• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

my New favorite Supercharger, or Any charger..... layout.....

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
Ford F-150 Lightning my New favorite Supercharger, or Any charger.....     layout..... IMG_8730

The Supercharger layout here in Walterboro, SC(I95) makes for a very EASY parking option for ANY EV, including our big honking trucks, with their 'front left' charge Port: 2) 'outside' units to park NEXT TO and DOUBLE Units in every space, so that no matter which 'side' you are parked on, you have a unit for you... sweet. The row just BEYOND this one, is the same, except they've also added the 'perpendicular' unit, I guess for some 'weird' vehicles, or those Tesla owners who don't know how to 'back in'.... : /
Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Still doesn't prevent a non Tesla from using a charger that the Tesla would need for parking in certain spots. In fact, unless one of the end chargers were available, we wouldn't be able to charge our trucks there at all. You couldn't pull far enough forward for the cable to reach.

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
Where is the air for tires, a protective weather canopy, restrooms, trash bins, etc. that ICE vehicles have at their "charging" stations? EVs get second or worse class treatment!

They look like bowling pins ready for knockdown. No tire stops or bollards?

Last edited:

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Where is the air for tires, a protective weather canopy, restrooms, trash bins, etc. that ICE vehicles have at their "charging" stations? EVs get second or worse class treatment! They look like bowling pins ready for knockdown. No tire stops or bollards?
I could see some drunken redneck in his lifted, emotional-support Duramax taking them all out. 😂😂

EFG

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning, chevy bolt, bmw 1200rt, 23 ford t-bucke
Occupation
software developer
I used those chargers back on July 4th. Several we damaged from collisions and I charged exactly as pictured. Very nice. However, this is one of the locations where my adapter overheated and shut off several times. With the exception of one spot in the shade, the entire charging site is in the direct sun. It think it was 101 degrees that day plus the sun. A walk to Walmart in the same shopping center was pretty bad and I come from Central Florida...

BarryGoyette

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Photographer
Yeah… no. This is about the worst configuration, as you can’t pull in-between the towers. (If they had only widened the median and offset the charging posts, it would work). The double placement doesn’t really help trucks at all, (the additional posts are for the opposite row of spots, not some extra post for f-150), and experientially, that end post will always be occupied by a sole model 3, with a gamer dude and a pizza, while the rest of the spots will be empty.
Sponsored