Sponsored

chillaban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Same here I used it everyday when I was daily driving it. The switch to Tesla’s AP has been an eye opener to how good BC really is. No abrupt stops, no quick accelerations from a dead stop, no trying to take an exit when you want to go straight. BC just feels much more refined.

Just this weekend I took it to Vegas and back, used BC about 95% of time, no issues at all.
Yeah same. The systems behave differently in philosophy — FSD wants to be a prototype self driving car and has nearly full control. BC is still a highway assist and has more limited allowed inputs.

When FSD is unsure it can put in sudden and harsh inputs, including slamming on the brakes and unnecessary swerving. BC in similar situations will either beep and ask for your help or just be okay with being outside the lane without adjusting.

In the end, I feel FSD is definitely more capable of driving “correctly” on more roads, but BC is infinitely more relaxing to use because it is predictable and never randomly slams on the brakes.

For the foreseeable future, while we are still required to pay full attention, I’d rather have BC on road trips. In the long run, FSD seems more poised for a future with L3/L4 where the car can handle enough situations that you don’t always have to pay attention.
Sponsored

Phil3315

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Platinum
If I had a platinum with the lay down seats, and with bluecruise I can input my destination, lay down and take a nap…I would pay the $800/year.
I have that and I don’t trust the BlueCruise at all. I’ve heard 1.2 & 1.3 will be a big improvement, because this is a novelty and it will randomly disengage completely without warning on a bridge or a turn. Saw the same behavior in a friends gas F-150 Platinum this weekend, so it’s not just mine 1.1 is more like. 0.7 beta release. It’s proof of concept but not useful yet

Reactions: GDN

Phil3315

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Platinum
FYI Lincoln customers have been testing 1.2 for most of this year, (BlueCruise is called Active Glide for Lincoln) so I’m guessing they’ve took what they’ve learned with that and created 1.3 and that’s why we’re going straight to that. Sounds promising. I don’t need the automatic passing, just stay away from other vehicles and look far ahead and steer smoother so it doesn’t make my passengers sick! People used to fall asleep for hours in my 2018 F-150 on trips with the lane keeping adaptive cruise, but with lane centering and blue cruise on in this 22 Lightning it occasionally makes jerky movements when I’m trying to drive smoothly, really annoying for something this expensive to be upsetting passengers

TheBigBezo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I've racked up thousands of miles on Blue Cruise here in the South with long straight interstates and low traffic density (outside cities).

It's worked fantastically for me. Every now and then it may try to take an exit but not that frequently. It rarely if ever disconnects on me. There have been plenty of times where I was frankly completely zoned out because I was alone with some truck rigs doing blue cruise for hour after hour until I needed to charge.

It has seriously reduced driving fatigue for me. Around town I use the basic mode for lane following and radar / speed sign recognition for speed. It's also been good to reduce fatigue.

I've seen EAP and FSD, cool, but built for a different purpose and I don't know if I'd ever trust a drive solution to navigate towns. My friends made errors that required his intervention but the difference between that and blue cruise is generally interstates aren't that crowded and mistakes on a suburban road can bend metal very quickly.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I have that and I don’t trust the BlueCruise at all. I’ve heard 1.2 & 1.3 will be a big improvement, because this is a novelty and it will randomly disengage completely without warning on a bridge or a turn. Saw the same behavior in a friends gas F-150 Platinum this weekend, so it’s not just mine 1.1 is more like. 0.7 beta release. It’s proof of concept but not useful yet
I've racked up thousands of miles on Blue Cruise here in the South with long straight interstates and low traffic density (outside cities).

It's worked fantastically for me. Every now and then it may try to take an exit but not that frequently. It rarely if ever disconnects on me. There have been plenty of times where I was frankly completely zoned out because I was alone with some truck rigs doing blue cruise for hour after hour until I needed to charge.

It has seriously reduced driving fatigue for me. Around town I use the basic mode for lane following and radar / speed sign recognition for speed. It's also been good to reduce fatigue.

I've seen EAP and FSD, cool, but built for a different purpose and I don't know if I'd ever trust a drive solution to navigate towns. My friends made errors that required his intervention but the difference between that and blue cruise is generally interstates aren't that crowded and mistakes on a suburban road can bend metal very quickly.
Welcome to Bizarro World.

"It's great"
"No, it's awful"

Gotta love the internets.

Sponsored

bwcbwc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Jeep Wrangler

"It's great"
"No, it's awful"

I'm in the "it's great" camp.

Just finished a road trip from NJ to Denver and back. Probably had BlueCruise engaged for 80% of those miles. Definitely dramatically decreases driving fatigue.

The key for me is to recognize when it's more trouble than it's worth. Heavy truck traffic, curvy roads and heavy rain can all kill the experience. But for the majority of the time I find it great.

Looking forward to improvements in future updates.

Phil3315

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Platinum

"It's great"
"No, it's awful"

not definitely does work better out of cities, and it’s very sensitive to the quality of the road and line markings.
Most of my driving is on I-77 in the Charlotte NC area and that road is a disaster with toll lanes and crooked lines and varying lane widths. It does not handle that well at all. But it still concerns me in good roads out of town it gets too close to other vehicles and doesn’t notice the the vehicle in the next lane is swerving/drifting/texting etc. it needs to watch the other vehicles more than just the lane markings and the vehicle in front of you

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
not definitely does work better out of cities, and it’s very sensitive to the quality of the road and line markings.
Most of my driving is on I-77 in the Charlotte NC area and that road is a disaster with toll lanes and crooked lines and varying lane widths. It does not handle that well at all. But it still concerns me in good roads out of town it gets too close to other vehicles and doesn’t notice the the vehicle in the next lane is swerving/drifting/texting etc. it needs to watch the other vehicles more than just the lane markings and the vehicle in front of you
My experience is exactly opposite of yours. Notices vehicles moving over just fine.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
FYI Lincoln customers have been testing 1.2 for most of this year, (BlueCruise is called Active Glide for Lincoln) so I’m guessing they’ve took what they’ve learned with that and created 1.3 and that’s why we’re going straight to that. Sounds promising. I don’t need the automatic passing, just stay away from other vehicles and look far ahead and steer smoother so it doesn’t make my passengers sick! People used to fall asleep for hours in my 2018 F-150 on trips with the lane keeping adaptive cruise, but with lane centering and blue cruise on in this 22 Lightning it occasionally makes jerky movements when I’m trying to drive smoothly, really annoying for something this expensive to be upsetting passengers
Testing this year on Lincoln? What have they had, 3 sales? I'm not sure their test bed is large enough for much of a test.

Last edited:

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Testing this year on Lincoln? What have they had, 3 sales? I'm not sure their test bed is large enough for much of a test.
BlueCruise 1.2 is also available on the Mach-E.

Sponsored

2wheeltraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat Rapid Red
3,800 mile trip TX to MN and back and used BC for 80%+ of the driving. I concur that the driver fatigue was FAR less than without (I make this trek annually) and 1.3 will hopefully make that even better.

I was able to make Omaha to Austin in one shot (8am to midnight) without getting groggy.

It's counterintuitive that longer trip = more refreshed, but when you reduce fatigue with BC and have more frequent physical breaks to charge, it's an interesting outcome..

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
3,800 mile trip TX to MN and back and used BC for 80%+ of the driving. I concur that the driver fatigue was FAR less than without (I make this trek annually) and 1.3 will hopefully make that even better.

I was able to make Omaha to Austin in one shot (8am to midnight) without getting groggy.

It's counterintuitive that longer trip = more refreshed, but when you reduce fatigue with BC and have more frequent physical breaks to charge, it's an interesting outcome..
I haven't gone that far, but I have found very similar results.

TheBigBezo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER

While not necessarily continuous, I have probably racked up 6-7,000 miles over the past couple months traveling for work and never staying more than a handful of days somewhere. Blue Cruise has been awesome, without it I would have been hurting.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Then you dont have that. You have a platinum with the same bluecruise I have.

You might’ve read that in the wrong tone. IF bluecruise was capable enough (it’s not) to allow you to take a nap while it drives you; then I would be willing to pay for it. As it is now, not worth it

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Just got this email, we'll see if does arrive by the end of year....

EDIT: False Alarm. I'm 99% sure I got this email in regards to my son's Mach-e that I co-signed on. The Mach-e folks are all reporting they got it the same time I did.

Ford F-150 Lightning BlueCruise 1.3 announced, coming to Lightning by end of the year 1692819919141
Sponsored

Last edited: