• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Thekameleon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
I know it was mentioned somewhere , but I dropped the adapter baud rate to 9600 and had pretty good luck so far. Nothing purple and wth is borked? ?
So my VXDiag Nano is already set at 9600 baud and my CCM "borked". Did you change the baud rate in Windows device manager? (Not fdrs) Or was there another location?
Sponsored

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum Hybrid
Occupation
Retired
So my VXDiag Nano is already set at 9600 baud and my CCM "borked". Did you change the baud rate in Windows device manager? (Not fdrs) Or was there another location?
Windows device manager com ports

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Have you managed to successfully program CCM module with VCX Nano ?
According to snake, possibly not. I’ll resubscribe in a couple days when I get paid and the new mongoose comes in. I’ll be able to look back in my history. I don’t want to pass ya false info.
Can ya tell me what the latest version is?
My current strad is ml3t-14d049-ah
Does that help or do you need a diff mod info?

Last edited:

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
I have your VIN, don't I?

With your permission I could look at your history and see. But I'm about 95% certain you never had an opportunity to update your CCM.
My truck was Job1 and I have done 20-30 updates and that was the only CCM update I have ever seen.

Bob_Mac

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Cyber Security | Developer
Windows device manager com ports
I'm going to step on your toes on this one. I did a lot of testing with the Nano and the default in Windows was 9600 and the highest it would allow was 38.4k but, once you used the Nano, it would automatically reset to 9600...

Sponsored

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I have your VIN, don't I?

With your permission I could look at your history and see. But I'm about 95% certain you never had an opportunity to update your CCM.
My truck was Job1 and I have done 20-30 updates and that was the only CCM update I have ever seen.
Sure. Here is a ss of widget too.

Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS AB72CCA1-1E3C-4A82-B775-FCF9DAD5E94B

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I'm going to step on your toes on this one. I did a lot of testing with the Nano and the default in Windows was 9600 and the highest it would allow was 38.4k but, once you used the Nano, it would automatically reset to 9600...
No prob. I was pretty sure it was higher at 38.4 but I would have lowered it. You’re prob right. Made so many adjustments, my head has been spinning. ?

OP
OP

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
According to snake, possibly not. I’ll resubscribe in a couple days when I get paid and the new mongoose comes in. I’ll be able to look back in my history. I don’t want to pass ya false info.
Can ya tell me what the latest version is?
My current strad is ml3t-14d049
Does that help or do you need a diff mod info?
Your CCM is at ML3T-14D049-AH should be at ML3T-14D049-AL. So you are not up to date

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4Ă—4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
we need to setup some type of rental system or something for these.
There was something similar to this on several VW/Audi forums I am a member of from my vehicle prior to my F-150. I just sent a message to the forum about an idea on this and if they don't have an issue with it, I'll make a post about it (y)

Sponsored

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
Okay Update time...Becareful while doing updates and make sure you have a good ground connection on your charger. I did not and my voltage dropped down so low it damaged my battery. I had it charging for hours but it must have a bad cell. The percentage wont go above 66% and the truck is staying in Deep sleep mode. I replaced the battery with a new Duralast Platinum AGM battery. No more deep sleep mode. Be careful you can damage your battery very fast. $225 mistake!

20ecoboost21

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 tremor
For those that had the failed CCM using the Nano and got the Mongoose cable afterwards. Did you have success on updating the CCM with the mongoose cable?

DeltaDeuce

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Platinum Powerboost 701A High
For those that had the failed CCM using the Nano and got the Mongoose cable afterwards. Did you have success on updating the CCM with the mongoose cable?
I sure hope so. Mine will be here Wednesday. I’ll let you know if someone does not chime in before that.

Airborne_Ape

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010, 2014, 2017, 2021 F150
Battery disconnect probably didn’t do it if you have a PB. The PB has an auxiliary 7.5Ah battery under the passenger side rear seat that retains some power to the systems for times when the main starting battery alone isn’t sufficient—usually during cranking.
Isn't the PowerBoost auxiliary 7.5Ah battery on a PCM controlled relay which is normally open while the vehicle is off, cold cranking, in generator mode or in auxiliary mode? I had the impression the auxiliary battery circuit only closes to connect to the 12V bus when the PowerBoost is in its drivable 'Ready' state and lots of accessories are all drawing a load at the same time.

What I'm getting at is disconnecting the engine compartment battery in a PowerBoost while it is off should shut down all the ECU's the same as any other F150... or so I thought.

As an FYI though we can manually force modules to reboot through ForScan which achieves the same thing. I think the GWM has a general handshake bug or routing table cache issue of some sort because on more than a few occasions I've encountered modules that need to be rebooted to establish full functionality again after making any changes to their as built parameters.

Does FRDS offer a similar forced ECU reboot diagnostic function? it may save some time for people depending on the circumstance.
Sponsored