• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Update 6.8 update problem

Etsquared

First Name
ET
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning
Occupation
Retired
Was having the same problem for two weeks. I tried charging to 100% after charging 90% for several months. The 6.8 update went right through to completion. Don't know if that was a coincidence.
I did the same thing. Coincidentally I believe the $10 a month to Ford Connect was helps those downloads and updates process seamlessly and securely or I am just rationalizing $120 a year
Sponsored

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
I did the same thing. Coincidentally I believe the $10 a month to Ford Connect was helps those downloads and updates process seamlessly and securely or I am just rationalizing $120 a year
Rationalizing. The truck connects to Ford without Ford Connect making the hotspot available to you. It uses the same cellular modem. The remote start and lock/unlock in the app depend on it.

Howard_Scott_Warshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, rapid red
The BMS recall fixes the issue. There's a less than zero chance that even if you manually charge the LVB to the top, the update will still fail because the module is not reporting the charge level correctly.

sicamoose

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning
Occupation
Self employed
I have been trying to update mine for several weeks now. Newbie here - what does LVB stand for?

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
I have been trying to update mine for several weeks now. Newbie here - what does LVB stand for?
Low Voltage Battery. It’s the small 12V battery behind the door at the back of the frunk, just like the battery on a gas vehicle.

Sponsored

sicamoose

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning
Occupation
Self employed
Low Voltage Battery. It’s the small 12V battery behind the door at the back of the frunk, just like the battery on a gas vehicle.
cool, thanks! I too am affected by this issue...so, from reading some forum threads, it seems, MAYBE, if I charge my 12v battery, it may help with this update? I have had a few low voltage warnings this winter...

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
cool, thanks! I too am affected by this issue...so, from reading some forum threads, it seems, MAYBE, if I charge my 12v battery, it may help with this update? I have had a few low voltage warnings this winter...
Yes, it is imperative for the LVB to be charged up for this type of update. By "this type", I mean an update that requires the vehicle to be parked and inhibited while it installs.

sicamoose

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning
Occupation
Self employed
So, got in the truck this morning and noticed all the saved radio station presets were changed! And you know what that means! Update successful, and I did nothing different (ie charging the 12v battery, etc). Kinda spooky... The day after I post here, it works!?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

Sponsored

Tommy Holt

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning ER Lariat
Many tries, many fails. Took mine to the dealer this morning to fix and update. I’ve already had all the aforementioned updates. Fingers crossed.

2sleep

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat Antimatter Blue, 2008 Prius
Occupation
Retired
Is there a way to see all the updates that have actually gone through to completion verses those that have been attempted?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Is there a way to see all the updates that have actually gone through to completion verses those that have been attempted?
No

2sleep

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat Antimatter Blue, 2008 Prius
Occupation
Retired
shame, I kinda thought that would be the case.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
PTS will show OTA history, but I would need your VIN to get it for you. You can PM me if your prefer to not post it publicly.
Sponsored