• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
Eng
Just to be clear, the configuration in FDRS, below -- IPC - Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) Configuration. I ran that successfully and that cleared the DTC. The self-test confirmed everything was good.

I did not use Forscan to clear the DTC in my IPC.

Capture1.PNG
thanks for the tip, it didn’t do squat for me though. Still at u2100 on the IPC and still at 21281.244 on sync with no APIM updates available.
Sponsored

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
Did your date update in your about screen?
How long from the time you ran the updates did you get notified in fordpass. Mine says activation pending in fordpass and that hands free expires 10-9-22

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum Hybrid
Occupation
Retired
How long from the time you ran the updates did you get notified in fordpass. Mine says activation pending in fordpass and that hands free expires 10-9-22
Not till i ran updates yesterday. Same date.
I apologize. Not till after I ran the pmi on gateway

Last edited:

Skier167

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 f150
Working my way through the updates. During the ipma when it was time to turn the ignition off and then back on it said something failed but couldn’t catch it. There was another time where an error popped up when it said to turn the ignition off then on. Should I run the update on it again?

Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS 95F228ED-F753-4A83-BABA-1E19476F4BE1

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Anyone experience less effective lane keeping after the first round of post- 1.7.1-OTA failure updates?

I took a~30 minute highway drive and noticed on the positive side that there no longer seems to be excessive “clicking”in the driver footwell area when breaking or accelerating, and you don’t have to “fight” the steering wheel as much.
On the negative side, the truck tends to drift until almost over the lane marker before correcting.

I’m wondering if this will be corrected after the APIM updates or a future update, or if I need to calibrate or adjust something.
Thanks!
Working my way through the updates. During the ipma when it was time to turn the ignition off and then back on it said something failed but couldn’t catch it. There was another time where an error popped up when it said to turn the ignition off then on. Should I run the update on it again?

95F228ED-F753-4A83-BABA-1E19476F4BE1.jpeg
If you get a fail always reverify. I have mentioned this before but if you verify TOO quickly after turning on the ignition you will get the first couple files to fail. I dont usually even turn it off. If you do though WAIT to do anything until the truck is back on completely. You can re run the update and it will detect if its up to date and decide what to do

Skier167

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 f150
If you get a fail always reverify. I have mentioned this before but if you verify TOO quickly after turning on the ignition you will get the first couple files to fail. I dont usually even turn it off. If you do though WAIT to do anything until the truck is back on completely. You can re run the update and it will detect if its up to date and decide what to do
Thanks. That was prob my issue is I didn’t wait long enough for the boot up. Sorry if I missed your previous post, good to know I can just hit ok and not power cycle.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Thanks. That was prob my issue is I didn’t wait long enough for the boot up. Sorry if I missed your previous post, good to know I can just hit ok and not power cycle.
Oh its ok I wasnt saying it like that.. just one of those things you say I guess.

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
Stupid question from the cheap ass who does not want to buy a Mongoose, FDRS license, etc....

If another forum member created a thumb drive using their Mongoose/FDRS, and mailed it to a cheap ass member without all of that, would it still update their truck?
Most updates are via CAN, so even if we could get you the USB update files applicable to your truck, it would only cover 2-3 modules out of the 8-10 total (or more) that have updates

When it tells me to restart the truck for an update. I turn the ignition off, open the door and let the instrument cluster and center stack display both go dark, then close the door and turn the ignition on and wait for both screens to get to their "home" or startup display before proceeding further in FDRS.

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
Eng
I think it's time to sell the truck. I just destroyed a computer in a fit of FDRS induced rage.

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
Man, after all that time and money spent getting current, I feel pretty let down. No BC and I dont seem to have the camera views/screen cards while driving. Is there a setting or something to enable that?
Don't get down.
You aren't finished yet.
You will have cameras at speed after the very last APIM and GWM update. No settings required. No Forscan editing necessary. It's awesome!
(Bluecruise too if truck is equipped)

Are you at? :

Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS 20220320_201702

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum Hybrid
Occupation
Retired
I think it's time to sell the truck. I just destroyed a computer in a fit of FDRS induced rage.
I have to get a cheap one because one Im using has my finance and everything in my life. Its the heart of me. Im worried Ill drop the dang thing or something stupid.

sailorz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4
Don't get down.
You aren't finished yet.
You will have cameras at speed after the very last APIM and GWM update. No settings required. No Forscan editing necessary. It's awesome!
(Bluecruise too if truck is equipped)

Are you at? :
22028 was the latest offered to me as of this afternoon.