• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Do 2024 Pre-Orders Lose the Tax Credit?

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
A couple of other interesting things from this thread - Ford's website still says "2023" Lightning. Why are they putting 2024 on the stickers? If they can make a future model say 2024 in 2023, why aren't they still 2023's even in 2024? Did they update the truck? The web site says 2023. Just because the calendar year changed, doesn't mean the truck did.

And WTH on delivery - up to $2095 now. Hard for me to truly believe that is costs that to ship these trucks, although I know it is averaged across all deliveries. I think someone is making some good money on that delivery.
Sponsored

Ray R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Flash, Model Y Performance

Ray R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Flash, Model Y Performance
A couple of other interesting things from this thread - Ford's website still says "2023" Lightning. Why are they putting 2024 on the stickers? If they can make a future model say 2024 in 2023, why aren't they still 2023's even in 2024? Did they update the truck? The web site says 2023. Just because the calendar year changed, doesn't mean the truck did.

And WTH on delivery - up to $2095 now. Hard for me to truly believe that is costs that to ship these trucks, although I know it is averaged across all deliveries. I think someone is making some good money on that delivery.
There are some changes with the 2024 models. A new heat pump, for example.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician

I can't comment on what is displayed on the website, but it's illegal to produce a previous model year vehicle in the current year. You can build the current and next model year, but not the previous.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
I can't comment on what is displayed on the website, but it's illegal to produce a previous model year vehicle in the current year. You can build the current and next model year, but not the previous.
This is good to know. Thanks.

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
There are some changes with the 2024 models. A new heat pump, for example.
True - they've been announced, but just wasn't sure how you were guaranteed you were getting that when you ordered, when the web site still says 2023.

Looks like per the stickers indeed they are, just wasn't sure.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Ok. Q4 clearly states MSRP is based on the sticker. So the only chance the buyer has of getting the credit is if Ford will provide a sticker that reflects the original ordered price.
Yep and Q6 says if the manufacturer offers an incentive that drops the price below 80K, then it doesn’t matter, still not eligible, it’s based on MSRP on the attached window sticker. That would seem to negate private offers.

We all agree that OP *should* get the rebate. So hopefully Ford figures this out and somehow makes sure the IRS gets info that his vehicle was eligible or makes up the 7500 to the customer directly.

Edit: last year when they dropped the price, they reprinted window stickers left and right to make the vehicles eligible. So we know they can do that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TreatYoSelf

TreatYoSelf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F150 Lightning Lariat - 2020 Tesla Model 3P
Occupation
Ad Man
Thanks everyone for your input. I obviously wouldn’t have optioned what is effectively a $13,000 bed liner. I too interpret it’s the MSRP that matters when it comes to the IRS and my Colorado state tax rebate. I’m going to be working with my dealer and Ford to try and get the MSRP to match my order sheet. If I’m unsuccessful, then I won’t be taking delivery of the truck.

@GDN I specifically ordered a MY2024 back in October through my dealer (I had an 2023 on order) after Ford announced they were adding a heat pump.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Let us know your progress. I think there will be a lot more in this situation. Good luck.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
The end result will be how the 15400 is filled out, the OP's order contract is for the MSRP at time of signing, irregardless of the machinations on the P&S/settlement sheet it should be entitled to a qualified sale value in box 10.

IMHO this is what the FED's and STATES should see and accept.

Will sales of this nature be scrutinized, potentially, but in the end the order contract specifically stated the prices, as long as that predates the manufacturer's official price increase then it should be allowed, conversely, if a truck is ordered today but the dealer is willing to cut away some of their built in profits and lower the deal to just under the 80K limit, that should not qualify.

The above is my forgiving and rational opinion, what comes of reality is potentially another story, looking forward to the OP's final decision when the truck arrives in the next month or so.

Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
If you’re patient, you’ll likely find a truck configured the way you like (without the bedliner) on a dealer lot somewhere.

OP
OP
TreatYoSelf

TreatYoSelf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F150 Lightning Lariat - 2020 Tesla Model 3P
Occupation
Ad Man
The end result will be how the 15400 is filled out, the OP's order contract is for the MSRP at time of signing, irregardless of the machinations on the P&S/settlement sheet it should be entitled to a qualified sale value in box 10.

IMHO this is what the FED's and STATES should see and accept.
@TaxmanHog is on it!
I just got off the phone with my dealer rep and I will be price-protected by Ford to my order sheet pricing from October. She also said that Ford will NOT issue a new window sticker. However, due to the order sheet pricing they, the dealer, recognize my truck as a qualified sale and will submit the forms to make my sale eligible for the tax credits. My rep then told me, "you can take a deep breath now." She was right, I was worried about this one.

RaptorEV

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
McLaren 12C
Occupation
Secret Agent
@TaxmanHog is on it!
I just got off the phone with my dealer rep and I will be price-protected by Ford to my order sheet pricing from October. She also said that Ford will NOT issue a new window sticker. However, due to the order sheet pricing they, the dealer, recognize my truck as a qualified sale and will submit the forms to make my sale eligible for the tax credits. My rep then told me, "you can take a deep breath now." She was right, I was worried about this one.
I don't think you're out of the woods on this one. No window sticker, no IRS rebate. I'd cancel the order and demand my deposit back.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I don't think you're out of the woods on this one. No window sticker, no IRS rebate. I'd cancel the order and demand my deposit back.
The window sticker is not relevant in this case.
Sponsored