• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

FCSP New Station Setup Connectivity Issues

ThunderSnoww

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER Antimatter Blue
After a four-week delay in getting my coupon to buy my FCSP via Ford.com, I finally got an electrician to install my FCSP today. At the end of the installation, the installers tried to help me link the charger to my FordPass & home wifi via the Ford Charge Station Pro Siemens AG iOS app. Initially the SSID showed up correctly on my iPhone and I added the SWAXXXXX "network" through iOS wifi settings per the app's directions. My phone recognized the charger and then communicated with the home wifi at first, but eventually, the connection failed. I knew I should have moved my wifi router closer before installation, but was hoping to skip the hassle and just be within range. Bad choice...

After relocating my home wifi router to within a few feet of the FCSP mounted to the side of my house, I then had to navigate through numerous router issues. Eventually, I finally got my home wifi back up and running after two hours of messing with the modem and factory resetting the router. I left for dinner, came home a couple of hours later, and then tried to re-add the charger via FCSP Setup App. This time the SSID never showed up as an option. I tried power cycling the charger at the service panel breaker and then waited 3-5 minutes per other troubleshooting posts before re-attempting the "New Station Setup" in the app. I tried several times to manually add the SWAXXXXX SSID and it never took.

Any ideas on what to try next? I saw that I should try hard-resetting the FCSP, although I'm not sure exactly how to do that. Is there a way to clear the network settings from my iPhone so that way the phone doesn't keep ignoring the network? Is there a silver bullet to this issue that can prevent me from wasting my life on the phone with tech support come Monday?

TIA
Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Try entering the SSID manually. That worked for me.
I think it no longer broadcasts the SSID after the initial connection.

OP
OP

ThunderSnoww

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER Antimatter Blue
Try entering the SSID manually. That worked for me.
I think it no longer broadcasts the SSID after the initial connection.
I tried that many times as well, just kept getting a "Network Not Found" error in the iOS wifi settings menu.

Scorpio3d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner
I am trying to remember the issues I had when I installed mine I remember it is a little wonky the way you have to set it up through the Ford app as well as the FCSP app I think you can go in and delete it from the FCSP app and then reinstall it but I couldnā€™t swear to that as it has been a while since my install. Also, I think it has to do a software update on the FCSP hopefully it will do that overnight?
I think the only way you can power cycle the FCSP is by turning the breaker off and then back on.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I am trying to remember the issues I had when I installed mine I remember it is a little wonky the way you have to set it up through the Ford app as well as the FCSP app I think you can go in and delete it from the FCSP app and then reinstall it but I couldnā€™t swear to that as it has been a while since my install. Also, I think it has to do a software update on the FCSP hopefully it will do that overnight?.
He canā€™t do any of that until he solves his WiFi connectivity issue.

Sponsored

Cfieldsj

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning platinum
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Had my truck just over a year now and that setup has always been a challenge! Here are a few thoughts that have eventually helped me to get them connected:

1. Try to make sure the SW Version is the lasted before trying anything. My FCSP has been updated 3 or 4 times in the last year with my current version being 0.0:2.149:1.32:0.62:1.53 as reported in the FCSP app. (The version # reported by the FordPass app doesnā€™t match this).
2. Configure your router to only connect the FCSP at 2.4 Gb. Use MAC address of your FCSP whatever your router wants.
3. Be sure the truck is as close as possible to the FCSP as possible. This may be mainly to link up the Intelligent Backup. Iā€™ve had to get the back passenger door within feet of the FCSP, open the back passenger door, and fold down the back passenger seat back.
4. Iā€™ve had to disconnect the 12v battery ground for at least 5 min, reconnect and let truck reset for at least 5 min, then try to connect.
5. Some days FCSP just doesnā€™t talk. Next day it will talk every time I want to connect. Sometimes I have to be within feet of the FCSP, other days it connects easily from 100 ft away.
6. When I have to reconnect, it usually takes me several days to get everything working correctlyā€¦
7. Remember you use Bluetooth to provision the FCSP to your WiFi SSID and its password. After that works, your phone and truck will have to be on the same WiFi SSID to communicate.
I hope this gives you some more ideas. For me, itā€™s always a long and convoluted process to get everything to work. Intelligent Backup just isnā€™t very intelligentā€¦. Good luck, when it is connected, it seems to work pretty solid.

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 FORD RANGER, 2023 F-150 LIGHTNING
The tech help line got me to the point of trying to get my FCSP to connect to my home network but then it wouldn't go any further.
A couple things she told me to do setting up the FCSP:
1) turn off bluetooth on the phone before starting the setup app
2) add the FCSP as a new network - that took a few tries because it wouldn't accept the password a couple times
3) be sure the phone and the FCSP are trying to connect to the same wi-fi network and it must be a 2.4GHz network
4) even after doing all she said, it would not connect to the home wi-fi so I figured must not be getting the signal and gave up because I wasted too much time in a futile exercise for something I don't really need - the app - because all I really need is to just charge my truck with the dang thing.

I considered trying what you did, moving a wi-fi repeater/extender close to the FCSP, but now I am glad I didn't bother.

At some point, after failing to connect a few times, I lost the FCSP connectivity from the setup app as well...good riddance...it goes into my "too much trouble to make work right" pile along with Bluetooth audio in the truck.

Life is too short to fight with tech that should have worked the first time but doesn't, probably because some programmer wanted to get back to playing video games and didn't do a good job writing and testing their project.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
Thereā€™s always the option of not linking it to the net.

I have had mine up and running total stand alone for more than a year now. Works like a champ evert time all the time. The statistics are meaningless to me and we donā€™t have any electrical company benefits for connectivity so no problem.

Now if you are intending to go with HIS then thatā€™s another issue altogether.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
The statistics are meaningless to me and we donā€™t have any electrical company benefits for connectivity so no problem.
Be still my palpitating heart, I'm a stat's nerd, but like you do not have any energy credit incentives, for me it's all about the charging performance data.

Sponsored

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
For me itā€™s in living the sticks and not having any internet. And I made a career in IT industry when Gateway was king. šŸ˜Š

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
For me itā€™s in living the sticks and not having any internet. And I made a career in IT industry when Gateway was king. šŸ˜Š
TRS-80 model 3, running VisiCalc on floppy disks.....................

Dean, I think we're showing our age to these wet behind the ear kids..................

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
Thereā€™s always the option of not linking it to the net.

I have had mine up and running total stand alone for more than a year now. Works like a champ evert time all the time. The statistics are meaningless to me and we donā€™t have any electrical company benefits for connectivity so no problem.

Now if you are intending to go with HIS then thatā€™s another issue altogether.
Same here. And I do get stats on the Ford Pass App.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TRS-80 model 3, running VisiCalc on floppy disks.....................

Dean, I think we're showing our age to these wet behind the ear kids..................
Hey, I had a Timex Sinclair!

Maximum Effort

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024Lightning Flash, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Self employed
I had the same issue the first time I connected mine almost 2 years ago. I recently had to reconnect it again because it lost its connection. After several hours over several days of messing with everything like you did, I remembered what the issue was two years agoā€¦blue tooth on the phone has to be off. šŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø Connected immediately after I started over with blue tooth off.
I also had on issue with the password. The last character in the password was ā€œlā€ which apparently is the #1. šŸ˜‚
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator: