• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Apple Maps Routing and SoC now working on the Lighting!?

Mache_Enrique

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE GT, 2023 Lightning, 2018 Subaru WRX STI
Occupation
Finance
First, I searched for 5 minutes and could not find a thread on this so thought to start one (apologies if I missed this and this is redundant).

I was perusing Twitter as one does (still can't bring my self to say X) and noted Kyle Connor's post from Out of Spec that he was doing routing in a Lighting on Apple Maps (he has a Lighting for a month...you may have seen it with him on his first "non-Ford peep to charge a Ford on a Tesla Supercharger" video.)

So I marched right out to the garage, started up the Lighting and sure enough it let me setup the Lightning in Apple Maps and my phone started talking to the truck to get SoC, etc. We also have a MachE which has had this for a while, so I knew how to set it up.

It was not very intuitive the first time and Patrick from @Mach-E_Vlog had a YouTube short on how to set it up that seems to be the same for the Lighting so I am linking it here.

I just got updated to 6.4.0 the other day (my 2023 Lariat has been on a tear of updates as of late...nothing between October purchase and Feb. 15th) getting 4.2.1.2 on Feb 15th followed by a bunch of updates leading to 6.4.0 yesterday). Not sure which update did the trick for this (Per posts below it was a Recent Apple Update + 6.2 or 6.4 OTA that was the magic combo to make it available).

On a related note, I usually use Waze for daily navigation due to crowd sourced data and great rush-hour routing and I just noticed a few days ago you can now swipe scroll around the map with your finger. For over a year on the MachE and Lightning the touch/swipe to scroll around the map did not work (had to use arrows) but now suddenly it does. Not sure which update did it but nice quality of life update!

Ford F-150 Lightning Apple Maps Routing and SoC now working on the Lighting!? 1710387308069-na
Sponsored

Last edited:

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Yup, Apple Maps works well with the Lightning. This wasn’t a Ford Update that enabled this if I recall, it was an iOS update. The Mach-E was the first to get it and Apple added the Lightning a couple of months ago.

02Reaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT ER
Yup, Apple Maps works well with the Lightning. This wasn’t a Ford Update that enabled this if I recall, it was an iOS update. The Mach-E was the first to get it and Apple added the Lightning a couple of months ago.
It was both a Ford OTA update and an IOS update that allowed this.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT

Sponsored

Dylonious

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT SR
Does anyone know if this will precondition the battery for charging on longer trips like the built in nav claims to?

jmc6020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Does anyone know if this will precondition the battery for charging on longer trips like the built in nav claims to?
It does not precondition

Peddyr

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat SR
Does that built in Nav "pre-condition" or "condition" the battery temp while traveling?

mags

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Pro SR
Occupation
Computer Things
I also noticed that nav info shows up in the instrument cluster when using Apple Maps through Carplay. Pretty cool integration.

kbuicker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
Set mine up yesterday, worked really well. Easy to set up and worked immediately. Told me this morning I would have 75% battery upon arrival. It was a little off, I arrived with 78%, as with a friend on X, his was a little over-estimated too. Apple playing it safe I guess, but it's always nice to see how efficient the trucks are.

Now, If I could quit reaching over to alert others of an accident or heavy traffic like I do on Waze :) , Apple Maps would be perfect. I did get a 'speed check reported ahead' alert which was nice.

Sponsored

1Jetpilot

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired Pilot
I believe the most effective way to get preconditioning with Apple Maps is to enter the destination into Ford Navigation? Not sure if you can use Apple Maps while entering a destination into Ford Nav

Antimater

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
First, I searched for 5 minutes and could not find a thread on this so thought to start one (apologies if I missed this and this is redundant).

I was perusing Twitter as one does (still can't bring my self to say X) and noted Kyle Connor's post from Out of Spec that he was doing routing in a Lighting on Apple Maps (he has a Lighting for a month...you may have seen it with him on his first "non-Ford peep to charge a Ford on a Tesla Supercharger" video.)

So I marched right out to the garage, started up the Lighting and sure enough it let me setup the Lightning in Apple Maps and my phone started talking to the truck to get SoC, etc. We also have a MachE which has had this for a while, so I knew how to set it up.

It was not very intuitive the first time and Patrick from @Mach-E_Vlog had a YouTube short on how to set it up that seems to be the same for the Lighting so I am linking it here.

I just got updated to 6.4.0 the other day (my 2023 Lariat has been on a tear of updates as of late...nothing between October purchase and Feb. 15th) getting 4.2.1.2 on Feb 15th followed by a bunch of updates leading to 6.4.0 yesterday). Not sure which update did the trick for this (Per someone below it was an Apple Update).

On a related note, I usually use Waze for daily navigation due to crowd sourced data and great rush-hour routing and I just noticed a few days ago you can now swipe scroll around the map with your finger. For over a year on the MachE and Lightning the touch/swipe to scroll around the map did not work (had to use arrows) but now suddenly it does. Not sure which update did it but nice quality of life update!

1710387308069-na.png

Thank you!

Just got it setup using the video, easy peasy, but I had no idea I needed to go through those steps. I just kept waiting for it to show up auto-magically. Didn't bother looking around but you made it very easy for me. :)

GoHawks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Lightning ER

I just got updated to 6.4.0 the other day (my 2023 Lariat has been on a tear of updates as of late...nothing between October purchase and Feb. 15th) getting 4.2.1.2 on Feb 15th followed by a bunch of updates leading to 6.4.0 yesterday). Not sure which update did the trick for this (Per someone below it was an Apple Update).

1710387308069-na.png
Thanks for the post. I have been 'waiting' for this after never receiving the 6.3 update. I didn't realize it was a config issue on my side. Appreciate it.

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
Android is next to do this. soon. I have always been Android user for my phones.

BigMattT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I’m still on a 4.2 OTA update… I’m assuming this won’t work for me yet?
Sponsored