• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
@Mike G I was just wondering if there was any update on the Power Train bulletin? I know you had mentioned its as moved to August and I think Ruggedraw checked at the beginning of August and it was still the same, so now that it is almost half way into August I was just wondering if there was any update or if they used it back again. Thanks!
Nothing as of this morning.
Sponsored

ziptbm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MME GT & '22 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
I just bought a 48 hour license and ran a bunch of the updates on my lightning and came up with a few Questions that I've been unable to find clear answers to from my searches:

1. Clearing Error Codes? - After running a bunch of updates, aren't you supposed to clear some error codes or something as a clean up action? While this is my third time to run FDRS in the last 1.5 years, I can't recall or find that information.

2. How to Verify BC 1.3 - how can I verify that BC 1.3 was installed in my lightning without driving?

3. UI Update on Sync to Match MME? - My MachE has newer iconography...I was surprised to see this didn't come to the Lightning. Does this seem right?

Thanks for anyone that can provide these quick pointers.

Also, for those interested in the Walk Away Lock (BCM Update), as of Aug 15, the username/password is still required. I would pay for this feature....this is painful.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
I just bought a 48 hour license and ran a bunch of the updates on my lightning and came up with a few Questions that I've been unable to find clear answers to from my searches:

1. Clearing Error Codes? - After running a bunch of updates, aren't you supposed to clear some error codes or something as a clean up action? While this is my third time to run FDRS in the last 1.5 years, I can't recall or find that information.

2. How to Verify BC 1.3 - how can I verify that BC 1.3 was installed in my lightning without driving?

3. UI Update on Sync to Match MME? - My MachE has newer iconography...I was surprised to see this didn't come to the Lightning. Does this seem right?

Also, for those interested in the Walk Away Lock (BCM Update), as of Aug 15, the username/password is still required. I would pay for this feature....this is painful.
If the truck is working fine, I would not stress a few codes being reported. All vehicles report some kind of codes including my own.

You cannot enable the new BC features with FDRS. That is done with FORScan if you have the right software in the ADAS related modules. PM me your VIN and we can talk about that off the forum.

The APIM update on the Mach E's you are referring to has not been released to anything other than the Mach E yet.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

You, like the rest of us, are still waiting for a new gateway update to solve all of our powertrain problems. This is the one we've been waiting on since April or May?

That's why FSA 23B57 is still on hold, and that's why we don't have the new Sync (1122) like your Mach-E has now (because we need a gateway software update for that too)...and obviously we probably need the new gateway for BC 1.3 to get turned on.

We've got two weeks left in August at this point. Let's just hope they don't kick the can down the road again like they did back at the end of June.

Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS PTS_28-Jun-24-1

Sponsored

ziptbm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 additional observations following my installation last night of all available updates in my 22 Lightning (except for BCM).

1. FDRS Not Logging In - After finishing up the Lightning, I started pushing all available updates to my MME and FDRS randomly lost connection for some reason. At around 10:30PM ET last night in the middle of a multi-module update, my computer prompted me with the FordPass login, but wouldn't accept my username and password. While it wouldn't given an error, it would just act like it was attempting to login but not proceed. As a test, I opened another browser window to test my credentials and they logged in without issue. After more testing including force closing FDRS (I know, I was a bit scared doing this...), I was still unable to get back into FDRS. I then rebooted the Windows machine and it allowed me to login. Now today (~2PM ET), I'm seeing the same issue when launching FDRS. Same deal, multiple attempts, reboots, nothing. Finally, I just kept trying and it logged in.

Anyone know if this is a known issue with FDRS (on 41.5.2) or something? Any other known workarounds when this happens?

2. 360 Camera Image No Longer Filling Lower Box when in Reverse - I want to say before the updates I performed yesterday, the 360 camera image filled the lower box when in reverse. I've found two other threads on the topic (here and here), but haven't found a known solution yet. For context, I installed the following:
  • FHCM
  • DSM
  • HVAC
  • DDM
  • PDM
  • IPMA
  • PSCM

Anyone else seeing this? Is it a coincidence that I performed updates yesterday or could it be related to one of them?

Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS IMG_1939

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 additional observations following my installation last night of all available updates in my 22 Lightning (except for BCM).

1. FDRS Not Logging In - After finishing up the Lightning, I started pushing all available updates to my MME and FDRS randomly lost connection for some reason. At around 10:30PM ET last night in the middle of a multi-module update, my computer prompted me with the FordPass login, but wouldn't accept my username and password. While it wouldn't given an error, it would just act like it was attempting to login but not proceed. As a test, I opened another browser window to test my credentials and they logged in without issue. After more testing including force closing FDRS (I know, I was a bit scared doing this...), I was still unable to get back into FDRS. I then rebooted the Windows machine and it allowed me to login. Now today (~2PM ET), I'm seeing the same issue when launching FDRS. Same deal, multiple attempts, reboots, nothing. Finally, I just kept trying and it logged in.

Anyone know if this is a known issue with FDRS (on 41.5.2) or something? Any other known workarounds when this happens?

2. 360 Camera Image No Longer Filling Lower Box when in Reverse - I want to say before the updates I performed yesterday, the 360 camera image filled the lower box when in reverse. I've found two other threads on the topic (here and here), but haven't found a known solution yet. For context, I installed the following:
  • FHCM
  • DSM
  • HVAC
  • DDM
  • PDM
  • IPMA
  • PSCM

Anyone else seeing this? Is it a coincidence that I performed updates yesterday or could it be related to one of them?

IMG_1939.jpeg
Yeah I know about the camera one...there's a FDRS tool specifically to address that issue. I think it's the APIM tool called "360 Camera View Display Configuration" if memory serves....

Found this note from when I had the same problem:
Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS Lightning_360_Alignment_after_IPMA_Update-1

Last edited:

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Yeah I know about the camera one...there's a FDRS tool specifically to address that issue. I think it's the APIM tool called "360 Camera View Display Configuration" if memory serves....
Interesting. If it's just a config thing, then it can be done with FORScan.

@ziptbm The key is somewhere here. Right now, you are showing a 2 there. Maybe try 3 for stretched? Make sure you reboot the APIM after making the change. If it works, you save $50. If it doesn't, you can just put it back to what it was.

Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS 1723849008637-nc

ziptbm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Found this note from when I had the same problem:
Lightning_360_Alignment_after_IPMA_Update-1.png
Thank you. This resolved it. Luckily My 48 hour license was still active.

Sponsored

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This morning's check didn't turn up the new gateway update I was looking for but instead a trailer module update that I wasn't, and didn't know I might need. Not sure why this is being sent out.

Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS Lightning_TRM_Update_17_Aug-24

pkirby11

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
This morning's check didn't turn up the new gateway update I was looking for but instead a trailer module update that I wasn't, and didn't know I might need. Not sure why this is being sent out.

Lightning_TRM_Update_17_Aug-24.png
Seeing your post I just checked and I have the TRM update now today as well. I could be wrong, but I think this is promising as I had GWM update earlier in the week and now the TRM update. I also could swear the GVMS warning was also on the TRM module and it is cleared. Maybe that means the Power Train fix is coming too. One can hope. :)

MrLoganRoss

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23.5 MachE GTPE & '24 Lightning Lariat
I have a ‘24 Lariat. I have noticed I am unable to set charging targets/locations. Assuming I just need to do updates, which I couldn’t do last night due to the FFRS login issue. Any idea which modules might fix this?

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
I have a ‘24 Lariat. I have noticed I am unable to set charging targets/locations. Assuming I just need to do updates, which I couldn’t do last night due to the FFRS login issue. Any idea which modules might fix this?
I think there is a guy on the Mach E forum that can fix this. I don't remember his name. I am pretty sure @Mike G is the one that posted about it.

MrLoganRoss

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23.5 MachE GTPE & '24 Lightning Lariat
I am running updates this morning and will see if that helps. They are all done except APIM which is running now. If that doesn’t fix it I may ask the guy on the Mache forum that helped me get the public charging app on my Mache. Thanks everyone!
Sponsored

Last edited: