• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

TJSparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT (302A) RockyRidge K2
Just did the ABS update. Everything updated fine but left the ABS update in the SW Update menu like GSM. Might clear out on its own after a few days.
Sponsored

TJSparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT (302A) RockyRidge K2
Just finished the ASB update. 501A with Copilot 360 Assist.

Software P/N
Before: ML34-2D053-AJ
After: NL43-2D053-CA
I have the same software P/N results….

302A XLT 5.0L 8” Cluster

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
Had an interesting conversation with my salesman a few minutes ago. Checking on my Lightning order build date etc. as well as discussing the whole BC updating and the TRM recall. Lots of generalized stuff, and then he tells me their tech was talking to him this morning and passed on some news about a recall that's coming up. The salesman didn't know much more about it other than it affected all vehicles with Bluecruise, and the tech was saying that it's the first time he's seen a recall where Ford is paying 8 hours to get it done. He says with recalls they normally get paid a fraction of that. The tech was at lunch so I couldn't ask him what it was about....

So for the community, is there an impending recall out there for BC that anybody knows about? I know many of you folks are tuned into that sort of info...

Asking for a friend....;)

Mike

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
Just a guess, but it might be compensation for all the updates this group has done to get to Bluecruise ourselves?

If so, that tech will be complaining that even 8 hours isn't enough. ? :)

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
Had an interesting conversation with my salesman a few minutes ago. Checking on my Lightning order build date etc. as well as discussing the whole BC updating and the TRM recall. Lots of generalized stuff, and then he tells me their tech was talking to him this morning and passed on some news about a recall that's coming up. The salesman didn't know much more about it other than it affected all vehicles with Bluecruise, and the tech was saying that it's the first time he's seen a recall where Ford is paying 8 hours to get it done. He says with recalls they normally get paid a fraction of that. The tech was at lunch so I couldn't ask him what it was about....

So for the community, is there an impending recall out there for BC that anybody knows about? I know many of you folks are tuned into that sort of info...

Asking for a friend....;)

Mike
Doubt it's a recall as we would think of it, but more the time it takes to install Blue Cruise and that dealerships get paid to do it now. Maybe they have to call it a recall to get paid though?

Sponsored

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Doubt it's a recall as we would think of it, but more the time it takes to install Blue Cruise and that dealerships get paid to do it now. Maybe they have to call it a recall to get paid though?
I thought of that but didn't the 21G01 program already spell out the number of labor hours they were supposed to get to do the BC update?

That's why I thought this might be something different. But you could be right. Maybe they've come to the realization of the actual labor required. Anyway looking for something to be realsed soon on this...

Mike

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum Hybrid
Occupation
Retired
I thought of that but didn't the 21G01 program already spell out the number of labor hours they were supposed to get to do the BC update?

That's why I thought this might be something different. But you could be right. Maybe they've come to the realization of the actual labor required. Anyway looking for something to be realsed soon on this...

Mike
What their labor time shows, is most of the time nowhere near the allotment. Plus they only get paid a percentage of the hourly rates. These guys just don't plug in and have everything go well the first time. This thread is evidence of that.

Itsjustmd

First Name
Jayce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Been debating following this process. I'm curious though, I'm on the Power Up 2.3.0 OTA. I've gotten past the 1.7.1 after I sat on it for a long time. So if I wait long enough will I just get the rest of these OTAs? Doesn't seem like getting stuck on 2.3.0 is a thing. My VIN is 1FTFW1ED8MFB62018 if that helps. Thanks for any info anyway can give!

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
Eng
Been debating following this process. I'm curious though, I'm on the Power Up 2.3.0 OTA. I've gotten past the 1.7.1 after I sat on it for a long time. So if I wait long enough will I just get the rest of these OTAs? Doesn't seem like getting stuck on 2.3.0 is a thing. My VIN is 1FTFW1ED8MFB62018 if that helps. Thanks for any info anyway can give!
Yes, you will eventually get the OTAs, but Ford is not scheduling them for those not in the early access program. If you don't want to wait (possibly months) then you can get them from FDRS right now.

Itsjustmd

First Name
Jayce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes, you will eventually get the OTAs, but Ford is not scheduling them for those not in the early access program. If you don't want to wait (possibly months) then you can get them from FDRS right now.
That makes sense why I'm just sitting here stuck. I was wondering why I wasn't getting them. So you've got to be in the EAP to get the OTA update to something that was originally supposed to have been out WAY before now even though job 2 trucks already have it. Great, smh.

Sponsored

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That makes sense why I'm just sitting here stuck. I was wondering why I wasn't getting them. So you've got to be in the EAP to get the OTA update to something that was originally supposed to have been out WAY before now even though job 2 trucks already have it. Great, smh.
I sense that you may not have been following all the traffic on other threads regarding getting BC.

You can get an adapter for your win10 laptop, FDRS license, and a 20A powersupply, and do it yourself.

Or you can make an appointment with your local dealer referencing the attached 21G01 program and have them do it.

Best,

Mike

Attachments

ColoradoHunter

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR, 4X4, AMB, FX4
Occupation
Retired
@Jesse-Infotainment Any chance you can take a look at the info on my truck and give me your opinion of where I stand. Vin #1FTFW1ED5MFC06184. I had it in for the TSB to fix the OTA Update issue. The dealer is getting the U3000 error and says I need a new APIM.

Itsjustmd

First Name
Jayce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I sense that you may not have been following all the traffic on other threads regarding getting BC.

You can get an adapter for your win10 laptop, FDRS license, and a 20A powersupply, and do it yourself.

Or you can make an appointment with your local dealer referencing the attached 21G01 program and have them do it.

Best,

Mike
Thanks! I've been following. I just didn't realize that only EAP trucks were getting the OTA updates. That's the part I somehow missed. My local dealer hasn't heard of updating to Bluecruise yet. So, after reading all of the stories of people who said the dealership still couldn't do it right, I didn't want to waste my time with them if I was gonna get the OTA soon. I see people getting the 2.4s and 2.5s and such and up until now I had gotten OTAs within a couple of weeks of others. I didn't know if I was stuck now and just needed to do it myself, or if just waiting would get the OTA soon. Sounds like it won't be soon, even though I'm not actually stuck, so I may just bite the bullet and buy the stuff to do it myself.

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost FX4
If not let me know. What I would suggest if it doesn’t though try a PMI of the apim. If it still doesn’t then we will see what our options are
I conducted the PMI on the APIM after an overnight rest. No issues but the screen is still the same as pictured earlier. Any additional suggestions?

Last edited:

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
@Jesse-Infotainment Any chance you can take a look at the info on my truck and give me your opinion of where I stand. Vin #1FTFW1ED5MFC06184. I had it in for the TSB to fix the OTA Update issue. The dealer is getting the U3000 error and says I need a new APIM.
Ok I’ll look
Sponsored