• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Three weeks and counting at the dealer

MJDore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Finance
My 2023 Lariat ER has been flawless since taking delivery in Jan 23. I've been waiting out the recalls and the customer satisfaction programs as I figured it would be a hassle and I've had no trouble with the taillight bar, etc. Biggest issue has been not getting the software updates in a timely manner and, honestly, really just wanted a minor warranty item covered and to get my heated steering wheel.

I'm at 3 weeks now at the dealer and being told "waiting on parts" and/or "waiting on Ford for your warranty item." I suspect the truth is the dealer really doesn't want to deal with the Lightning. The only way I get communication is to literally drive to the dealership and corner the SA. Otherwise, it's constant crickets. Fortunately for me, I have another vehicle but it's completely unacceptable. @Ford Motor Company has a real issue here. You want to offer vehicles at a premium price point you have to offer service that matches that. It's unacceptable and really spoiling what has been an otherwise pleasant experience with the truck.

Rant over.
Sponsored

COrocket

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Is the truck drivable? I’d go get it back and have them reschedule the service when all the parts come in. That’s what I had to do in order to get my recall work completed

OP
OP
MJDore

MJDore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Finance
I don't have a straight answer on that but I suspect I could take it home. I have another car so it's really more of a warning for anyone considering finally getting the recalls and CSPs performed, and a shot at Ford for treatment of a customer in a product segment that they are struggling with but want to grow. That's more my point. Remember when we all got this email in NOVEMBER of last year? And yet here we are with dealers completely useless 8 months later.

I've owned several German cars at these price points and the SAs understand the level of service expected. They don't always get it right, but they know the customer. These dealerships see us as a bother and it's a real problem for @Ford Motor Company

Ford F-150 Lightning Three weeks and counting at the dealer ford

John Becker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Light'g Lariat SR, '18 Audi S5 Cabriolet
My 2023 Lariat SR has been bricked and at the dealership since May 27, 2024. They told me they have all the parts, but the mechanic is still trying to figure out where to stick them :).
Okay, that wasn't a direct quote. But it was my takeaway from our last conversation.
The quote was something like, "We've never had a Lightning in the shop before. The technician has been to EV training school and is taking his time to make sure the job is done right."
I'm wondering if they've created a training school around my truck. Regardless, It's been three full weeks now.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
The quote was something like, "We've never had a Lightning in the shop before. The technician has been to EV training school and is taking his time to make sure the job is done right."
I'm wondering if they've created a training school around my truck. Regardless, It's been three full weeks now.
MAYBE, @Ford Motor Company could send the regional service rep with a crew of trainees and they could whip this out in a minute....................

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
My 2023 Lariat ER has been flawless since taking delivery in Jan 23. I've been waiting out the recalls and the customer satisfaction programs as I figured it would be a hassle and I've had no trouble with the taillight bar, etc. Biggest issue has been not getting the software updates in a timely manner and, honestly, really just wanted a minor warranty item covered and to get my heated steering wheel.

I'm at 3 weeks now at the dealer and being told "waiting on parts" and/or "waiting on Ford for your warranty item." I suspect the truth is the dealer really doesn't want to deal with the Lightning. The only way I get communication is to literally drive to the dealership and corner the SA. Otherwise, it's constant crickets. Fortunately for me, I have another vehicle but it's completely unacceptable. @Ford Motor Company has a real issue here. You want to offer vehicles at a premium price point you have to offer service that matches that. It's unacceptable and really spoiling what has been an otherwise pleasant experience with the truck.

Rant over.
Good morning. Would you please send over a private message with your VIN and dealer info so I can look into this concern with your Lightning?

Danface

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT
Dam, you're in SE Michigan too, have them drive over and get the parts in Detroit!

Harman023

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
retired HVAC mechanic
I traded in my 21 Powerboost on a used 23 Platinum. I asked if all recalls were done before selling the truck. They ordered the brake light and called me one week later to set up an appointment. Monday morning at 7:30 I dropped off my truck and was given a 2024 5.0 F150 for a loaner. I received a phone call at 11:30 to pick up my truck. New lightbar, heated steering wheel and all software updates except the sticking charger handle. I am very pleased with the service and will stick with this dealer. Duval Ford in Jacksonville Fl.

Vcrpromo

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 ford lightening
Occupation
Retired
My 2023 Lariat SR has been bricked and at the dealership since May 27, 2024. They told me they have all the parts, but the mechanic is still trying to figure out where to stick them :).
Okay, that wasn't a direct quote. But it was my takeaway from our last conversation.
Did they give you a loaner while you wait?

Sponsored

Webbo85

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2002 Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Mech Engineer
Unfortunately it seems to be really hit or miss with the dealerships. I've had good experiences so far owning the truck for a year and a half. Some hiccups with getting some of the warranty things repaired, but simply because they hadn't had many Lightnings to work on. But then you read the horror stories on here it can be pretty frightning and frustrating. Hopefully you get the truck back soon.

Warren

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Carpenter
I don't think my Ford dealer has any clue on how to service an EV. My travel charger stopped working mid January, and has yet to be fixed or replaced. Yesterday was the first time that any of my calls had been returned.

They claim they got the part from Ford, so my wife is picking it up today. Will believe it when I see it finally working. Truck has been incredible, but the service is causing me major frustration.
Sponsored