Class Action Lawsuit - Home Integration System

darknla

First Name
gerar6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L XLT SR
Sorry to butt in here, but I'm trying to learn something from the discussion. Does your electrician have a wiring diagram for your system? That might help you if someday he's no longer available to troubleshoot it. I'm pretty ignorant about electronics, but in the wiring diagram @tearitupsports furnished as an example earlier in the thread: https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...uit-home-integration-system.21562/post-429299, there seem to be two separate neutrals. A wiring diagram would help us folks in the bleachers here understand how your system is wired. In my ignorance, I'm assuming your system hooks in between the meter and the main panel, and the cutoff during an outage is between where it hooks in and the meter. If there does turn out to be a wiring error, the original wire diagram vs. the fixed-up one would be an informative lesson to anyone else who comes along and wants to emulate what you're trying to do.
Don't worry about butting in, the more the eye on it the better.

My electrician did a quick sketch for me right now. He also said neutral is non directional like a ground wire.

Ford F-150 Lightning Class Action Lawsuit - Home Integration System 751223565
Sponsored

darknla

First Name
gerar6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L XLT SR
Again you have a wierd setup and I could be wrong. That being said the symptoms you are seeing were the same as mine when I have the breaker off between the whb and panelboard. Might just double check that the phases are correct as well. I wouldn’t think it should matter much but I don’t know everything the WHB is doing/checking.
this what my electrician said " Yes line one and two are the same throughout. We had the main turned on for the second test. That's what makes me think it's a setting in the inverter. Power is present at the inverter. It just won't seem to send it. It just seems like a communication issue. "

tearitupsports

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
this what my electrician said " Yes line one and two are the same throughout. We had the main turned on for the second test. That's what makes me think it's a setting in the inverter. Power is present at the inverter. It just won't seem to send it. It just seems like a communication issue. "
So I have been thinking about your issue. Because your setup is different you are possibly having a load issue and are going to have a charger issue as well.
I think the wiring seems correct.
the big issue is that if you are successful in turning on your main panel it is going to turn on your charge station pro and immediately shut back down. To run tests you will need to turn off the breaker going to the charge station pro.
second I am wondering if the delta inverter is detecting too much load since it is your whole house. Have you tried shutting off some load breaker for AC and other items prior to starting up. If it were me I would leave only one breaker on running some lights or something. If you had pics of the other device wiring I could see if you might have comm issues. It is wierd all the components act fine individually but don’t work together.

darknla

First Name
gerar6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L XLT SR
So I have been thinking about your issue. Because your setup is different you are possibly having a load issue and are going to have a charger issue as well.
I think the wiring seems correct.
the big issue is that if you are successful in turning on your main panel it is going to turn on your charge station pro and immediately shut back down. To run tests you will need to turn off the breaker going to the charge station pro.
second I am wondering if the delta inverter is detecting too much load since it is your whole house. Have you tried shutting off some load breaker for AC and other items prior to starting up. If it were me I would leave only one breaker on running some lights or something. If you had pics of the other device wiring I could see if you might have comm issues. It is wierd all the components act fine individually but don’t work together.
Those are some good thoughts that I will try to work on tomorrow or later in the week. Its hard to turn off power when my wife and I work from home. Thanks for giving me those Ideas!
Sponsored