• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Powertrain Malfunction/ Reduced Power

smaster553

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 2021 CA Route 1 Space White, F150 Lightning
I hope you get your truck back soon.

I was never reimbursed for my rental. I think it all depends on who gets your case with the BEV team. She had me send receipts then disappeared. Completely non responsive and I gave up. @Ford Motor Company needs a standard policy on this.
You have to fight for the rental reimbursement. With the new Ford warranty you have with the truck you are eligible for $60 /day of rental reimbursement. This is baloney and do not take NO for an answer. Get to BBB and complain.

@Ford Motor Company I like my truck also, and mine is in the shop for 31 days and counting. This is so wrong that you cannot fix my truck and keep me in a renatal. The dreaded battery module has to be replaced. How can I trust this truck after 3yrs warranty expires. So wrong on your part.
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
How can I trust this truck after 3yrs warranty expires. So wrong on your part.
8 years on electric veh comp's, 5 years on the powertrain, 3 is for everything else, buy an extended warranty like many long hold buyers have done.

T-Bone

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro
What has been the average time at the dealer with this issue, I am about to wrap up week four with no new information. Dealer tells me the part is a couple days out, Ford tells me the part is on a regular shipment (no idea what that means), the BEV that reached out to me back in February about this issue, (with no result with I'll admit I gave up because it wasn't getting anywhere back then) hasn't responded. Just starting to get very impatient.
This is scary, a month out for a warranty repair. I hope they rented you a truck or at least a car

T-Bone

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro
I made it just over 5,000 miles, trouble free until a couple days ago. My 2023 Ford Lightning Pro broke down. Now in the shop (Healey Ford in NY). High Voltage Battery Warning. The dealer called the next day and said a battery module needs to be replaced and it's a week out. I was hoping it would be a quick fix, I'm used to Fords always throwing lights and codes. My Edge and F350 throw a code at least every couple of months (EVAP, WIF, TPMS, EGT sensor). I could keep driving them, not so lucky with the lightning. So far the dealership is doing the best they can. They were able to give me courtesy vehicle after initially thinking none were available.
Dealer told you a week for the battery module, a week has come and gone, did you get it back yet?

Quarter2heavy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
This is scary, a month out for a warranty repair. I hope they rented you a truck or at least a car
Been driving a F150 xlt sport for the past month, but finally got an update. They finally got the part yesterday. So apparently Ford no longer sends just the modules for the 23H01 issue. Its a complete battery assembly replacement. No wonder it is back ordered. They also swapped me back into a lightning as the dealer plate was about to expire. At this point I realistically about 4 to 7 business days away from getting my truck back.

Sponsored

Quarter2heavy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Update, on the situation. Had to go to dealer yesterday as the plate for loaner was about to expire. When I got there they were unloading my parts from the truck. So apparently the reason for the back order for 23H01 modules, is Ford does not just send the modules. It's the complete battery assembly. I now have an ETA of 4 to 7 business days till truck is done.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Update, on the situation. Had to go to dealer yesterday as the plate for loaner was about to expire. When I got there they were unloading my parts from the truck. So apparently the reason for the back order for 23H01 modules, is Ford does not just send the modules. It's the complete battery assembly. I now have an ETA of 4 to 7 business days till truck is done.
That would a divergence of procedure up to this point, many other folks were getting only modules, maybe there are enough defective modules in your pack to justify a complete swap, or they are just saving the dealers time by send complete units out and then having the pack assembly plant do the refreshment & repairs?????

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
So apparently the reason for the back order for 23H01 modules, is Ford does not just send the modules. It's the complete battery assembly.
That is not correct, it is only a module. There MIGHT have been a reason to set an entire pack but very unlikely. You said you saw them unloading parts, how big were the crates?

Quarter2heavy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm only relaying what I am told by the dealer. They claim it is part of the 23H01 bulletin. But then again I haven't had the best of luck with communications with ford or the dealer. The create I saw was shy of the length of truck, also had the fire/battery stickers all over it.

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prev: 2000 SVT Lightning; Now: 2022 BEV Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
My 2022 Platinum with 3064 miles has been parked at the same spot at the dealership since I delivered it for my scheduled service 3 weeks ago. The BEV team made an appointment 5 weeks in advance, and the battery module was delivered in 3 weeks. The dealer (a large one) has one EV Tech. The Lightning ahead of mine for battery module replacement had some sort of "calibration" issue with the battery, and the dealer did not have a piece of equipment they needed. Hopefully, mine goes into the shop next week. I do have an XLT ICE loaner, which I requested during my first discussion with the BEV team.

Sponsored

YankeeCP

First Name
CP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat SR Lightning
My 2022 Platinum with 3064 miles has been parked at the same spot at the dealership since I delivered it for my scheduled service 3 weeks ago. The BEV team made an appointment 5 weeks in advance, and the battery module was delivered in 3 weeks. The dealer (a large one) has one EV Tech. The Lightning ahead of mine for battery module replacement had some sort of "calibration" issue with the battery, and the dealer did not have a piece of equipment they needed. Hopefully, mine goes into the shop next week. I do have an XLT ICE loaner, which I requested during my first discussion with the BEV team.
Similar experience- mine has been at the dealer untouched since 7/31. Module arrived on 8/14 and now I’ve been told it won’t been touched for 2 weeks as the only certified technician is going on vacation for 2 weeks.

jd350b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F350 Lariat 6.7L, 2018 Ford Edge Platinum
Dealer told you a week for the battery module, a week has come and gone, did you get it back yet?
No update, I have not heard back from the dealer.

irpete

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Similar situation. Mine has been at the dealership untouched for 45 days now. My original appointment was July 5. It’s been one excuse after another. Was told they only have one EV tech and 10 days ago was told they have all the parts and were just waiting on a lift. Now I’m hearing from another dealership that the one who has my truck isn’t EV certified ( even though they told me they were when I scheduled the appointment) and that they often send their EVs over to them for service. I’m beginning to believe that’s why it’s taking so long. I could move my truck over but would lose the loaner and have to get in the back of the line.

I did start the buyback process on Monday and at this point I think I just want to get my money back and find (or order) something new.

jd350b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F350 Lariat 6.7L, 2018 Ford Edge Platinum
Similar experience- mine has been at the dealer untouched since 7/31. Module arrived on 8/14 and now I’ve been told it won’t been touched for 2 weeks as the only certified technician is going on vacation for 2 weeks.
I have a feeling I'll be in the same boat. It's over a week and no word from the dealer. My app still shows the HV battery warning and the same charge when I dropped it off.
After this experience. I think when I get it back, there is no more trying to protect the battery, meaning charging to only 90% and limiting the charge cycles. I'm charging to 100% and plugging it in after every trip, whether it was 10 miles or 100. I have no faith in the longevity of the battery and believe these early trucks will be outdated well before the battery service life becomes an issue.
The Silverado is expected to have a 450 mile range and can except DC Fast Charge Rate of 350 kilowatts. Add 100 miles in 10 minutes. Ford will certainly come out with something similar. So why bother trying to protect the battery on my current Pro SR.

Phineas Magliozzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT, optionless.
Add me to the list. 2023 XLT SR with 11k miles. Dec 22 blend date, January delivery. Just read through the entire thread, there's obviously a selection bias happening here but nonetheless it's hard not to be pessimistic about this issue. I have an appt with the dealer - first ever for any car in my entire life - on Friday for the 10k service, will call them in the morning to see if I can get it moved up.

Edited to tag @Ford Motor Company, did I do it correctly?

Ford F-150 Lightning Powertrain Malfunction/ Reduced Power IMG_7726
Sponsored