First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
We have an Explorer with ACC and LK. On interstates, I rest my hands on the steering wheel. I can remove one or both for 5-10 seconds. That’s adequate for most reasonable tasks.
I drive the Lightning on interstates pretty much the same way.
Upgraded BC would have to do something spectacular to convince me to pay much for it. Maybe 1¢/mile?
Sponsored

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
I'm genuinely curious how many people would pay $500/yr for this. I'm usually an early adopter and not hugely price sensitive (I bought an freaking $80k truck, right?) but $500/yr still seems wildly overpriced for this technology.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Agreed, it's still too expensive. Especially since they are unable to send us the updates for it. I like it simply because I don't get the stupid "wiggle the wheel" alert every 15 seconds when using the standard lane keep assist. But I don't like it for $50 a month and I don't drive enough highway to even consider a yearly. Since I'm stuck on 1.0 at the moment, I'd pay $10...maaaaybe $15. If I had 1.4 I'd pay $20-25.
How about it @Ford Motor Company, a discount for 1.0 since you can't get us upgraded?

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Agreed, it's still too expensive. Especially since they are unable to send us the updates for it. I like it simply because I don't get the stupid "wiggle the wheel" alert every 15 seconds when using the standard lane keep assist. But I don't like it for $50 a month and I don't drive enough highway to even consider a yearly. Since I'm stuck on 1.0 at the moment, I'd pay $10...maaaaybe $15. If I had 1.4 I'd pay $20-25.
How about it @Ford Motor Company, a discount for 1.0 since you can't get us upgraded?
I will say that I *like* bluecruise but even so I still don't use it often. Even when I have the opportunity to use it I often forget about it. It's just not a game changer. It's a slight evolution on cruise control, which has been standard (or part of an option package) for decades. It's not a big enough leap to even make it a subscription. I wouldn't even pay $10/mo for it. $3/mo seems more reasonable. $5 is probably OK. I'm surprised that *anyone* would sign up for $500/yr.

MADequipment

First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat Avalanche Gray
There should be some kinda guarantee about what blue cruise software version we will be getting at minimum (at least 1.4 for 2024 owners, etc) before asking us to fork over money for a subscription. Otherwise, if we're not getting updates, why are we paying for the service?

Sponsored

Joe.....Montana

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Absolutely love Blue Cruise when I use it...would never pay asking price. I like my idea of paying by the mile. I'll gladly pay $2.50 every 100 miles of use.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
@Ford Motor Company is there an OTA for Blue Cruise 1.4 yet?

If no, then no to the continuation of my subscription on 8/5/2025.

Malimal

First Name
Jamali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning LR
Hi Lightning Owners –

We wanted to let you know that if you have an annual or monthly BlueCruise subscription plan or are coming up on the end of your 90-day complimentary trial, Ford is lowering the annual and monthly pricing plan for all BlueCruise-equipped vehicles. Here are the details:
  • New pricing will be $495 annually and $49.99 monthly.
  • This new pricing goes into effect today, October 1, 2024.
  • If you are a current BlueCruise customer, you will see the new price reflected on your next payment.
  • If you have a BlueCruise-equipped vehicle, BlueCruise can be easily activated via the FordPass app under the Connected Services tile.
We are also pleased to share that if you have a BlueCruise-equipped vehicle you can now earn and redeem FordPass® Rewards Points toward a BlueCruise subscription. If you’d like to use your Points, simply go to the FordPass app under the Connected Services tile, and choose to redeem your Points for some or all of your BlueCruise subscription. You also now earn Points when you purchase BlueCruise!

We hope you continue to enjoy hands-free highway driving!
Way to high..this is rediculous.

ktn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning® LARIAT ER
I have a long way till mine expires, but until Ford resolves its chaotic software rollout, I won't be paying.

Realistic timelines, improved OTA rollout where vehicles aren't months/years behind, expanded beta/EA program, etc.

How can you expect anyone to pay if they may not even have the latest/best version available to them? It's just a bad customer experience and scammy.

Sponsored

Dinozero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning ER Lariat
@Ford Motor Company

The price reduction is a step in the right direction. But as others have mentioned, there needs to be guarantees of what software version you were on for the price.

Something Ford needs to consider, the type of customer that is interested in this type of technology is what you would call a bleeding edge early adapter.

We will not pay this type of money to drive outdated software that does not have the latest features.

My truck cannot change lanes when I press the turn signal. But it should, because other people with an identical truck to mine have that software, but for some reason… I do not.

At least when Tesla customers are paying for full self driving, they’re guaranteed computer hardware upgrades needed for the latest software, and they always get the latest software updates when they need them.

Scorpio3d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner
Fun with math… and economics!

Is there a value to having Blue Cruise… probably yes however some context is needed:
A typical driver drives 10,000 miles per year so at $500 per year that is 5 cents per mile
12,000= 4.1 cents/mile
15,000=3.3 cents/mile
That would be if every mile you drove, you were able to use BC which is not the case!
So how many of those miles are available on Blue Cruise?
500? 1000? 2000?
That brings the cost per mile significantly higher and from an economic standpoint doesn’t make sense!
IMHO

flyin525

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
For me, not until I get an update to at least 1.3, and the price is still at least twice what I would pay, which is unfortunate because I really like using it. Its offensive to me that your hand out before we even have a mature product that new owners have. It hurts my soul how much I paid for the truck (QUITE a bit above MSRP in summer '22) so I feel you owe me an update before I shell out anything more.
Sponsored