• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

July no NACS shipments in 4 weeks

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
Looks like ford and its partner are not hitting target of 10k adapters a month.(again)
with about 4500 June, and 0 July (?).

Yes, always the option to buy. Appears the last one shipped (not delivered, but left warehouse) was about 4 weeks ago.

@Ford Motor Company the lack of accurate communication is the key. Yes it’s free, ya’ll sent email telling May deliver 📦 - they’re still waiting, never mind the June & July expected deliveries.

I guess it’s better than being the one(several) with a broken shifter with a stop sales order, or the ones waiting on battery adhesive with no eta on availability.
Sponsored

G-Zeus

First Name
Garth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Yup I just spent the $180 for an A2Z one for trips this fall. My experience at magic dock stations was night and day with my family so no way I'm going back to EA hell.
Same. I'm in the middle of my first trip using my A2Z adapter and Tesla charging. Zero issues, 100% working, no waiting. I don't even look for EA stations anymore. Funny thing is that we had to get something at a mall while we were at our destination, and by chance I discovered on the Apple Maps that there was an EA station in the mall parking lot, it had an opening, so I did a quick top up on the charge while we shopped. That was convenient, there was space at the 4 stations, and also had no issues (which is like 50/50 with EA stations). So a pleasant surprise that EA was convenient and worked in this case. But when I'm on the road on a long trip, it will only be Tesla Superchargers for me.

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Yup I just spent the $180 for an A2Z one for trips this fall. My experience at magic dock stations was night and day with my family so no way I'm going back to EA hell.
Same. I'm in the middle of my first trip using my A2Z adapter and Tesla charging. Zero issues, 100% working, no waiting. I don't even look for EA stations anymore. Funny thing is that we had to get something at a mall while we were at our destination, and by chance I discovered on the Apple Maps that there was an EA station in the mall parking lot, it had an opening, so I did a quick top up on the charge while we shopped. That was convenient, there was space at the 4 stations, and also had no issues (which is like 50/50 with EA stations). So a pleasant surprise that EA was convenient and worked in this case. But when I'm on the road on a long trip, it will only be Tesla Superchargers for me.
Yeah, it works great. Their Stellar adapter, for Destination Chargers, also works great. And getting both you get a 20% discount instead of 10%, which is even better (dropdown menu on Typhoon Pro page, code FORDFORUM). I have both, used both many times. In fact, I just sold one of my Ford adapters.

https://a2zevshop.com/products/nacs-ccs1?ref=Typhoon&variant=43186507579592

Ventorum94

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chev Avalanche, BMW 550i, Tesla MY, Tesla M3
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I’ve logged a couple of thousand miles road-tripping on SC with my A2Z, and it works great. Only issue is arriving at a very busy SC location, with Teslas waiting in line to charge, and my needing to take up two precious spaces for Lightning charge port access. Waiting for the right-end dispenser usually solves the problem (you’ll always prefer that space if the SC station is the usual curb park rather than pull-thru). I’ve found Tesla drivers at SC to be generally tolerant and accommodating of the non-Tesla vehicle using “their” SC, no hostility.
I did use one (Magic Dock site, actually) that was 100% full of cars charging, and only got 60kW max; but usually, I get 150kW at SC.

tw2023

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 lariat
Occupation
mgr
I used my ford supplied adapter on a 1000 mile round trip a few weeks back. EA is nowhere near as reliable and the Tesla SC network is great and no reason for any range anxiety whatsoever as locations are everywhere. They really need to lengthen the charge cords though as some of the stops it barely stretched. In terms of the Tesla folks - mixed bag. Taking up 2 spots isn't optimal - One stop I had a line of people behind me taking turns asking me if I could move as I was blocking 2 spots - I just apologized but it was frustrating for me as much as it probably was for them. Next stop I had someone accuse me of soaking up all the power and causing their cars to charge slow. She told me I wasn't allowed to be there and I told her to "Call Elon". Pretty sure they get twice the charging speed so that didn't make any sense.

I will say this - return trip was zero issues as it was middle of a workday.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Zero spaces occupied.

Ford F-150 Lightning July no NACS shipments in 4 weeks PXL_20240330_185142441.MP

Hammick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
How in the world has Ford not sued Tesla yet (let alone the Feds)? Adapters delayed for months and V2 superchargers not being updated. Even if I get my adapter this Fall (which is questionable) it will do me no good traveling across SD and WY on I-90. If Ford wants to change the public perception of EVs there needs to be access to reliable DCFCs. For an interstate like I-90 to be a charging desert is inexcusable.

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
How in the world has Ford not sued Tesla yet (let alone the Feds)? Adapters delayed for months and V2 superchargers not being updated. Even if I get my adapter this Fall (which is questionable) it will do me no good traveling across SD and WY on I-90. If Ford wants to change the public perception of EVs there needs to be access to reliable DCFCs. For an interstate like I-90 to be a charging desert is inexcusable.
Sued him? He thrives on that. He'll spend years in court to win.

As to a charging desert, each state is responsible for their NEVI plans.

https://www.sdevplan.com/#:~:text=+What is the NEVI Program,charging experience for all users.

https://www.dot.state.wy.us/home/pl...ic-vehicle-infrastructure-(nevi)-program.html

detansinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red F150 Lightning Lariat Extended Battery
Tesla is the one making the adapters and hitting dates really isn't their thing. :LOL:

I'm really glad that I bought my A2Z adapter a few weeks before the superchargers opened up to Ford vehicles. It has served me very well on thousands of miles and dozens of charging stops. The engineering is convincing and just works like a champ.

detansinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red F150 Lightning Lariat Extended Battery
You don't want V2 chargers. They max out between 125 or 150kw. That output is shared with other chargers at the location, so the real world output is substantially lower if there's more than one vehicle charging. It's decade plus old EV charging technology and inadequate for modern EVs.

I'd much rather see V2s replaced with V3s. The V3s don't share output and support CCS natively.

Joe.....Montana

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Just spent the weekend in Yellowstone. Live in Billings and went over Beartooth highway and came back through Gardiner. One "high speed" 60kwh charger (in Gardiner) the whole trip...needless to say I had to wait (plugged into 6kwh charger while waiting) both times I wanted to use it...one fellow in a Rivian who traveled from Florida was fairly optimistic charging will change soon in Montana...I'm not holding my breath. And as you said, it's not just central/eastern Montana...Wyoming and SD are just as bad/worse.
Sponsored