• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Runaway Tractor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Embarrassing. First of all, IDK how the compressed installation files (or hell, even the uncompressed files) for anything on this truck is actually six freaking gigabytes. Then after six freaking gigabytes, it turns out the only thing they did was add freaking karaoke. What a 🤡 show.

At least when Tesla pushes silly stuff like this or a new farting turn signal sound, it is part of a larger update that includes actual useful functionality improvements too.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Going head to head with Tesla once again: https://shop.tesla.com/product/caraokemic
Ford isn't even in the same universe as Tesla when it comes to SW.

Who at Ford ever thought to even entertain something like Karaoke when they've taken 2 years to try to get BC updated and they are still failing.

Jim Farley is a joke and a failure.

Sponsored

flyin525

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
10.1 huh? So long 6.X.X. You were…well…I can’t think of anything good that came from 6.X.

Edit: there was a seemingly endless amount of updates for updates that never really brought any…updates

But at least that’s behind us amiright

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
To be fair, the second part of the update appears to relate to Public charging. I will check that out in the coming weeks.
The karaoke is so you can entertain yourself while waiting in line for your turn at a public charging station...

02Reaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT ER
So we ask for a simple feature such as charging info on the screens like the 24's have and they put all their hard sweat and tears into some karaoke junk that nobody will hardly ever use, if at all? What a crock of shit @Ford Motor Company

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
So we ask for a simple feature such as charging info on the screens like the 24's have and they put all their hard sweat and tears into some karaoke junk that nobody will hardly ever use, if at all? What a crock of shit @Ford Motor Company
I can imagine the meeting. "Tesla has made so many advancements in their onboard experience. For Ford to be competitive in the segment, we need feature parity. Dog mode? No, too easy... Our target demographic is "ford tough" and after a hard day on the job site they want to sing (but only while safely parked) to the newest Taylor Swift song. Take some team members off Bluecruise and let's give the people what they really want ". lol .

(Sent this to a friend last night but seems worthy posting here )

Sponsored

02Reaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT ER
I can imagine the meeting. "Tesla has made so many advancements in their onboard experience. For Ford to be competitive in the segment, we need feature parity. Dog mode? No, too easy... Our target demographic is "ford tough" and after a hard day on the job site they want to sing (but only while safely parked) to the newest Taylor Swift song. Take some team members off Bluecruise and let's give the people what they really want ". lol .

(Sent this to a friend last night but seems worthy posting here )
If they are listening like they say, I'm curious who topped the poll to want this junk? lol

Reactions: GDN

pkirby11

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
While I'm sure there are many more fixes in this release than just Karaoke, working in IT I know that patch notes don't always include the boring stuff, I will agree that this is a odd push to focus your efforts on. But then that is one reason I never loved my Tesla, didn't care fore the silly additions and enhancements.

Runaway Tractor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
While I'm sure there are many more fixes in this release than just Karaoke, working in IT I know that patch notes don't always include the boring stuff, I will agree that this is a odd push to focus your efforts on. But then that is one reason I never loved my Tesla, didn't care fore the silly additions and enhancements.
The difference is Tesla's updates included vehicle functionality improvements, bug fixes, and new functions first. Then at the end was the fun stuff going with it like new games or new farting sounds. Cybertruck aside, they never prioritized the fart sounds over needed updates/improvements.

Tesla's market is a little different too. There is a lot of love among Tesla owners for the fun stuff. New games and new farting noises are actually popular and actually used by lots of people. Especially people who are 100% supercharging and not home charging. The market for F150s is largely not looking for games and farting sounds.

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
The difference is Tesla's updates included vehicle functionality improvements, bug fixes, and new functions first. Then at the end was the fun stuff going with it like new games or new farting sounds. Cybertruck aside, they never prioritized the fart sounds over needed updates/improvements.

Tesla's market is a little different too. There is a lot of love among Tesla owners for the fun stuff. New games and new farting noises are actually popular and actually used by lots of people. Especially people who are 100% supercharging and not home charging. The market for F150s is largely not looking for games and farting sounds.
This is my fear for the T3 truck. I’m afraid Ford is going to try to make it more like a Tesla when I just want a solid truck with usable software. With all of the features Ford has removed each model year it looks like the electric truck peaked in 2022. Even the app keeps getting worse.
Sponsored