• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Priority Update-23-PU1113-UNX-DC [Connectivity]

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
If this release is an EAP (early Access Program) test deployment, the thread will close and be deleted ...soon....

I'd love to hear that it's not, anyone else not in the program seeing this staged?
If the working theory about this update is correct, it's not an EA related update.
Sponsored

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
If this release is an EAP (early Access Program) test deployment, the thread will close and be deleted ...soon....

I'd love to hear that it's not, anyone else not in the program seeing this staged?
e-‘mailed the usual source when it showed up on FDRS and he didn’t have any details to share , so I doubt it’s EA.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Looking forward to more regular driver reports, carry on!!

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
What I can say with certainty at this point is that the only thing this changed is certain as-built data within the TCU. There was a bad config going around causing connectivity issues. Anyone that did a master reset trying to fix the issue would inadvertently make their vehicle excommunicado from the mothership. This would explain why wifi is required for the first time in an OTA, since the affected vehicles are not able to talk to the server.

This update is to fix a problem; not a precursor for something new.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
What I can say for certainty at this point is that the only thing this changed is certain as-built data within the TCU. There was a bad config going around causing connectivity issues. Anyone that did a master reset trying to fix the issue would inadvertently make their vehicle excommunicado from the mothership. This would explain why wifi is required for the first time in an OTA, since the affected vehicles are not able to talk to the server.

This update is to fix a problem; not a precursor for something new.
Highly support this theory, "Priority Updates" are to fix critical & urgent issues, not usually affecting everyone, so we might not see many folks receive this as it's N/A to most of us.

Sponsored
OP
OP

tnugentfl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 lightning lariat ext range
It looks like he wasn't if his screenshot is correct, but I'll let him confirm.
1707949394725.png

No
1707949417798.png
icon

Just:
1707949524346.png

1707949541142.png

1707949560912.png

I had been home and connected to WiFi, then drove to Home Depot and when I put the truck in park the "installed successfully" message came up.

I haven't had any communication issues with the truck but enjoy getting an OTA nonetheless, lol.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
I had been home and connected to WiFi, then drove to Home Depot and when I put the truck in park the "installed successfully" message came up.

I haven't had any communication issues with the truck but enjoy getting an OTA nonetheless, lol.
This is enough verification for me that the theory about this update is correct.

Btw: I take no credit for the info I provided. The info was given to me when I asked him to look into this update to see if he could figure out what it was for.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
Yes-- That's me from yesterday.. Second time was because FDRS didn't remove it... The prompt about "uploading to database" showed up on the screen as I did it. .. Maybe when @Mike G runs the update on his, he can record it?
Mine took 3 minutes....but I did have to hit the "Re-scan Network" button to get the OBCC to clear off the list.
Ford F-150 Lightning Priority Update-23-PU1113-UNX-DC [Connectivity] 14-Feb-History_OBCC

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
Highly support this theory, "Priority Updates" are to fix critical & urgent issues, not usually affecting everyone, so we might not see many folks receive this as it's N/A to most of us.
Especially if their Wi-Fi button is set to "Off" because it's normally not needed for anything.

Arrington.LCA

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I’ve got the same update but slightly different wording. Like it’s still trying/waiting to download. Picture is while I was out, but been connected to home WiFi the last two nights and no completion.
Ford F-150 Lightning Priority Update-23-PU1113-UNX-DC [Connectivity] IMG_3607

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
I’ve got the same update but slightly different wording. Like it’s still trying/waiting to download. Picture is while I was out, but been connected to home WiFi the last two nights and no completion.
Mind sharing your VIN so I can see if this one shows any more details? PM is fine.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
@Arrington.LCA

Every thing that has happened since the OTA trigger up until now is normal. The status of the OTA now reads "Update VIL Generation". I have no idea what that is. After the interrogator log gets posted, the manifest comes next. This OTA is for sure different than others. It excites the nerd in me. 🤣 Have you started the truck in the past two days?

Ford F-150 Lightning Priority Update-23-PU1113-UNX-DC [Connectivity] 1708199171769

Edit: I was just told VIL is "vehicle interrogator log". So far, this is going the same way all other OTA's go.

Arrington.LCA

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Yeah, I’ve driven it each of the last two days to and from work (20-25 minutes each way). No change in status.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
OTA dashboard is not working now. I'll check it again tomorrow to see if the OTA has progressed at all.