• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Wireless CarPlay intermittently has no sound

Mmiketa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER
I've been having it happen more often. I typically just toggle carplay on/off in the car's menu.
Sponsored

MM in SouthTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
This happens to me occasionally. One thing you can try when you have no audio on a call is hitting the Audio button on your iPhone. A list of speaker sources pops up:

iPhone
Speaker
CarPlay (or something like that--not looking at it right now)

When I can't hear someone on a call I find that it is set to iPhone. Choose CarPlay.

That has corrected the problem it for me when it happens. There's also a way to access the output source while trying to play music but I'm not sure what the steps are. Basically, the iPhone is not putting out to CarPlay, but instead to its tiny speaker that you listen to when it is up to your ear. Change that and you fix the problem.

Not sure how to keep if from happening, but this is a fix that might work for you.

adoublee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 EVs
This happens to me regularly (more regularly recently) and it is the biggest pain point with the vehicle - and a big pain point. CarPlay will be connected and running but no audio coming through. I do a reset with the bottom left and bottom right buttons on the steering wheel once or twice and it usually comes back, but this takes as while for the reboot. AND one of the two buttons is volume down and it ALWAYS takes the volume down to zero. So I have to up the volume after the reboot to even know if it worked.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT Performance, Lightning Lariat Extended
We’re seeing this in our Lightning, too. Either it’s an iOS issue or a recent Sync update broke something.

lipnorth

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford 150 Lightning Lariat
I have found the easiest way to fix is toggle wi-if off/on on my iphone.

Sponsored

Daragh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Engineer
Mine does this every so often too, don't believe its a phone issue as my wife's car never has this issue with my phone via wireless CarPlay.

Anyhow quickest fix I found was toggle the wifi On (disconnects CarPlay) tun bluetooth off then on, disconnects from truck. then select your phone on sync and select CarPlay. The reconnect has so far fixed the auto issue for me everytime. I have not had to reset my phone.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I got very tired of the issue, CarPlay just connecting a portion of the time. I disconnected it, reconnected and chose wired only. It's only a slight pain to plug the phone in each time, but it has relieved the stress of me cussing most every time I drive the truck.

There are a couple of benefits. The phone charges without having to dig down to the worthless charging pad and I get what I believe to be better quality music. I've invested in a sound system upgrade and I pay services with higher bit rate music, so might as well plug in to take advantage of it. My less frustration overall.

JohnnyEV

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat
It's not just carplay. I use Android auto and it's happened twice in the last two weeks.

RedLightning86

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning (Lariat). 2009 Escape Hybrid.
Seems like it happened after one of the last updates, to me. Of course iOS updated, too, so could be the combination was jinxed. Ford will fix it

proprepper

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Pro SR
Occupation
done with work!
Yup, Android Auto does the same thing. It will be working perfectly then it finishes a track from any music app then the next track plays and no audio. Pause then play... nothing... pause then play again, sometimes that works sometimes not.

Sponsored

MSanders

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
This has been an ongoing problem for me as well. Still not fixed.
I also toggle CarPlay on and off to fix it, but it's such a pain. I'm considering going with the "wired only connection" solution for now.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I'm a much happier person since I removed "wireless" car play from my life. I plug in every time and it's almost flawless. Wireless just isn't ready for prime time.

Drillerr

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ram Limited
I’ve done the same. I reconfigured Sync to totally eliminate wireless. I usually plug in anyway to charge. Much less stress.
Sponsored

Reactions: GDN