Sponsored

Leather Steering wheel Mod on Pro - Help!

OP
OP

jallen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 F150 XLT / 2023 Ford Lightning Pro
Just cause I’m curious, you mean the hvac module?

OP, have you looked through the 14gen forum thread for the heated wheel retrofit? There is an option over there to enable the heated steering wheel via the screen and not the hvac module. I haven’t tried it yet but would be interested to see if it’s available on ours as well.
I’ll do the screen one…sounds simpler through ForScan. But, still need the module the heated steering wheel plugs into. There is currently a “dummy” connector there now that I plugged into while swapping.
Sponsored

OP
OP

jallen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

chrislittle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E, F-150 Lightning Pro
@jallen do you mind sharing the part information & how much this steering wheel ran you? I have a pro and have pondered this. I'm just not super hands on so I just wanted to get a sense of cost/part as perhaps I could ask my ford dealer to do the work for me.

Sponsored

stickyfingers

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
OP
OP

jallen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@jallen do you mind sharing the part information & how much this steering wheel ran you? I have a pro and have pondered this. I'm just not super hands on so I just wanted to get a sense of cost/part as perhaps I could ask my ford dealer to do the work for me.
Here you go!

Ford F-150 Lightning Leather Steering wheel Mod on Pro - Help! F0312133-53AF-4094-8A63-CFE7FDBF9FBB

wighty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT (SR 311A), 2023 Genesis GV60
Will do! Thanks! Just looking at my old steering wheel now and I see what you’re talking about with the switch pack and connector up in there.

You remember any hints on getting that switch pack out?

Thanks!
Hey, if you are interested in selling the buttons you swapped out I'm looking for those left buttons for an adaptive cruise control retrofit.

Reactions: s_c
OP
OP

jallen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hey, if you are interested in selling the buttons you swapped out I'm looking for those left buttons for an adaptive cruise control retrofit.
I don’t think I’d ever be interested in adaptive cruise…and can’t sell the Pro steering wheel with the wrong buttons…so they’re yours.
Message me your info.

Reactions: s_c

wighty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT (SR 311A), 2023 Genesis GV60
Looking through the gen14 thread there was mention of a rear aux 12v battery... our lightning's don't have that right?

And did you get the whole new SCCM or just the clockspring? I guess I'll take your lead and disassembly multiple times and I can figure out what parts my XLT actually has in it.

Sponsored
OP
OP

jallen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Looking through the gen14 thread there was mention of a rear aux 12v battery... our lightning's don't have that right?

And did you get the whole new SCCM or just the clockspring? I guess I'll take your lead and disassembly multiple times and I can figure out what parts my XLT actually has in it.
No, there’s only the one 12v battery in front that I know of.
I haven’t done the SCCM or anything yet. Really just wanted the leather steering wheel. Adding the heat later would just be a bonus. I’m in no rush…especially since I know how everything comes apart now!

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum - Carbonized Gray Metallic
Occupation
Derivatives
So I am researching any possible options for my 2023 Platinum Lightning in the terms of heated steering wheel. This is one of the features that was factory deleted on 2023 models at the factory and off the window sticker due to the "chip shortage" supposedly. Hopefully someone out there has already or will soon discover a mod to fix this delete item. Ironically the heated steering wheel is one of the things I really miss and would like to add.

Blochead21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 22 XLT 311pkg
Should be simple enough to do if you want to take off your steering wheel and take a look inside

grantmethepower

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
How do you remove the steering wheel? Is it really just those two parts is all you need?? I gotta do this if so! Great post!!

roddiaz1

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER Carbonized Grey
Now I’ll just wait for a while before I order parts to make the heated part work…
Jallen, are you waiting on a clock spring? What part number are you getting? I can't seem to find anyone that will honor my order. Any thoughts you might have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsored