First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning XLT ER
Occupation
Experiential Knowledge Griot
As an EV owner and independent BEV consultant that drives an average of 1k miles/month, I think @Ford Motor Company has simply identified a moment in time on the change curve for US consumers, Resistance. People further ahead on the change curve that have started to explore the possibilities and opportunities of EV ownership are experiencing much greater success than ever imagined.

Why? Because an alarming amount of the information “pushed” out for public consideration is fear-based and mostly false.

Although I took delivery of my first-ever BEV in October of 2023, I anxiously placed the order in May of 2021. Now, with three years of research, fact finding, testing, measuring, reporting and ownership experience, I have landed on the most valuable and effective approach to combat misinformation and unintentional ignorance when I’m asked about my 2023 Ford F150 Lightning.

My answer to EVERY question asked of me by clients or the general public?

“Everything you have ever heard or read about this truck is false. Ask me why.”

My BEV ownership experience with this truck far exceeds my initial expectations and continues to improve as performance updates are added to the vehicle. I use the at-home charging system as my primary source for power, and use my truck as my “daily driver” so I have only needed to use public charging twice. My electricity bill has gone down due to Time Of Use pricing from my electric provider (0.056 per kWh from 11 pm to 6 am) and my gasoline bill is $0.00 each month.

Current Stats:
10,000 miles
2.5 miles per kWh
4000 kWh used
$0.056 per KWh
$224 total cost
$0.0224 per mile

In an effort to keep this post shorter, I’ll let you decide if just over two cents a mile is worth the effort to learn more about BEV ownership.

Ask me why!
Sponsored