Sponsored

mattskr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Platinum Iconic Silver
Had mine replaced via mobile service on Thursday, along with 10k service, tire rotation, and the dash mat. Been monitoring my LVB on Ford.com and so far it has not dropped below 90%. Usually hovers around 92%.

First time truck has been “in” for service since I got it over a year ago. Much better than taking it to them!
Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
I contacted my dealer about this and my 20k service. I said since it's just a tire rotation, inspection, and swapping out the 12v bms I'll just wait as it shouldn't take but an hour or two. He replied and said that the BMS swap required an EV tech so they'll need to keep it all day to squeeze it in. Seriously??!! I pointed out (a second time) that it's for the 12v battery, not the HVB. His reply, "That is Fords requirement." Same dude who failed to read the CSP for the HVB software update and thought he was going to need to take the battery apart. How hard is it to read? I think I need to call and ask to talk to someone else, there's no way Ford said an EV tech has to swap out the 12v bms sensor, right?
I asked the mobile tech who did mine if he was EV certified and he said no.

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
I contacted my dealer about this and my 20k service. I said since it's just a tire rotation, inspection, and swapping out the 12v bms I'll just wait as it shouldn't take but an hour or two. He replied and said that the BMS swap required an EV tech so they'll need to keep it all day to squeeze it in. Seriously??!! I pointed out (a second time) that it's for the 12v battery, not the HVB. His reply, "That is Fords requirement." Same dude who failed to read the CSP for the HVB software update and thought he was going to need to take the battery apart. How hard is it to read? I think I need to call and ask to talk to someone else, there's no way Ford said an EV tech has to swap out the 12v bms sensor, right?
I've read through everything on this CSP again and there's not mention of that requirement. It's a standard mechanic function to disconnect and reconnect the 12V battery.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
My dealer has one EV tech. They had a different tech swap mine. I was there about 40 minutes. An EV tech is definitely not required to do this. Geez, the oil change guy could do it.

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
I asked the mobile tech who did mine if he was EV certified and he said no.
Same with mine, I've had him out 2x for CSPs and it's quite clear he's not EV certified and has the ability to pick and choose what he does related to EV work. Which might be what @Zprime29 is facing with his shop. The tech may have told the dealer he isn't working on them.

Sponsored

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
My dealer has one EV tech. They had a different tech swap mine. I was there about 40 minutes. An EV tech is definitely not required to do this. Geez, the oil change guy could do it.
Hell, I could do it and I'm below the oil change guy when it comes to car repairs... 😂

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Thanks, I guess I need to decide how much I want to push the matter vs just do it myself. In my last reply to him, I asked if he could identify the policy that says it has to be an EV tech. I've not heard from him since. Super annoying, and I was starting to like them.

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prev: 2000 SVT Lightning; Now: 2022 BEV Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
Beware, the oil change guy is only certified to strip the threads in the oil pan.

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prev: 2000 SVT Lightning; Now: 2022 BEV Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
One or two others have reported it, and I just got a 100% LV battery SOC after charging the HV battery to 90%.
Ford F-150 Lightning CSP-23B70 Certain 2022-23 F-150 Lightnings - BMS Sensor Replacement LV Battery SOC

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
My LV battery just doesn't want to charge above and report anything above about 80%. However, the good news is that I had the Supercharger update release install last Friday with the LV SOC sitting at 72%.

Sponsored

LazyLightningATX

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lariat ER
Does ford do dynamic parts pricing? i was thinking about ordering this part and replacing myself cause my dealer is being difficult. i swear last week i saw it for like $30 (as cheap as $20) and now I can't find it for less than 50...maybe I am misremembering?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow & 2024 Harley-Davidson Road Glide CVO-ST
Occupation
Retired
Does ford do dynamic parts pricing? i was thinking about ordering this part and replacing myself cause my dealer is being difficult. i swear last week i saw it for like $30 (as cheap as $20) and now I can't find it for less than 50...maybe I am misremembering?
Possibly, they are seeing a surge in demand, I got mine for $20 plus $9 for S&H and the warehouse is only 20 miles down the road from my house, I should have drove down and picked it up in person.

LazyLightningATX

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lariat ER
Possibly, they are seeing a surge in demand, I got mine for $20 plus $9 for S&H and the warehouse is only 20 miles down the road from my house, I should have drove down and picked it up in person.
Damn, I guess they must be...should have ordered last week, but I was giving my dealer another chance to take care of me. For $60 though I guess I will wait for dealer to figure it out or the price to come back down!

BTW- Thanks for all updates and whatnot last week (and otherwise) and cool to see you in the video on Adapter Day! Got in just behind you at #260 after I saw an early morning reddit post! thankful for some night owl that was checking around in their ford pass!

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
That's where I got mine for $20. But I'm a long way away from that warehouse.....:)

Jimbalf

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
I placed an order for the BMS part for $20 with Tasca a few weeks ago and they just canceled my order and now it’s on sale for $57!
Sponsored