• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Power-Up OTA 6.4.0 - Smart Changes: Refinements to improve connectivity

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
The x.x is not software versions. They are update numbers. Each update updates a different module on the truck. Some updates need to be done in order, others can be done of order. You may get an update and then they issue a patch or bug fix to that update and you see the same update again. You may get updates out of numerical order if one is not dependent on the other one.

There is no truck overall software version. Each of the different modules and controllers, including the SYNC head unit, have their own version/firmware which have nothing to do with the "Power UP " update numbers.

If you subscribe to the Ford technician software called FDRS you can see each module and what its software or firmware version is and any individual module updates available.

Ford does not issue every module update OTA. Some modules cannot be updated OTA.
Yeah, I’m aware of all that. I just don’t think they will reuse an update number that led to a NHTSA recall. Just my opinion, I don’t actually know what Ford might do (and I’m not fully convinced Ford does either).
Sponsored

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
I just received the 6.4.0 update this evening.

Ford F-150 Lightning Power-Up OTA 6.4.0 - Smart Changes: Refinements to improve connectivity IMG_0504

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Went for a drive last night (12/11) and checked the truck's software update status and found 6.4 failed for me with the same Not Complete screen that GDN (the OP) got back on 11/7. :( And my FCSP is back to "Connection Lost" status! :cry:

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
No!!! You passed me. Well I think, it's really hard to make sense of any of this. The only thing that is consistent, is the inconsistency and lack of clarity.

I got 6.2 (both the orginal on 10/25 and the updated one 12/2)
I got 6.3 on 10/27.
After remote start prior to yesterday’s evening commute, Heated seat was ice cold but steering wheel was toasty. so if I’ve learned anything so far, odd vehicle behavior = update! I checked Fordpass notifications, but nothing. Next I checked the infotainment screen and there it was. 6.4 completed!

Last edited:

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
After remote start prior to yesterday’s evening commute, Heated seat was ice cold but steering wheel was toasty. so if I’ve learned anything so far, odd vehidle behavior = update! I checked Fordpass notifications, but nothing. Next I checked the infotainment screen and there it was. 6.4 completed!
Look to the settings for remote start, make sure all switches are set to [Auto]

Mine were just as I left them previous to the 6.4.0 update, warm cabin, seats and wheel, unplugged remote start has generally never been a problem.

GoHawks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Lightning ER
Updates are coming fast for some, just not for me. I just received 6.4 after receiving 6.2 and 6.2 re-push. I never saw 6.3 which I thought was the integration with apple maps and SOC. I still do not see that integration within apple maps. I see others are at 6.5, 6.8, 6.13. Anyone have updates on the map integration?

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
Look to the settings for remote start, make sure all switches are set to [Auto]

Mine were just as I left them previous to the 6.4.0 update, warm cabin, seats and wheel, unplugged remote start has generally never been a problem.
I just double checked them, they are all set to 'Auto'. I dont believe I have ever touched those settings.

I did my normal morning remote start in garage (~45F) this morning and warm cabin, seats and wheel worked normally.

I checked Fordpass notifications, but nothing. Next I checked the infotainment screen and there it was. 6.4 completed!
I did get the Fordpass notification this morning. That's a few times I've noticed the Fordpass notification being behind checking the update status on the truck infotainment itself.

VTRedWingsFan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Escape
Occupation
IT delivery
Just got 6.4.0, was on second iteration of 6.2 since 12/03.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Updates are coming fast for some, just not for me. I just received 6.4 after receiving 6.2 and 6.2 re-push. I never saw 6.3 which I thought was the integration with apple maps and SOC. I still do not see that integration within apple maps. I see others are at 6.5, 6.8, 6.13. Anyone have updates on the map integration?
The 6.2 "re-push" has a name. It was 23-PU1103-NAT-VCE. For me, that update also updated the Sync version to 23291., Revision 1049. Check your Sync About screen. I think that gave charger integration to Apple maps.
The SOC display was a much earlier update (23-PU0930-RBA-CHM) back in August.
There has not been a 6.13 for Lightning. Where did you see a Lightning owner get that?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Rivian's cut the rear motor in Conserve Mode, this You Tuber documented the difference:

Reports indicate this mode eats front tires.
The R1T physically disconnects the rear motors. You can feel it clunk as it engages and disengages. This allows it to free roll. It makes a huge impact.

The Ford does not have the clutch pack to be able to physically disengage. It would experience a significant amount of friction and be counterproductive to completely shut it off.

Instead, it could employ what Tesla did and what Rivian will do with their dual motor setups. Adjust the distribution (which it already does) to get the most efficient out of it. Additionally, adjusting the throttle input response does help. The “chill” mode on my Tesla helps me get about 10% more efficient by altering my driving style. It’s not much but it’s something, but it won’t get to what Rivian is able to do.

The 2 things I like most about that truck is the Conserve mode and the suspension. If I could just swap that into the Ford..

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
found 6.4 failed for me with the same Not Complete screen that GDN (the OP) got back on 11/7
After the failed 12/11 evening update, my Sync screen announces that 6.4 is downloading again, 2 pm, 12/12 - so it looks like no 2-week wait for me for the 6.4 update to respawn - am still following in @luebri's footsteps, although that @TaxmanHog character has leapfrogged us again! Who will be the first to 6.13! (with the holiday season rolling up, I bet many of us will only see it as a Happy New Year event).

P.S. 6.4 completed successfully on 12/12 and a confirmatory message appeared almost immediately in the FordPass app Message Center.

Last edited:

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
The 6.2 "re-push" has a name. It was 23-PU1103-NAT-VCE.
I just love that term. I think Lightning owners can tell their wives to cool it next time they say you have no idea what giving birth is like.

I got the incomplete message for 6.4.0 today. I am not sure if that means it failed to download or it downloaded and failed to install. My last update was 6.2 "re-push". No sign of 6.3. I changed the automatic update time so the truck can try again but nothing has changed. Not sure what the reason for incomplete is or if there is anything other than the rain dance I could do to fix it. Since I have missed a bunch of other updates, I am kinda getting used to it. As long as they don't break anything major, I am, OK.
Sponsored