• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Tesla not appearing in charger list/no plug-n-charge

Squeeps

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
USMC
I have searched and not found this particular situation covered.

2023 Pro. As the title states, Tesla chargers are appearing in my FordPass app but not in the in dash nav charger list (so no preconditioning). Beyond this, once there the plug-n-charge feature is not working. I have it enabled in the app and have successfully used it at EA chargers. Once plugged into a supercharger I get the red ring and "charge station fault". I am able to initiate a charge just fine through the Tesla app from there. Using a Lectron NACS fast charge adapter if that's relevant.

Wondering if these issues are potentially related? Any suggestions appreciated.
Sponsored

flyct

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-450 & F-250 Lightning & Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Blissfully Retired

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
The vehicle requires OTA 24-PU0119-DC-CHG4 to be able to use P&C at Tesla. You can post your VIN in the VIN lookup thread and someone will let you know if you got that update.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
yes, it must be something with an update, since my '22 PRO has been using it's LECTRON Supercharger adapter SUCCESSFULLY many, many, many times in the last several months - ALL just by plugging in: I don't even have the Tesla APP.

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
I have had trouble with Tesla Superchargers showing up in Navigation but they show up just fine using Charge Assistant. Plug-n-Charge also works just fine.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I have had trouble with Tesla Superchargers showing up in Navigation but they show up just fine using Charge Assistant. Plug-n-Charge also works just fine.
We ALL need to use the [Charge Assist] app in sync to locate and push the location into Ford Navigation, from there I built the rest of my itenery for a road trip last Friday, worked perfectly, Ford Nav guided me directly to a Tesla station which was compatible and required I have my NACS to CCS adapter, once that leg of the trip was done Ford Nav guided me to the final destination point.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Tesla SuperChargers don't show in Navigation for anyone. You can do the workaround that @TaxmanHog offers.

OP
OP
Squeeps

Squeeps

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
USMC
We ALL need to use the [Charge Assist] app in sync to locate and push the location into Ford Navigation, from there I built the rest of my itenery for a road trip last Friday, worked perfectly, Ford Nav guided me directly to a Tesla station which was compatible and required I have my NACS to CCS adapter, once that leg of the trip was done Ford Nav guided me to the final destination point.
Does this workaround properly precondition the battery? My previous understanding was that navigating to a charger is not enough, it must be selected from the chargers drop down menu.

duncanmaio

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat Atlas Blue
I have searched and not found this particular situation covered.

2023 Pro. As the title states, Tesla chargers are appearing in my FordPass app but not in the in dash nav charger list (so no preconditioning). Beyond this, once there the plug-n-charge feature is not working. I have it enabled in the app and have successfully used it at EA chargers. Once plugged into a supercharger I get the red ring and "charge station fault". I am able to initiate a charge just fine through the Tesla app from there. Using a Lectron NACS fast charge adapter if that's relevant.

Wondering if these issues are potentially related? Any suggestions appreciated.
I had the same issue. What worked for me was to cancel Blue Oval Network membership and then re-enroll. After that it has worked flawlessly.

Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Does this workaround properly precondition the battery? My previous understanding was that navigating to a charger is not enough, it must be selected from the chargers drop down menu.
The only way to precondition enroute to a Tesla station is to set the nav destination to a nearby non-Tesla charger. If there is one.

kstype

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Senior Systems Engineer
I was also going to mention charge assist…hopefully they will find their way to the native navigation and route planning soon.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Correct, unless you can select from the Nav menu, it won't start the preconditioning. @Maquis's suggestion is one I have used. I also recently discovered that switching to Sport mode will condition the battery and can be used as a pseudo-precondition button. I tested this when it was over 100F last week. Left work and drove for 10-15 min and the battery temp meter stayed to the right of middle. I switch to sport mode and after about 20 min the temp was pegged in the middle.

Nolander

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat Extended
Occupation
IT
My vehicle does not appear to have a “Charge Assist” app. How does one get this?

Scorpio3d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner
My vehicle does not appear to have a “Charge Assist” app. How does one get this?
If it is not on your SYNC screen home page, then it probably comes in an update?
Sponsored