Sponsored

Nate880

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT & 2023 Lightning Pro
okay fyi, the battery connect, disconnect didn't work. guess we will just see what transpires overnight? anything else I should check?
I had the same issue. I gave it a couple days to see if it would start working, but no dice. I then carefully combed through my FORScan values and it turned out I had one value that was switched in the wrong column. After I fixed that and cleared the DTCs it worked perfectly. Good luck!
Sponsored

Last edited:

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
I just want to say thank you to all that helped figure this out. Your posts, pics, and videos were of great help to me and I was able to successfully install ACC on my '23 Pro (w/ Tow Tech, Max Tow, and Pro Power). It was my first time dealing with FORScan which was a little intimidating, but with all the great info on here I was able to complete this without too many issues.

How long did it take you, and did you have all the wires?

Jlarbeypro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Pro
2 hours total including forscan. I’m not a forscan newb tho ….

yes I had the wires

Jlarbeypro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Pro
I had the same issue. I gave it a couple days to see if it would start working, but no dice. I then carefully combed through my FORScan values and it turned out I had one value that was switched in the wrong column. After I fixed that and cleared the DLCs it worked perfectly. Good luck!
We’re you getting a dtc by chance?

Jlarbeypro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Pro
I had the same issue. I gave it a couple days to see if it would start working, but no dice. I then carefully combed through my FORScan values and it turned out I had one value that was switched in the wrong column. After I fixed that and cleared the DLCs it worked perfectly. Good luck!
Okay okay okay, you were 100% right ….

I went back thru and forgot one forscan change. Recleared dtc and recalibrated and now good to go. Thanks for everything everyone! My pro is bada$$ now!!!!
I drive 100 miles highway a day to work, so this is going to be a game changer … only thing I really missed …..

Sponsored

ZSC100

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning SR EG 311A
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
okay fyi, the battery connect, disconnect didn't work. guess we will just see what transpires overnight? anything else I should check?
Clear all DTC with FORScan, no new DTC's should set while you're working on it. I bet you missed a config, go back over that and if you have the time cross check each setting mentioned with Livnitup's config sheet and post back here if you have any doubt how each one applies to your truck.

Ventorum94

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chev Avalanche, BMW 550i, Tesla MY, Tesla M3
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
This guide will assist you in adding the radar unit and Forscan values to add Adaptive cruise control with Stop and Go, along with Lane Keeping. Please do not attempt without understanding how Forscan works, I ran into some issues that can disable the truck if you are not careful. Okay, lets get to it.

These are the parts I bought. I used Tasca website to get the first three parts and the steering wheel buttons from eBay
  • Sensor Assembly: ML3Z-9E731-G
  • Mounting Bolts(3x): W720714S450B
  • Wiring Harness: ML3Z-15K867-NA
  • Steering wheel buttons: ML3Z-9C888-D
Disassembling the bumper is what took me the longest. I plan on making a video on this when I help my friend do this mod to his lightning. For now, heres a quick overview. Before starting anything, unplug the 12v battery. This is necessary before removing the airbag in the steering wheel.

Basically you remove all the bolts holding the frunk tub in. There's just one connector providing the power and lights to the tub so its pretty easy to remove. After that, remove the bottom three screws in the wheel wells that hold the trim on. You should be able to start popping trim off until you get to the bumper itself.

The bumper itself actually was easy once I figured it out. There are only 6 21mm nuts holding it to the chassis. Once those are removed it comes right off.

IMG_7796.jpeg

The new harness has an extra plug on each end that is used for fog lights. My XLT does not have fog lights so I just taped them off.

IMG_7797.jpeg

Well I had the bumper off, I unplugged the speaker for the frunk.... Unrelated but a nice mod.

IMG_7792.jpeg

Bumper back on with the radar installed.

IMG_7798.jpeg

The steering wheel buttons need to be replaced if you want to be able to change your follow distance. Otherwise its locked to level 3 I believe. Its not much more work so I recommend it. Pop the top trim of the steering wheel column off, tilt the wheel to an angle, then use a screwdriver to unlock the airbag. Watch a video online, its hard to explain. Once that is done, there are two screws holding the trim on. Remove those and pop the trim off to access the button. FYI the new button wont work till you reprogram the truck with Forscan.

Okay now to the fun part... Here are the forscan values I put together. I highly recomend reading through the master list if you have a different model year or trim level than me. I have also made a few forscan changes before this mod so my settings may be different.

These two spreadsheets are for reference only, follow the changes I list below:
ACC Add Changes
Livnitup's FORScan - 2021-23 F150

Forscan changes for 2022 Lightning XLT. If the values are different on your truck, refer to Livnitup's FORScan spreadsheet above.

SCCM *Only if you swap the left hand steering wheel switch for the one that includes the follow distance change
724-03-01 03xx xxxx

ABS
760-03-01 *xxx -- (4 to C)

IPC
720-01-01 x*xx xxxx xx-- (C to F)
720-01-02 xxxx *x-- (4 to 8)
720-03-01 x*xx xxxx xx-- (0 to 5)
720-03-02 xx*x xx-- (4 to C)
720-09-01 *xxx xxxx xx-- (A to B)
720-09-01 xxxx xxxx *x-- (1 to 9)
720-09-02 *xxx xx-- (0 to 2 or 1 to 3)
720-10-01 x*xx xxxx xx-- (A to B)

BCM
726-16-01 xxxx x*** xx-- (384 to 390)

IMPORTANT: Disconnect FORScan and turn the truck completely off, then back on. Reconnect FORScan BUT do not use the saved profile. Let it rescan for all modules.

Connect to IPMA and take a screenshot of the following values
706-19-01 xxxx xxxx xx--
706-19-02 xxxx xxxx xx--
706-19-03 xxxx xxxx xx--
706-19-04 xxxx --

Connect to the CCM module and input those values into these spaces.
764-01-01 xxxx xxxx xx--
764-01-02 xxxx xxxx xx--
764-01-03 xxxx xxxx xx--
764-01-04 xxxx --

APIM
7D0-05-01 *xxx xxxx xx-- (0 to 2)
7D0-05-01 xx*x xxxx xx-- (0 to 8)
7D0-09-01 *xxx xxxx xx-- (4 to 6 OR 5 to 7)
7D0-09-01 xxxx *xxx xx-- (2 to 4)
7D0-09-01 xxxx xxxx x*-- (set to B)
7D0-09-02 xxx* xxxx xx-- (4 to E or 5 to F)
7D0-09-02 xxxx x*xx xx-- (4 to 7)
7D0-09-02 xxxx xxxx x*-- (5 to D)
7D0-09-04 xxxx xxxx *x-- (0 to 6)

IPMA
706-01-01 *xxx xxxx xx-- (0 to 8)
706-01-01 xx*x xxxx xx-- (0 to 5)
706-01-01 xxx* xxxx xx-- (0 to 8)
706-01-01 xxxx xxxx x*-- (A to E)
706-02-01 *xxx xxxx xx-- (3 to 7)
706-02-02 x**x xxxx xx--(04 to 05)
706-16-01 *xxx xxxx xx-- (0 to 1)
706-16-01 xxx* xxxx xx-- (9 to B)

PSCM
730-02-02 xxxx **xx xx-- (00 to FF)
730-02-02 xxxx xx** xx-- (00 to FF)
730-02-03 **xx xxxx xx-- (00 to FF)

Okay, once again disconnect FORScan and turn the truck completely off, then back on. Reconnect FORScan BUT do not use the saved profile. Let it rescan for all modules. Once the scan is done, go to the DTC button on the left and CLEAR ALL DTC. This is very important. Cycle the engine after doing so.

Theoretically you will have a few errors on the screen such as front braking disabled or something like that. These are all related to the radar not being calibrated. You will use FORScan to calibrate.

-Go to the wrench icon on the left to get to the service menu.
-Select C-CM Calibration.
-You will now need to drive around in traffic while following some vehicles and let the truck calibrate.
-Once calibration has finished, the errors on the screen should disappear after a power cycling.
-Theoretically everything should be working. If not, post here and Ill try to help.

IMG_7865.jpeg

Good luck!
Do you know if your Forscan mods will be overwritten by future VIN-based OTA software updates?

laselvasurf

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning XLT, 13 Raptor, 13 X5M, 03 Excursion
Do you know if your Forscan mods will be overwritten by future VIN-based OTA software updates?
My truck has been updated twice since doing this mod and I have no issues. There may be a way for some updates down the road to overwrite things, but it's very unlikely.

ZSC100

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
My truck has been updated twice since doing this mod and I have no issues. There may be a way for some updates down the road to overwrite things, but it's very unlikely.
Me too, as well as many other mods. I don't think OTA updates bother configs, just firmware.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
I’m having an issue with my install where after I calibrate the ccm it says that the horizontal alignment is incorrect. Any ideas
IMG_6689.jpeg
IMG_6687.jpeg

IMG_6671.jpeg

did you Clear/Delete all DTC's?

do that, which will probably clear any and all 'faults', as these are just part of the process when installing new equipment... I cleared mine, had none afterwards, and just pulled my camper to the beach and used ACC and LC much of that time...

Sponsored

ZSC100

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Yes I have cleared it many of times and it will still come up. And I have calibrated it a total of 7 times
Humm, this is odd, by "horizontal" id think that would mean left to right which is not even adjustable if I remember correctly. the only adjustment available which is done with the screw is the vertical adjustment which you are using the level for.

Maybe a Ford mechanic can confirm. Do you still get the messages " not calibrated " on the IPC?

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Owner
I just tightened my three screws down, didn't know there was any 'leveling' involved... I don't think that means the radar device, itself... sounds like some other issue.

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
No the only thing that’s not happy on the dash is the pre-collision is unavailable because of the ccm. Yeah I can only change vertical alignment. The software calibrates the horizontal
When my truck didn't like the programming I changed I reverse all back to stock and went through all the changes one by one. I wish you luck

spadesaspade

First Name
Spadeit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning, Hyundai Sonata
Thank you! just checked out portions of that thread and Superfordman confirmed that the 360 IPMA is not needed for ACC. He was able to add ACC on a truck that only had reverse camera (basic IPMA). Sounds like all I have to do is make my own 4-wire harness from IPMA to CCM, which means I don't even have to replace the bumper harness. I'll just get the CCM pigtail and splice/extend the wires all the way to the IPMA. Does anyone have a part number for the CCM pigtail?

The other thing I'm wondering is whether the LKA feature alone can be added with just Forscan changes? From what I understand, LKA does not actually use the CCM, but rather relies only on the windshield sensor. Am I wrong? What do you guys think?
I'm in the same boat as you. I do not have the 4 wires. If you have success in makinh this mod successful, please post about how you did it. I'd be very interested in following suit.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Owner
The other thing I'm wondering is whether the LKA feature alone can be added with just Forscan changes? From what I understand, LKA does not actually use the CCM, but rather relies only on the windshield sensor.
I would assume that the additional RADAR device installation is required, otherwise why would Ford not just include the LaneCentering as an automatic part of the driving automation, like LaneKeeping... This makes me suspect that the radar has the needed technology to hold the center of the lane, or to adjust constantly to maintain the center, versus the standard video sensors that may provide for more simple 'lane keeping'(ping-ponging between stripes).
Sponsored