• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

New pop-up messages when starting truck

GoHawks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Lightning ER
I recently had 6.14 applied and also created a new passcode if I forget/forgot my fob or phone. I generally only use PAAK and have the fob stored in a faraday bag hidden in the truck.

Post 6.14 update, when I start the truck I receive 3 messages: 1) ‘MyKey active. Drive safely’ 2) ‘Speed limited to 80 MPH’ 3) ‘911 assist is set to off’. The first two are on the ‘gauge cluster’ and the third is on the 15” screen at the top. I have not pulled the key fob out to test if these messages go away.

Anyone else experiencing similar behavior?
Sponsored

Warren

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Carpenter
Got a weird message earlier and couldn't get the truck into gear. Looks like others are having issues, and seems update related

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I have not seen any of that, but I carry my FOB & have PAAK as a backup.

I'd suggest getting both your FOB's and bring to the truck, inspect the MYKEY settings and delete the undesired configuration, or remove & recreate a new MYKEY profile if you do want one restricted.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Check your settings, the 911 assist is an option, mines been turned off forever and has shown the corresponding message forever.

Check for a my key option too.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I recently had 6.14 applied and also created a new passcode if I forget/forgot my fob or phone. I generally only use PAAK and have the fob stored in a faraday bag hidden in the truck.

Post 6.14 update, when I start the truck I receive 3 messages: 1) ‘MyKey active. Drive safely’ 2) ‘Speed limited to 80 MPH’ 3) ‘911 assist is set to off’. The first two are on the ‘gauge cluster’ and the third is on the 15” screen at the top. I have not pulled the key fob out to test if these messages go away.

Anyone else experiencing similar behavior?
Hi there – send a message to us with your VIN and approximate mileage, I’ll look into this for you. Thanks!

Sponsored

Warren

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Carpenter
My pop up said "accessory power active" I googled it when stranded yesterday, and someone mentioned putting the shifter down, then turning the truck off. After doing that it finally started. Just did the software update today, so hopefully that helps

Nolander

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat Extended
Occupation
IT
I took two updates in the last 48 hours and the same exact crap is happening. Went to pass tonight and all of the sudden it warns me my speed is limited halfway through the pass! I almost didn’t make it. Dangerous @Ford Motor Company !!

Warren

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Carpenter
I took two updates in the last 48 hours and the same exact crap is happening. Went to pass tonight and all of the sudden it warns me my speed is limited halfway through the pass! I almost didn’t make it. Dangerous @Ford Motor Company !!
Disturbing to me that such an urgent update wasn't immediately updated. Indicator said truck couldn't be driven until update, which wasn't scheduled til Monday. I was able to manually change it to today, but am still baffled that this is acceptable.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
My pop up said "accessory power active" I googled it when stranded yesterday, and someone mentioned putting the shifter down, then turning the truck off. After doing that it finally started. Just did the software update today, so hopefully that helps
Not to be Captain Obvious but just making sure you are pressing the brake when starting. If you just push button without applying brake, the truck comes alive in Full Accessory mode. Radio starts, fan runs, etc. But you can’t drive.

Warren

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Carpenter
Foot was definitely on the brake. The pop up message was the most glaring difference. Still not sure what it indicated. Then getting home and seeing the message indicating the truck couldn't be driven until the software update.

Sponsored
First Name
RLH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEGTPE, 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Business Owner
Got a weird message earlier and couldn't get the truck into gear. Looks like others are having issues, and seems update related
I had a similar issue with my 22 Lightning. I started the truck and it would not shift out of park no matter what I did. It was 7pm, dealerships were closed and Ford Customer Service could only offer assistance with having my vehicle towed.

I sat on my phone for the next hour trying to find a “Park Release” procedure for the Lightning without success. (Note: every Ford model has a different procedure for this…no consistency).

I was at my wits end and just like having a computer issue, when all else fails, revert to the basics and reboot. I popped the Frunk, accessed and disconnected the negative 12v battery terminal, opened my drivers door, pressed the start button to ensure all energy had been drained from the 12v system, reconnected the battery and tried again. Fixed!!

Since then, I’ve found that anytime (especially after an OTA update has been received) something quirky seems to be going on, disconnecting the 12v battery has corrected the issue, so far, every time.

Warren

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Carpenter
I had a similar issue with my 22 Lightning. I started the truck and it would not shift out of park no matter what I did. It was 7pm, dealerships were closed and Ford Customer Service could only offer assistance with having my vehicle towed.

I sat on my phone for the next hour trying to find a “Park Release” procedure for the Lightning without success. (Note: every Ford model has a different procedure for this…no consistency).

I was at my wits end and just like having a computer issue, when all else fails, revert to the basics and reboot. I popped the Frunk, accessed and disconnected the negative 12v battery terminal, opened my drivers door, pressed the start button to ensure all energy had been drained from the 12v system, reconnected the battery and tried again. Fixed!!

Since then, I’ve found that anytime (especially after an OTA update has been received) something quirky seems to be going on, disconnecting the 12v battery has corrected the issue, so far, every time.
I considered disconnecting the battery, but had no tools whatsoever. I will probably put a crescent wrench in the glove box for future use

First Name
RLH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEGTPE, 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Business Owner
I considered disconnecting the battery, but had no tools whatsoever. I will probably put a crescent wrench in the glove box for future use
A 10mm wrench will be your new best friend for quick glitches or at least help with determining if it may need the eyes of a qualified tech.