Sponsored

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
So have they been stockpiling new adapters in preparation to make people right?

Maybe they weren't sure how many so they set aside all of them.....so there will now be one for me next week. :)

Ish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜23 Lariat ER
So far, no one date code is standing out as the only defective date.
Here are reported recalled serial numbers that can be tied to a specific adapter:

@GDN (post 98) 24144 - May 23.
@NAVEWO (post 105) 24145 - May 24
@bmwhitetx (post 101) 24148 - May 27.
@Daveo (post 106) 24152 - May 31

I'll offer to keep track if you post your date code and whether you got the recall email.
See this post on where to find date code.
I got the email

24125 - the 4th was not with Tesla this year

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
Welp. I bought one from someone on eBay because I need it next weekend. I called Ford and the EV team says they do not have access to a range of bad serial numbers. I told them about my case, and the nice person stated that since there is no way for them to tell from the serial number, they cannot advise. Their very helpful advice was:

ā€œIf your vehicleā€™s charging port is damaged by the adapter, you would need to take it to an authorized Ford dealer where they can make a determination on warranty eligibility.ā€

I guess the good news is that the consensus is that it appears to be a range of dates in late May, and mine was built on August 17th, and has the -20-D part number.

Thanks to everyone here who has helped sleuth the bad dates!
Yours is fine.

Bad batch is ā€œ-00-Dā€

MotoGary

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT Carbonized Gray, 2022 Mach-E
Look for Part (P) 1434343-00-Dā€¦.regardless of the serial number. Thatā€™s the batch thatā€™s being replaced according to my discussion with the BEV team this afternoon.
I noticed on a Rivian forum that some were sent that same part number, but no recall for them. No idea what that means. Just found it curious.
Sponsored