• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
@Slick68 - Please check and share your new Sync version with us.

It is definitely a big download. I'm at home, but had turned my Wifi off. Mine is downloading on ATT. I'm tempted to turn Wifi back on to see if it would switch over and be faster, but I will not push my luck :)
Sync 1076

Wi-Fi not required.
Sponsored

Reactions: GDN

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
@F150ROD PTS shows the first update went through successfully for you, too.
Thank you! Went through and installed while I was at Lowe’s. 360 Camera is still neutered though, waiting in ForScan Cable.

CarPlay is quicker for sure

artificial_airspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning | Lariat SR
1st OTA update I’ve seen since February 2024. FINALLY! I’m glad it’s for the APIM as well because this UX/UI is a turd.

Ford F-150 Lightning Software Update 6.14.0 - Sync Update Ver 23306 Revision: 1076 IMG_3395

Reactions: GDN

Sponsored
OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I updated the name of the thread a bit - it's been almost a year ago now I discovered Ford was changing the names of the SW Updates and it was confirmed by some knowledgable folks. So for now I've just included the Sync version numbers to go with the SW update number. Inside Ford I believe they are still using the PowerUp or other naming scheme, but it is no longer included on the release notes.

Sadly it also shows the Julian date of the release 23306 - I think that would have been November 2, 2023. Only 10 months to get this rolled out to us.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I updated the name of the thread a bit - it's been almost a year ago now I discovered Ford was changing the names of the SW Updates and it was confirmed by some knowledgable folks. So for now I've just included the Sync version numbers to go with the SW update number. Inside Ford I believe they are still using the PowerUp or other naming scheme, but it is no longer included on the release notes.

Sadly it also shows the Julian date of the release 23306 - I think that would have been November 2, 2023. Only 10 months to get this rolled out to us.
Also, Ford updates this PDF when they release new versions of SYNC:

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/ford_content/pdf/tsb/SYNC4LatestLevelSummary.pdf

OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Updated list of Updates. Collected over time, reviewed and some missing information filled in by @bmwhitetx

Ford F-150 Lightning Software Update 6.14.0 - Sync Update Ver 23306 Revision: 1076 1725048647088-50

OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Thank you! Went through and installed while I was at Lowe’s. 360 Camera is still neutered though, waiting in ForScan Cable.

CarPlay is quicker for sure
Are you using wireless CarPlay? I've turned that off and only use wired, but wired connectivity is also notably faster. If wireless is improved, I may have to try it again.

Slick68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rapid Red Lightning, 68 Mustang, 17 Road Glide
@Slick68 - Please check and share your new Sync version with us.

It is definitely a big download. I'm at home, but had turned my Wifi off. Mine is downloading on ATT. I'm tempted to turn Wifi back on to see if it would switch over and be faster, but I will not push my luck :)
SYNC 4 Software Version: 23306_PRODUCT
Revision: 1076

Sponsored

maverick129

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Expedition
Got it too. I’m excited that atleast we have the interface/look of the 2024s.

BSull

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvette, F150 Lighnting, Mercedes GLC300
Occupation
retired
6.14 is downloading. Some decent notes.

IMG_7049.jpeg
IMG_7050.jpeg
IMG_7051.jpeg
Got this today, 6.14.0, new icons in the upper left, AM selection on radio page (this does not work at least for me). Charger search works pretty good, haven't had time to see if status is correct or not. I have not checked all the changes yet.

Does anyone else think the new icons look like somebody drew them with a magic marker? :)

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Started the truck in garage after lunch and sure enough it began downloading. Let it run for 20-30 minutes and shut off. Before I shut it off, it said still downloading. Couple hours later, I left for an appointment and after backing out of garage new icons appeared. About Sync shows 23306 / 1076. Updates screen shows successfully installed.

Looks like a good amount downloaded over WiFi. Here is the truck's WiFi usage for the week. Almost 2GB today:
Ford F-150 Lightning Software Update 6.14.0 - Sync Update Ver 23306 Revision: 1076 1725052126367-hv

And now that the cat's out of the bag, has anyone gotten this update OTA and are NOT in the Early Access Program? The reason I ask is I just got an EA survey. I'm thinking the survey is EA but not the OTA 🤷‍♂️.

OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Started the truck in garage after lunch and sure enough it began downloading. Let it run for 20-30 minutes and shut off. Before I shut it off, it said still downloading. Couple hours later, I left for an appointment and after backing out of garage new icons appeared. About Sync shows 23306 / 1076. Updates screen shows successfully installed.

Looks like a good amount downloaded over WiFi. Here is the truck's WiFi usage for the week. Almost 2GB today:
1725052126367-hv.png

And now that the cat's out of the bag, has anyone gotten this update OTA and are NOT in the Early Access Program? The reason I ask is I just got an EA survey. I'm thinking the survey is EA but not the OTA 🤷‍♂️.
It was noted elsewhere this could be EAP, but I was provided nothing saying so, nor that it should not be discussed, and our MME brothers have had it for a long while. I don't think Ford understands EAP anyway - early testing, new features that are not released generally, etc. This should be one of the most tested and reviewed pieces of software. It is a full 10 months old per the Julian date 23306.
Sponsored