vs/energy-app/v1/vehicle-status/1FT6W1EVXPWG12099:1

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 400 (Bad Request)
SummaryHero.jsx:51 Login Time: 1.96 seconds
moment.js:287 Deprecation warning: use moment.updateLocale(localeName, config) to change an existing locale. moment.defineLocale(localeName, config) should only be used for creating a new locale See http://momentjs.com/guides/#/warnings/define-locale/ for more info.
C @ moment.js:287
Show 1 more frame
Show less
react-dom.production.min.js:24 Error: <rect> attribute rx: A negative value is not valid. ("-2")
b @ react-dom.production.min.js:24
Show 1 more frame
Show less
react-dom.production.min.js:24 Error: <rect> attribute ry: A negative value is not valid. ("-2")
Show 1 more frame
Show less
ChargeSettings.jsx:57 Departure time not set for this vehicle
react-dom.production.min.js:189 TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'buttonVisible')
at Zg (BackupPowerTile.jsx:62:51)
at ks (react-dom.production.min.js:167:137)
at To (react-dom.production.min.js:197:258)
at Cl (react-dom.production.min.js:292:88)
at yc (react-dom.production.min.js:280:389)
at xc (react-dom.production.min.js:280:320)
at vc (react-dom.production.min.js:280:180)
at sc (react-dom.production.min.js:271:88)
at ac (react-dom.production.min.js:268:429)
at S (scheduler.production.min.js:13:203)
ho @ react-dom.production.min.js:189
Show 1 more frame
Show less
react-dom.production.min.js:283 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'buttonVisible')
Here's Microsoft Copilot's summary/analysis of the above errors:
Sent by Copilot:
It looks like you’re encountering several issues with the Ford Energy website and related services. Here are a few things you might want to try:
  1. Content Security Policy (CSP) Violation: This error occurs because the site is trying to load content from a source that is not allowed by its CSP. This is something that needs to be fixed by the website administrators.
  2. TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading ‘classList’): This error suggests that the script is trying to access an element that doesn’t exist. Ensure that all elements the script is trying to manipulate are present in the DOM.
  3. Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 400 (Bad Request): This indicates that the server couldn’t understand the request. Double-check the request parameters and ensure they are correct.
  4. Deprecation warning from moment.js: This warning suggests updating the way locales are defined in moment.js. You can refer to the moment.js documentation for more details.
  5. Error: <rect> attribute rx/ry: A negative value is not valid: This error occurs when trying to set a negative value for the rx or ry attributes of an SVG rect element. Ensure that these attributes are set to non-negative values.
  6. TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘buttonVisible’): This error indicates that the script is trying to access a property of an undefined object. Make sure that the object is defined before accessing its properties.
For more detailed information on Ford’s energy solutions, you can visit their EV Energy Solutions page1.
If these issues persist, you might want to contact Ford’s technical support for further assistance. Is there anything else you’d like to know or need help with?

Learn more
1ford.com 2ford.com 3ford.com 4ford.com

Last edited:

Steely

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
I'll assume you've tried to load the page in a private window to confirm that there isn't any bad cached code.

I'm using Vivaldi on my phone. Pretty standard configuration with the internal ad block and tracking turned on. It loads ok in that browser. I've not tried any others or on a computer.

If Ford is paying attention the timeout is too short and requires re-login too quickly making it slow to access.

Same here, as reported above.

When I examine the page source of https://energy.ford.com, there seem to be a number of Javascript errors, including crossscripting (XSS) regarded as insecure and not alllowed by modern browsers.

Here's the page source view with errors in MS Edge:

Here's Microsoft Copilot's summary/analysis of the above errors:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jim Lewis

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I'll assume you've tried to load the page in a private window to confirm that there isn't any bad cached code.

I'm using Vivaldi on my phone. Pretty standard configuration with the internal ad block and tracking turned on. It loads ok in that browser.
Interesting. Vivaldi on my iPhone 14 Pro Max running iOS 18.0 shows the same behavior as other browsers have. The page loads and disappears. This is with ad-blocking and tracking turned on same as for you.

Same thing happens loading https://energy.ford.com in an In Private tab in Microsoft Edge on my desktop computer.

Vivaldi gives a similar set of web page errors as I reported for Edge in my previous post:
energy.ford.com
ChargeSettings.jsx:57 Departure time not set for this vehicle
api.pd01e.gcp.ford.com/meea-vs/energy-app/v1/vehicle-status/1FT6W1EVXPWG12099:1

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 400 (Bad Request)
SummaryHero.jsx:51 Login Time: 3.10 seconds
moment.js:287 Deprecation warning: use moment.updateLocale(localeName, config) to change an existing locale. moment.defineLocale(localeName, config) should only be used for creating a new locale See http://momentjs.com/guides/#/warnings/define-locale/ for more info.
C @ moment.js:287
Show 1 more frame
Show less
react-dom.production.min.js:24 Error: <rect> attribute rx: A negative value is not valid. ("-2")
Show 1 more frame
Show less
react-dom.production.min.js:24 Error: <rect> attribute ry: A negative value is not valid. ("-2")
Show 1 more frame
Show less
react-dom.production.min.js:189 TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'buttonVisible')
ho @ react-dom.production.min.js:189
Show 1 more frame
Show less
react-dom.production.min.js:283 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'buttonVisible')

Steely

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
Quick update, as stated it was working in Vivaldi on my android phone, checked on the PC and it also successfully logs in on both Firefox and Vivaldi on Linux.

I'm not going to pretend to know how to parse that error log, but looking at the first line about the departure time not being set; mine is set, is yours? If not maybe the page is getting hung up on that somehow?

Also, in reply to prior comments, i'm not happy with the system as a whole or the support I've gotten from Ford, but I'm not a lawyer, i kind of figured that somewhere a lawyer would have installed the system, be similarly dissatisfied as all of us, and determined if this would warrant a class action suit. I figured i'd start posting here to document some of my issues and hopefully get some additional help somehow.

I called an old contact at the BEV team about my other thread and tried to explain it for a few minutes with the new TSB being issued and after little to no help the call just dropped and when i tried to call back it was like the person just left their desk and went to lunch. 🤬 Maybe someone has some better contacts for BEV engineering they can PM.

OP
OP
Jim Lewis

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
looking at the first line about the departure time not being set; mine is set, is yours? If not maybe the page is getting hung up on that somehow?
I set a Departure Time for 8 AM Monday morning. The page load still goes blank, so that's not it.

Quick update, as stated it was working in Vivaldi on my android phone, checked on the PC and it also successfully logs in on both Firefox and Vivaldi on Linux.
There must be something about my PC networking, my router, or Spectrum cable in San Antonio that's screwing things up. But Ford should make a website that just plain works, or let us know if it's not really fully operational yet for some reason. UPDATE: tested energy.ford.com site from my iPhone with Wi-Fi shutoff using a 5G cellular data connection provided to Spectrum Mobile, an MVNO, by Verizon. The page loads and still goes blank as before.

I have an installation of Ubuntu 22.04 LTS on Oracle VirtualBox 7.0 that I haven't updated since ~June 2022. If I log onto energy.ford.com with Firefox running under Ubuntu in VirtualBox on my Windows 11 PC, Ford's site screws up in the same way as I've reported on my Windows 11 PC and on my recent version iPhone running iOS 18.0 (happened under iOS 17.x, too).

@Ford Motor Company. How about providing an update from the powers that be at Ford on the status of the energy.ford.com site, what it takes to get it to work properly, and whether the site is fully operational already or not

Last edited:

tearitupsports

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I set a Departure Time for 8 AM Monday morning. The page load still goes blank, so that's not it.

There must be something about my PC networking, my router, or Spectrum cable in San Antonio that's screwing things up. But Ford should make a website that just plain works, or let us know if it's not really fully operational yet for some reason. UPDATE: tested energy.ford.com site from my iPhone with Wi-Fi shutoff using a 5G cellular data connection provided to Spectrum Mobile, an MVNO, by Verizon. The page loads and still goes blank as before.

I have an installation of Ubuntu 22.04 LTS on Oracle VirtualBox 7.0 that I haven't updated since ~June 2022. If I log onto energy.ford.com with Firefox running under Ubuntu in VirtualBox on my Windows 11 PC, Ford's site screws up in the same way as I've reported on my Windows 11 PC and on my recent version iPhone running iOS 18.0 (happened under iOS 17.x, too).

@Ford Motor Company. How about providing an update from the powers that be at Ford on the status of the energy.ford.com site, what it takes to get it to work properly, and whether the site is fully operational already or not

I have tried on different computers and browsers, as well as my phone, from all different locations. No matter what the screen goes blank after flashing up the data for less than a second.
I have never set a departure schedule up, so maybe there is something to that...

I was happy that the HIS actually worked for the first time today. I am not sure I would actually see it on the energy app though, because it doesn't seem to be registered with Ford in any way.
Sponsored