• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Raynorgarnett

First Name
Raynor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning lariat
Occupation
Engineer
From earlier reports this update takes a while. I suspect they did not hook up a battery charger/tender/power supply of sufficient amperage.
Yes, Tomball ford stated today that they only have Rotunda testers which don’t provide adequate amperage. They are trying to get a different machine so they can perform the update.
Sponsored

flyin525

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
This fix isn’t worth the time IMO. It dinged like crazy going into my garage but failed to switch to the forward facing camera when I was approaching the wall. A step backwards. Also as previously reported, the 360 camera is about half the size it should be now.

Thanks Ford for this awesome “Fix” for something that wasn’t even a problem for me previously.

MichaelCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER, 22 Model 3 LR, 16 Stang GT
This fix isn’t worth the time IMO. It dinged like crazy going into my garage but failed to switch to the forward facing camera when I was approaching the wall. A step backwards. Also as previously reported, the 360 camera is about half the size it should be now.

Thanks Ford for this awesome “Fix” for something that wasn’t even a problem for me previously.
luckily it was a quit forscan fix. https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...ng-guide-using-fdrs.8249/page-259#post-412945

Jamchampnate

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford lightning
Still looking for a confirmed success after this fix is applied. Anyone see anyone confirm it anywhere? I haven’t yet.

Sponsored

ktn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning® LARIAT ER
I’m scheduled for tomorrow, now i’m nervous 😂

scruvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT Standard Range
Thanks for the feedback on this thread. After reading the thread, I calendared this for July 2025, prior to the August 30, 2025, expiration or the next time the truck is being serviced.

flyin525

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I mean it looks like it doesn’t make anything worse, though some are getting a small 360 camera view after haha.

Keep us posted.
I think it’s worse. My 360 camera is now small and also when I pull up to something in front, like the wall of my garage, the front facing camera no longer pops up. I just get a diagram of the truck showing which sensors are detecting something.

Ford F-150 Lightning CSP 24B56 - Inoperative Front Parking Sensor(s) - IPMA Software Update for Certain 2022-24 F-150 Lightning Trucks IMG_4189

Jamchampnate

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford lightning
I think it’s worse. My 360 camera is now small and also when I pull up to something in front, like the wall of my garage, the front facing camera no longer pops up. I just get a diagram of the truck showing which sensors are detecting something.
Well that sucks. I just get nonstop beeping and failed front parking sensor errors until I disable the front parking sensors (and this is post “fix”).

Sponsored

dovetaildan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
Got the update yesterday. Took 3 hours for mine. Also got the small 360 degree camera problem.

Does anyone have a pic of the old 360 camera view for comparison?

Haven't driven a whole lot yet since the update but it does appears that some Blue Cruise tweaks were made.

sfringer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Got the update yesterday. Took 3 hours for mine. Also got the small 360 degree camera problem.

Does anyone have a pic of the old 360 camera view for comparison?

Haven't driven a whole lot yet since the update but it does appears that some Blue Cruise tweaks were made.
It's interesting folks are reporting this as it's called out in the tech document for 2022 model year vehicles.

Ford F-150 Lightning CSP 24B56 - Inoperative Front Parking Sensor(s) - IPMA Software Update for Certain 2022-24 F-150 Lightning Trucks 360cam

Clearly the techs are not fully reading/comprehending the clear instructions.

flyin525

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It's interesting folks are reporting this as it's called out in the tech document for 2022 model year vehicles.

360cam.jpg

yes I have a feeling that on mine, the tech didnt update the camera module.

scruvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT Standard Range

360cam.jpg

Good catch. It looks like the folks in this thread that posted a small 360 camera have a 2022 (Lariats). Any 2023s reporting the small 360 camera issue? Any 2022 XLTs or Pros with the smaller display having this issue?

Jamchampnate

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford lightning
Good catch. It looks like the folks in this thread that posted a small 360 camera have a 2022 (Lariats). Any 2023s reporting the small 360 camera issue? Any 2022 XLTs or Pros with the smaller display having this issue?
2023 lariat here. Fix applied. No issues with small camera. Didn’t fix the sensor issue at all.
Sponsored