• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
So how do I get this piece of crap updated this is getting to be a real source of frustration along with the issues getting my pro connected charger.
The string of 6.x.x updates you are missing are mostly preparatory updates for future updates. There are several reasons to believe that a newer and better version of Bluecruise is coming sooner than later for our vehicles. If that interests you and when it gets released, you can have some FOMO then. For the time being, you aren't missing out on anything nice and shiny.

To answer your question: There is a way you can update it yourself, but it requires an investment in the proper equipment to do so. Details of what is needed and the process it entails is below:

https://www.f150lightningforum.com/forum/threads/lightning-software-updates-using-fdrs.11029/
Sponsored

EvilTT

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Engineer
The string of 6.x.x updates you are missing are mostly preparatory updates for future updates. There are several reasons to believe that a newer and better version of Bluecruise is coming sooner than later for our vehicles. If that interests you and when it gets released, you can have some FOMO then. For the time being, you aren't missing out on anything nice and shiny.

To answer your question: There is a way you can update it yourself, but it requires an investment in the proper equipment to do so. Details of what is needed and the process it entails is below:

https://www.f150lightningforum.com/forum/threads/lightning-software-updates-using-fdrs.11029/
The thing. Concerned with is I'm running into lots of issues with paak maps Blue Cruise, and so on and I understand there are a lot of bug fixes in these powerups as well

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
The thing. Concerned with is I'm running into lots of issues with paak maps Blue Cruise, and so on and I understand there are a lot of bug fixes in these powerups as well
Yes, that is correct. Unfortunately, there is no way to force an update being sent to your truck. Calling Ford will not help.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
If you have verifiable problems, Ford will pay the dealer to update modules that could fix them.

EvilTT

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Engineer
If you have verifiable problems, Ford will pay the dealer to update modules that could fix them.
Only if the dealer gets off their ass to do their job.

Honestly this is a pretty stupid way Ford is doing these updates in general. There shouldn't be trucks stuck for a year on the same update while others are getting fixed and prep for new updates. But whatever Ford has screwed the pooch on just about everything else on this truck customer experience wise. Why not this too.

Love the truck itself very unhappy with Ford, sun run, and at this point my dealer. Truck has a lot of potential if Ford can resolve their issues

Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
If there are no updates queued up for your truck, then it is technically up to date and you can't force an update to be sent to your truck. You're not alone, my last update was the radio preset fix back in Oct. I just count myself as lucky that I don't have a faulty battery module and I'll get an update when Ford is good and ready.

Kenglishdc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning
Ok I'm seriously beyond frustrated. How is it the dealer says I'm fully up to date when my current powerup is in the 4.2 range and you guys are in the later 6.x range?

What should I do?

Screenshot_20231218-105455.png
I have had my truck for 2 months and have not had an update. I'm on Sync 4 version 22363. I called Ford and they said I should be getting software updates about 1x per month. They had me be sure the precondition settings include that I am connected to wi-fi, parking brake on, windows and doors shut. I was not connected to wi-fi. With wi-fi turned on I should give it a week and see if I get an update. If not, I need to take it to the dealer ;(

Not having any problems. Everything is working. Love the truck. Little concerned because my home Ford charge station pro is being installed today. Hoping for no problems sinking.

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
Ford has some kind of mysterious que for updates. I was upgraded to 4.22 only a month ago. no one has a clue when or by what method updates are applied. Mine was built in Feb 23

lakeguy55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat, 2011 F-150, 98 Expedition
I've had my truck since early July. Never had an update yet. Went for service today and dealer verified that I have no pending updates available (and yes, I trust my dealer on this).

For a while I stressed about not getting updates, especially as a systems engineer who always wants beta or the latest and greatest. But then I realized that the truck is working just fine for my needs and the last thing I need is issues introduced by changed software. I'm fine waiting until Ford decides there's a good reason for my truck to get updates.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Being angry won't make it happen any faster.
That only shows you have never been angry enough. You gotta start practicing early.

Ford F-150 Lightning Power-Up 4.2.1.2 - Addresses modem issue 1703100779997

Then you can grow up to be Mad to the Maxx with conviction.

Ford F-150 Lightning Power-Up 4.2.1.2 - Addresses modem issue 1703100958244

Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
I've had my truck since early July. Never had an update yet. Went for service today and dealer verified that I have no pending updates available (and yes, I trust my dealer on this).

For a while I stressed about not getting updates, especially as a systems engineer who always wants beta or the latest and greatest. But then I realized that the truck is working just fine for my needs and the last thing I need is issues introduced by changed software. I'm fine waiting until Ford decides there's a good reason for my truck to get updates.

I am behind on a lot of them. I like my SOC display without the number and glad didn't get that update. And frankly if some of these updates are going to blow up something, I am glad Ford is not updating everyone at the same time and I am in back of the line.

MontanaLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning
@EvilTT you can borrow the Mongoose from @rugedraw if you ask nicely. A two day FDRS license is $50 and the recommended power supply on Amazon is $80. Get'r done!

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
@EvilTT you can borrow the Mongoose from @rugedraw if you ask nicely. A two day FDRS license is $50 and the recommended power supply on Amazon is $80. Get'r done!
I just PM'd you. I may have to mail it out tomorrow; tied up at work.

For the record: Anyone can borrow it if you're willing to wait your turn. I have two of them I loan out for zero profit. Details are here:

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...mming-vehicle-interface-lending-thread.13145/

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
bump

STXLariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Tundra
Just received this update today. This came about 10 days after 4.2.1.1. My 2nd update received since picking up truck in July.
Sponsored