Sponsored

Not the use of ProPower I expected… charging 12v battery

Ragman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightnings - SR XLT, ER XLT, ER Lariat - 2024
Sorry Ford these 12v issues are becoming a PIA - truck was sitting on charger at 100% state of charge with departure set for 8:20 - at 8:24 truck alarm goes nuts with a frunk opened message in FordPass.

Truck won’t respond to anything and gives every error under sun. Now it’s completely dead…. They should not fail this “hard”.

Stuck a 25 amp booster on it, truck goes click and hop in truck powers right up. Disconnect and cycle truck again and no issues starts fine. I did not recharge the battery in 15 seconds on charger.

Change the software…. Recharge at 50% not 30% and get rid of the 48 hour logic…

This is our third truck with 12v issues.

Ford F-150 Lightning Not the use of ProPower I expected… charging 12v battery IMG_5228

Ford F-150 Lightning Not the use of ProPower I expected… charging 12v battery IMG_5229
Sponsored

CD4TNF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning ER
Weird. I left my lights on and I got a bunch of messages on FordPass letting me know the 12V was dangerously low. I was at an event so it took me over 2 hrs to get back to the truck. Basically the truck was begging me to plug it in and let it charge up the 12V. I was very nervous because the last message on FordPass basically made it sound like the 12V was done for.

Headlights were on. Got in the truck and it started just fine. No issue. I was pleasantly surprised at the number of notifications I got warning of the 12V battery drain.

Sorry your 12V is bricking itself so suddenly. It's just so different than what I experienced.

OP
OP

Ragman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightnings - SR XLT, ER XLT, ER Lariat - 2024
I’m curious what year/build date is yours? That warning notice makes complete sense we’ve never gotten one 12v warning. This truck is 03/23 build date.

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
You are not charging that battery properly. You need to put the negative cable on a ground screw or the negative jump post. In fact, put both cables on the jump post.

What you are doing is bypassing the BMS and therefore the truck will not know the proper state of charge of the 12v battery, and will not maintain it properly.