First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Platinum, 2023 Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
I charged my 23 Platinum today at a Tesla SC using the A2Z adapter and it worked well. I was able to get into a pull-through space so I didn't have the cable issue. I used the Tesla app to set up and pay for the charge. Very simple and easy!
Sponsored

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
@TaxmanHog

Any noticeable changes to the charge curve with the SCs?
He's too busy hobnobbing with Ford execs to deal with us peons today...😉

Saw someone on Facebook post about it and it seemed to follow the normal curve. They got upper 160s for a bit then settled down to 120-130s till the 80%drop off.

Vorador

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Ford Escape
I just can't wipe the smile off my face. This was the last hurdle to make the Lightning a perfect vehicle. Now the crappy DCFC network is no longer a threat.

Just amazing! Can't wait to get yelled at by a Tesla fanboy for hogging two charging stalls!
Agreed. Glad I never have to deal with EA again. Thought I do have some free charging I should try to use up sometime.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
He's too busy hobnobbing with Ford execs to deal with us peons today...😉

Saw someone on Facebook post about it and it seemed to follow the normal curve. They got upper 160s for a bit then settled down to 120-130s till the 80%drop off.
The curve will only change if Ford changes it. I believe it would be the same for all chargers. I do think they have some room for improvement as big as this battery is.

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
The curve will only change if Ford changes it. I believe it would be the same for all chargers. I do think they have some room for improvement as big as this battery is.
Agreed. As long as the adapters can handle the full throughput without overheating should be the same. I don't know if I want it to peak any higher or hold the peak longer because I already get a pucker factor when I see it at 175-180. It would be nice for it to keep the 150 range a bit longer for sure.

Sponsored

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Part of me was hoping some of the limitations was the thermal management from the charger vs the truck. In reality it only saves 2-3 minutes but imagine maintaining a fully 160-170kW from 5-80%.

Howard_Scott_Warshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, rapid red
I'd love to see my max tow package be able to sustain 150kw for at least half a session due to the extra cooling loop. Seems like that could be programmed pretty easily.

I'd bet Ford nerfed TF out of the charging curve for safety and real world testing. Hopefully once they have 3-4 years of charging data they will start widening and deepening the curve

sysop1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Gas
I'd love to see my max tow package be able to sustain 150kw for at least half a session due to the extra cooling loop. Seems like that could be programmed pretty easily.

I'd bet Ford nerfed TF out of the charging curve for safety and real world testing. Hopefully once they have 3-4 years of charging data they will start widening and deepening the curve
Ford can hardly do software upgrades, you think they have the capacity to create 2 different charge curves for the same battery?

Asy99

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning
OP
OP
AmandaB

AmandaB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER - Red
I charged my 23 Platinum today at a Tesla SC using the A2Z adapter and it worked well. I was able to get into a pull-through space so I didn't have the cable issue. I used the Tesla app to set up and pay for the charge. Very simple and easy!
That is awesome! Thanks for the update.

Sponsored

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass

potato

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT ER
Is there an option in the Tesla app for a fixed price subscription to lower the per kWh rate?