Sponsored

Spilled 3L of water inside truck - where'd it go?

rio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Chevy Volt, 2023 F150 Lightning Pro
Maybe dumb question... but it's a Monday.

Two nights ago I packed the truck for an early morning mountain bike outing. Filled up my hydration pack with 3L of water and placed it on the passenger seat. The next morning (yesterday) I found that the valve was pinched and the entire pack emptied. I saw a couple small puddles on the weather mats (not that much - less than a liter). Didn't see any water on the garage floor. Removed weather mats and didn't see any more water. Where did it all go?

I assume there is drainage built into the F150 interior floor? I'm guessing/hoping that it did all drain and the garage floor simply dried up overnight. I was a bit mystified! Any chance some of this water got into undesirable places?
Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
At a minimum, I would check to make sure it isn't absorbed into the passenger seat cushion.

Reactions: rio

RickKeen

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L SR Pro
Occupation
sw engineering manager,
Probably not drained. Most likely soaked into the cushions as mentioned.

Would be a bad design if the rubber floor if the Pro doesn't drain itself well. That is kind of the whole point of the rubber floor to not worry about how much mud and slush get tracked into the truck - should be able to just wipe it out and not worry about any wet soaking in.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
There's no drainage built into the floor. It's in there somewhere, or it evaporated. Or a combination of both.

OP
OP

rio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks guys! I'll inspect the seat cushions.

Sponsored

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit
I'm sure you'll find it sitting on the metal under the flooring/padding. just slowly getting into every electrical connection lol

OP
OP

rio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm sure you'll find it sitting on the metal under the flooring/padding. just slowly getting into every electrical connection lol
Thanks. Laugh it up!

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
You might want to use the AC & Heating system in the truck to dehumidify whatever isn't sopped up once you find it in the lower floor, cable runners, seat, etc

Last edited:

Revenge

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR, 2011 Flex
Check under the door seal where all the wires are run. Other people have mentioned water leaking into the cabin and accumulating there.

OP
OP

rio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Check under the door seal where all the wires are run. Other people have mentioned water leaking into the cabin and accumulating there.
Thanks. I checked under the door seal trim and got to feel that the cloth liner under the vinyl floor is very damp. It's not saturated and there's no water pooling in the cable runner, but definitely very damp. I'm not sure how to expose it in order to dehumidify it. Peeling back the vinyl floor seems like would be a big pain.
Sponsored