The Tiny Cybertruck Frunk

mattskr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Platinum Iconic Silver
Best view of the tiny frunk yet. About all that fits is the portable battery pack they have in there. Which I guess you’ll need because I don’t see any electrical outlets in the frunk.

Ford F-150 Lightning The Tiny Cybertruck Frunk 1693528011111

This is why they haven’t released any info…there’s nothing impressive about this thing. The backseat looks tiny too but not a good shot of it.

More pics here: https://www.cybertruckownersclub.co...ated-seats-steering-wheel-vin-8-31-pics.9154/

UPDATE:

New Pic of Frunk with Liner Installed:

Ford F-150 Lightning The Tiny Cybertruck Frunk 1693600850039
Sponsored

Last edited:

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
Apparently the truck was rode hard and put away cracked(windshield).

Dude where's my frunk!?

BedFullOfElectronZ

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, BMW 3 series
Occupation
Engineer
I predict that Cybertrucks will be rife with build quality issues, the huge windshields will attract high-velocity rocks that will crack them left and right (not to mention cracks caused by the frame flexing), the huge windshield wiper won't work worth a darn (and people will break them trying to remove them when it's not raining), the steel flat body panels will look like crap after any use at all and won't fit right, people who paid $75K or more will be disappointed with the bare-bones interior, the onboard AC power won't work right...and Elon will claim it was designed for Mars anyway, to be driven only by Optimus SubPrime robots, so it doesn't need a fancy interior -- or any interior at all, come to think of it. I just don't think Elon has realized how picky modern pickup owners are -- they won't have any patience with receiving what is essentially a beta vehicle.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
I predict that Cybertrucks will be rife with build quality issues, the huge windshields will attract high-velocity rocks that will crack them left and right (not to mention cracks caused by the frame flexing), the huge windshield wiper won't work worth a darn (and people will break them trying to remove them when it's not raining), the steel flat body panels will look like crap after any use at all and won't fit right, people who paid $75K or more will be disappointed with the bare-bones interior, the onboard AC power won't work right...and Elon will claim it was designed for Mars anyway, to be driven only by Optimus SubPrime robots, so it doesn't need a fancy interior -- or any interior at all, come to think of it. I just don't think Elon has realized how picky modern pickup owners are -- they won't have any patience with receiving what is essentially a beta vehicle.
Current pickup owners. But I’ve seen how many new pickup owners Rivian has attracted, and it still baffles me how many buy a Model Y..I wouldn’t be surprised at this point if everyone who owns a Y upgrades to a CT

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
Best view of the tiny frunk yet. About all that fits is the portable battery pack they have in there. Which I guess you’ll need because I don’t see any electrical outlets in the frunk.

1693528011111.jpeg

This is why they haven’t released any info…there’s nothing impressive about this thing. The backseat looks tiny too but not a good shot of it.

More pics here: https://www.cybertruckownersclub.co...ated-seats-steering-wheel-vin-8-31-pics.9154/
That seems to be an ecoflow powerstation of some kind

OP
OP
mattskr

mattskr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current pickup owners. But I’ve seen how many new pickup owners Rivian has attracted, and it still baffles me how many buy a Model Y..I wouldn’t be surprised at this point if everyone who owns a Y upgrades to a CT
People will buy it for sure but if you read some posts over there on that forum some truly believe that the Cybertruck is so good that it’ll outsell Ford in 3 years. They are delusional and ignore all of its flaws.

The Rivian is a great truck but 3x as many Titans were sold last quarter than R1T and Nissan is throwing in the towel after decades of trying.

Elon doesn’t have the patience to wait decades and will find out first hand how difficult the American truck market is to crack.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
People will buy it for sure but if you read some posts over there on that forum some truly believe that the Cybertruck is so good that it’ll outsell Ford in 3 years. They are delusional and ignore all of its flaws.

The Rivian is a great truck but 3x as many Titans were sold last quarter than R1T and Nissan is throwing in the towel after decades of trying.

Elon doesn’t have the patience to wait decades and will find out first hand how difficult the American truck market is to crack.
I actually think the Titan competes more with the traditional full size pickups whereas the Rivian competes with a Ridgeline and Tacoma. Despite what it’s capable of and the actual size of it.

I don’t think there’s a real competitor for the Lightning right now.

The CT might not even be it, but I’ve seen that guy pull off some incredible feats. Nobody (including myself) thought he’d crack the “luxury” market with that type of interior and an afterthought center screen. Although those didn’t look like a shiny 3 year old drawing..

Sponsored

djwildstar

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER, 2023 Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Information Security
I'm pretty sure that the frunk size and cramped back seat are compromises that Tesla had to make to make everything fit. The Tesla CyberTruck is supposed to "less than 19 feet long" with a 6' 6" bed -- compared to the F-150 Lightning, which is 19' 3.7" long with a 5' 7.1" bed or the Rivian R1T which is 18' 1.1" long with a 4' 6" bed.

So the CyberTruck has 11" more bed that has to fit into roughly 4" less available space, so a total of about 15" has to come out of the frunk and cabin. But the low angle on the windshield means that the driver has to be farther back from the front of the windshield, making the cabin longer than it would be otherwise. I'm guessing the net result is an extremely small frunk and a cabin that is still slightly smaller than an F-150 or Rivian (probably most noticeable in the rear seats). Despite a shorter overall length, the CyberTruck has a wheelbase that's 5" longer than the F-150 Lightning, so the front wheels likely also impact the frunk size despite its short length.

To visualize what a Cybertruck frunk might look like, consider using only the portion of the Lightning's frunk that's on top of the cooler/tub lid.

FirstF150InCasco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
The size of my Lightning's Frunk is a HUGE benefit of the vehicle. My main use for it is that it's where I put all my groceries (including a cooler) when I shop at Market Basket on the way to Maine. While my Lightning was in the shop recently, I got a ICE F150 as a loaner. The lack of a Frunk was a huge disadvantage of the ICE F 150.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
That long bed is also looking a bit narrow and useless to chuck crap over the side.

This talk about the CT outselling the F-150 is a joke and it’s the stock holders wishing it would be true…… but it will never happen

Like this redesigned Model 3, Musk is about to find out what happens when you keep selling the same model after 5 years

Revenge

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR, 2011 Flex
The size of my Lightning's Frunk is a HUGE benefit of the vehicle. My main use for it is that it's where I put all my groceries (including a cooler) when I shop at Market Basket on the way to Maine. While my Lightning was in the shop recently, I got a ICE F150 as a loaner. The lack of a Frunk was a huge disadvantage of the ICE F 150.
I also use it for groceries and is perfect when I am hitting up multiple stores. Groceries are kept safe and out of the sun. My favorite thing to use the Frunk for is picking up pizza. Keeps the greasy garlic smell from saturating the cabin. As a bonus when you go Domino's curbside delivery (where they bring your order out to your vehicle) and pop the Frunk for them to put the food in the look on their faces is priceless.

OP
OP
mattskr

mattskr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm pretty sure that the frunk size and cramped back seat are compromises that Tesla had to make to make everything fit. The Tesla CyberTruck is supposed to "less than 19 feet long" with a 6' 6" bed -- compared to the F-150 Lightning, which is 19' 3.7" long with a 5' 7.1" bed or the Rivian R1T which is 18' 1.1" long with a 4' 6" bed.

So the CyberTruck has 11" more bed that has to fit into roughly 4" less available space, so a total of about 15" has to come out of the frunk and cabin. But the low angle on the windshield means that the driver has to be farther back from the front of the windshield, making the cabin longer than it would be otherwise. I'm guessing the net result is an extremely small frunk and a cabin that is still slightly smaller than an F-150 or Rivian (probably most noticeable in the rear seats). Despite a shorter overall length, the CyberTruck has a wheelbase that's 5" longer than the F-150 Lightning, so the front wheels likely also impact the frunk size despite its short length.

To visualize what a Cybertruck frunk might look like, consider using only the portion of the Lightning's frunk that's on top of the cooler/tub lid.
Where does wheelbase 5" longer than Lightning come from? I don't know if we have those details. The production versions we are seeing recently are clearly smaller than the concept from 4 years ago. But I don't think anyone truly knows how much smaller.
Sponsored