• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford Authority says Lightnings being held up by chips for some features

3LCD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Last edited:

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
Would that explain the 2 week or so delay in modules popping? Does this mean that once the modules have popped that this issue has been resolved for those trucks?

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I'm not surprised and what I speculated. We were to the point modules were popping within 24 to 48 hours of blend date. That came to a screeching halt on 5/23 - sometime that day something changed. Looks like the truth is slipping out.

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
Would that explain the 2 week or so delay in modules popping? Does this mean that once the modules have popped that this issue has been resolved for those trucks?
I truly hope that’s what it means! We will see.

Reactions: GDN

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
I wouldn't mind taking my Lightning at delivery now without wipers or back up cams.
Dealer can install them later.....

Never rains here in hot sunny So Cal so no wipers needed.o_O

I used to actually drive cars in reverse with my neck turned 180 degrees so no need for cameras.... :LOL:

Sponsored

syrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lead Foot Lariat 3.5L PowerBoost
dumb question, does popped modules mean all parts are in or can a truck be sitting waiting for parts with popped modules?

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Thats why they are piling up in the lots around Dearborn....bummer

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E

Rekoil

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Carbon Lariat ER
Occupation
Basket Weaving
So.. I think one of these is mine. My FordPass activated and the truck has been sitting in a lot near the airport for a month. And lo and behold, when I lock the truck using the app(usually to wake it up and see if it’s moved) I get this message:

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Authority says Lightnings being held up by chips for some features 51BAEFFB-8847-4985-972B-8CEC6DC18F98

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
No.

Sponsored
OP
OP
3LCD

3LCD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Doesn't specifically mention Lightning. Only base F-150 has chip issues.
Article quote:
"Ford has said that the main production constraints for the F-150 Lighting are currently related to chips needed for features such as the backup camera and windshield wipers – not connected vehicle services."

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
dumb question, does popped modules mean all parts are in or can a truck be sitting waiting for parts with popped modules?
Not a dumb question. There have been thousands of Broncos built with modules popped but left sitting at dirt/ice mountain for months waiting on modules.
If you knew all of the modules needed for a particular truck and knew how to analyze the Motorcraft data then you may be able to make an assessment of missing modules.
On the Broncos one would be missing chips and the next one on the line may not. I think the slow module pop is something else (my guess).

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Early Builds are now screwed, when chips become available they will most likely go to those coming off the line. Might have to start looking at Plan B. This explains the non exist RailCar # and lack of update since May 30th. Congrats to those who have yours in hand, the value just increased again lol

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Early Builds are now screwed, when chips become available they will most likely go to those coming off the line. Might have to start looking at Plan B. This explains the non exist RailCar # and lack of update since May 30th. Congrats to those who have yours in hand, the value just increased again lol
I don't think this would be affecting early builds, I think this hit on May 23. I think the early builds are just still in parking lot hell. We saw was too many of the earlier trucks get loaded up and delivered.

If my theory is right, however, they are doing it right. They went back to the trucks on the 24th and started adding the parts. It has been slow though. It has taken 3 weeks to get through the week of the 23rd and get them retrofitted. This coming week we should start to now see trucks from the 5/30 and 6/6 week start to pop. And with any good luck as they work that back log they will have enough to start to get them back on the line too.

All of this guessing, but nothing ever indicated the early trucks were missing anything. Just seemed to be parked in hell.

We'll likely never know the whole story, but hope they get them all on a rail car soon.

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER - 21 Mach-E Prem AWD/ER
I don't think this would be affecting early builds, I think this hit on May 23. I think the early builds are just still in parking lot hell. We saw was too many of the earlier trucks get loaded up and delivered.

If my theory is right, however, they are doing it right. They went back to the trucks on the 24th and started adding the parts. It has been slow though. It has taken 3 weeks to get through the week of the 23rd and get them retrofitted. This coming week we should start to now see trucks from the 5/30 and 6/6 week start to pop. And with any good luck as they work that back log they will have enough to start to get them back on the line too.

All of this guessing, but nothing ever indicated the early trucks were missing anything. Just seemed to be parked in hell.

We'll likely never know the whole story, but hope they get them all on a rail car soon.
Except when I checked w/ Ford Chat today they said mine (4/22 blend) is on hold because of "micro chip". I'm thinking there was something they needed to replace and that's on back order.. but who knows, will never know for sure lol.
Sponsored