• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Charge Fault with two different at-home chargers (Tesla and Charge point)

desiderata2001

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
I have read everything I can find on the subject without resolution (including Reddit).

I have a 14-50 outlet that I use with the Ford mobile charger, and it works fine, no issues at all.

I traded my Tesla for the Lightning and already had a Gen 3 Wall charger for the Tesla. I never had an issue charging the Tesla (or other electric cars) but as soon as I hooked up my Lightning I got a charge fault. (Red ring only one time). I read that Ford can be a little fussier. I checked all wiring gauges, breakers, etc. and everything seems fine.

I sold my Tesla charger and got a Charge Point hardwired and hooked it up with 6-3 and a 60amp breaker (non GFCI). No issues with anything on the charger but still getting Charge Fault with Lightning. I have noticed one thing, when I first plug in and then go to the Ford Pass App and look at energy, it starts off with 1 kwh and goes up to 8kwh and then back down to 1kwh and then back up several times until it does the charge fault.

I have never had any issues charging anywhere (DC fast charging, etc.) but at my house. I am starting to suspect something is awry with my electrical panel but wanted to check here first. I have deleted my preferred charge times just in case.

I am not electrician, but I know enough to do simple installs.

Any guidance would be appreciated.
Sponsored