• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Add additional horn?

GarrettBlake

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Anybody add an additional horn? Air horn? Direct drive? Electric?
Sponsored

MaintGrl

First Name
Marsha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT Lightning, Anti-Matter Blue SR (311a)
Occupation
Retired CWEA Grade 3 Maintenance Technician
I'm interested in doing the same , , ,will be watching what others say . .

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum
Can't help with the question but I'm curious why one would want another horn. My single horn does it's job well of honking at people scrolling TicToc instead of driving when the light turns green.

OP
OP

GarrettBlake

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Just looking for a horn with a little more oomph to it than the standard one.

I've seen that post. Its one example, I'm just looking for other examples. Maybe something that does not take up frunk space.

Sponsored

21st Century Truck

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford 150 Lightning 2023 XLT ER pkg. 312A
I just swapped out the OEM basic Fiamm horns on my Lightning for Wolo Loud Ones (High + Low) models 380-2T and 385-2T. I used the original circuit. I hear a reasonable improvement over the OEM Fiamms.

I normally tend to go for Fiamm Freeway Blasters (High + Low) on motorcycles and cars... but I could only locate the Wolo Loud Ones this time.

Total swap time including pulling and reinstalling the frunk = less than one hour. The middle front horizontal plastic skirt, the one just under the headlight shell, is secured in the wheel well with two small Phillips head screws. After the frunk is removed (four 13mm and four Torx bolts + detaching the rear passenger corner electric multi-pin connector), you have to pull these two wheel well screws, and also remove the four shiny 10mm bolts from the under-frunk black trim lip + a fifth shiny 10mm bolt that is hiding right over the two OEM horns in a trim recess... then gently bend the right side of that narrow horizontal trim panel out and you can unscrew and detach the OEM two-horn bracket by unscrewing its 8mm bolt. With gentle handling, you can just weasel the two-horn bracket assembly up and out straight up by rotating it on its end. Then, it's just a horn swap, one for one and the other for the other, and reassembly.

There is an electric connector on the truck with four wires, two per horn. The OEM connector wires end with a proprietary-looking clip secured onto round posts on the OEM Fiamms. A Ford four-wire adapter is easily available on line with spade connectors on the four wires for use on the aftermarket horns.

Not too hard of a mod... the next time it'd take me a total of 30 minutes now that I know what I'm doing. Nice and slow and anyone can get there... you need a medium Phillips screwdriver bit, one 13mm socket, one 10mm socket, one Torx socket (frunk loop bolts) and one 8mm socket, and a can of patience to keep plastic trim things from breaking.

I don't like the fact that the OEM horn bracket is far on the driver's side of the inner bumper. If the new horn pair proves inadequate because of its far off-center location after I drive with this mod for a bit, I might add another pair of loud High + Low horns on the other, far passenger corner of the inner bumper, with their own dedicated relay. But for now, this plug & play mod will do.

Last edited:

OMO7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning
On my list of things I'd like to do to my truck, I have the horn mod slightly above above staring into the highbeams.

Airhorns are meant for transports and trains.

21st Century Truck

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
...Airhorns are meant for transports and trains.
Fiamm Freeway Blasters and Wolo Loud Ones are electric horns very often chosen by motorcycle riders. They are a cut above the "builder special" OEM horns on many common vehicles.

Air horns and "train" horns are another breed of cat altogether.

OMO7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning
Fiamm Freeway Blasters and Wolo Loud Ones are electric horns very often chosen by motorcycle riders. They are a cut above the "builder special" OEM horns on many common vehicles.

Air horns and "train" horns are another breed of cat altogether.
I don't want to completely derail the thread, but if you think your OEM horn needs more "oomph" then that money is probably better spent on a hearing aid because every other car on the road is still going to have their OEM horn.

21st Century Truck

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I don't want to completely derail the thread, but if you think your OEM horn needs more "oomph" then that money is probably better spent on a hearing aid because every other car on the road is still going to have their OEM horn.
I appreciate Your opinion.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Most people wanting louder horns on their trucks have little interest in hearing other people’s horns.
Sponsored