• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

NACS to CCS adapters to ship in January

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
It's amazing that this "it's free" "no it's not" discussion is still going on...
Sponsored

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
It's amazing that this "it's free" "no it's not" discussion is still going on...
agree, it is a bit hilarious. I also understand there always new members to the party and that posting new and or re-hashing needs to be done. Not everyone is going to dig thru the archives whether we like it or not. I enjoy trying to help them.

Regarding this topic, I have made that exact same post "bringing the actual receipts" of what was said several times on this forum, yet the heresay continues to prevail.

OP
OP

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
I keep looking for that announcement that the Superchargers have opened to non-Tesla vehicles. Rational I believe that the Superchargers won’t open for at least another month but emotionally I keep hoping it’s going to happen any day. I just wish it was over already so I can get off of this emotional roller coaster.

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
I keep looking for that announcement that the Superchargers have opened to non-Tesla vehicles. Rational I believe that the Superchargers won’t open for at least another month but emotionally I keep hoping it’s going to happen any day. I just wish it was over already so I can get off of this emotional roller coaster.
They said spring 2024. It's Tesla... though unlike many on here I like Tesla and Elon, so Im not biased but I am not naive to the fact that meeting timelines is not their M.O. so expect late 2024. That is my expectation, I hope to pleasantly surprised.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
They said spring 2024. It's Tesla... though unlike many on here I like Tesla and Elon, so Im not biased but I am not naive to the fact that meeting timelines is not their M.O. so expect late 2024. That is my expectation, I hope to pleasantly surprised.
I don't disagree it could be running very late on Tesla time, I can't imagine that this adapter is much different than what is built into the Magic Dock. Plus Tesla handles most of their own manufacturing in the NY Giga Factory. I just figure there will be huge demand so they want to have 30 to 40K of them made before they order any kind of order banks. These things should be past ready to ship though.

I wonder if the hold up isn't Ford (and others) getting the SC's integrated into routing etc. They don't need it all up front though. Get me the adapter, I can do my own routing to find the SC and I'm happy to pay for it through the Tesla app vs some other integrated method.

Sponsored

lightningforum6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I think the comment below from Downs08 in an older thread settled it for me that Ford is going to charge for the Tesla adapter.

While at the EV Drive show thus Sunday in Asheville, NC, a representative from Ford was polling Ford EV owners in regard to a charging adapter for Tesla. She was asking if Ford offered an adapter, how much we would be willing to pay. She also asked if they offered a one meter extension cable for the adapter, how much we would be willing to pay.
I told her, personally I thought they should provide the adapter at no cost but if I had to pay for the adapter it shouldn’t be more than $150. I told her I would be willing to pay around $100 for an extension.

Grease Lightning

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
i think it would be great if the adapter was free if you signed up for Teslas charging subscription service. That would be nice for us, but a monthly revenue for Tesla to show their stockholders that the service is continuing to grow.

Calvin H-C

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Focus Electric 2017, F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Technical Trainer/Writer - Wayside Railway Signalling Maintenance
The question is does each manufacturer eat the cost, or pass it along to the customer.
Just a thought that wouldn't surprise me: provide the adapter for free, but have the price charged at Tesla supercharger tack on a surcharge to pay for the adapter (multiple times after the first 6-12 months of use).

jerock

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Just a thought that wouldn't surprise me: provide the adapter for free, but have the price charged at Tesla supercharger tack on a surcharge to pay for the adapter (multiple times after the first 6-12 months of use).
That surcharge would never go away. I'd rather pay up front.

RickKeen

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L SR Pro
Occupation
sw engineering manager,
33 Tesla Supercharger Sites ARE open to non-Tesla vehicles via the magicdock adapter:

https://www.tesla.com/findus?v=2&bo...5998,-114.47317904186067&zoom=6&filters=party

Sponsored
OP
OP

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
Those are just a drop in a bucket and pretty much useless. The only time I ever really used a Magic Dock charger was the CCS chargers next door were surrounded by a carnival completely cutting off access to the chargers. The Superchargers I really need access to that would cut hundreds of miles off of my regular trips I doubt will ever get Magic Docks.

Akbrian

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning 2022
They already do that at magic dock Tesla chargers. It is roughly 25% more per KW if you don’t own a Tesla and use their charger.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
I pre-ordered the A2Z adapter. Frankly, I don't trust Ford to get us adapters in a timely manner (especially if they are free...which they won't be) and the areas I travel in are CCS charging wastelands. I don't want to wait 6 months to get a Ford branded adapter when 90%+ of the DCFC charging handles in my area are Superchargers.

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
it's still going on because Ford has yet to issue a clarifying comment. " We’re going to ship an adapter to everyone who’s bought a Ford EV " the only way that statement becomes true is if it's free. if there is a price how many ship becomes a function of price.

But another thing I didn't see touched on in this thread. A2Z and Lectron have to realize that few Ford EV owners are going to shell out $200 as long as there is the chance they'll get one for free. So I would think they would be pressuring FORD to issue a clarifying comment. Also as they are about to sell units, it does point to Ford charging for them.
Sponsored