• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

CSP-23B57 for High Voltage Battery Notice

sstevetx

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER w/Max Tow - Atlas Blue
I got a call from Ford social media today. They gave me 3 years of scheduled maintenance for my troubles with the battery module I had replaced. I'm not really sure what that will give me since there are no oil changes. Free cabin filter maybe?

Edit: I got clarification and it is the Premium EV maintenance plan. It even covers shocks

https://fordprotect.ford.com/media/...Maintenance EV Bro OCT 2024 Final 7_24_23.pdf
Sponsored

Last edited:

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
I got a call from Ford social media today. They gave me 3 years of scheduled maintenance for my troubles with the battery module I had replaced. I'm not really sure what that will give me since there are no oil changes. Free cabin filter maybe?
All the tire rotations and windshield wiper fluid you could ever hope for.

Basis0439

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
My truck went in for this software update today. Is there any way to confirm that I received it?

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
I got my laptop with me.

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Recall completed. Unfortunately sync wasn’t updated to 6.1 😞. I called Ford BEV team and they said it would be updated at later date unfortunately 😞

Beaux

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 Platinum, 2021 F150 Limited
Finally got my truck back after right at one month of it being at the service department. They replaced the #4 battery module. Pretty aggravated that it took so long. I was stuck in a Ford edge for over a week before they were able to get me into a F150. Another irritation was having to spend a lot of money on gas. So while I'm glad to have my truck back I'm pretty irritated about it all.

Now I'm thinking I need the extended warranty or plan to sell before the battery warranty is over.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Finally got my truck back after right at one month of it being at the service department. They replaced the #4 battery module. Pretty aggravated that it took so long. I was stuck in a Ford edge for over a week before they were able to get me into a F150. Another irritation was having to spend a lot of money on gas. So while I'm glad to have my truck back I'm pretty irritated about it all.

Now I'm thinking I need the extended warranty or plan to sell before the battery warranty is over.
The extended warranty doesn't cover the high voltage battery.

Beaux

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The extended warranty doesn't cover the high voltage battery.
Well that's junk. Does it not cover an ice on regular trucks? Why would it not cover the battery? Guess this will be gone by the time the battery warranty is up. I hate that because I really like it but it won't be worth the risk of high cost repairs.

eRockBoon

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro (extended range)
Is there a consensus on what the best indicators for HVB issues are using something like CarScanner? SOH% pack voltage variability? Just got my OBS set up and curious if I should wait for the OTA update or bring it in. No clear errors inside the truck but still not even at 6000 miles.

Sponsored

Beaux

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Now that I'm back home from a trip I'm charging the truck for only the second time since I got it back. It seems that my Ford pro charger is only charging at half the speed or less that it used to charge at. Did any one else encounter something like this after a module was replaced? Curious now what level 3 charging will do. Not happy at all.

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
Now that I'm back home from a trip I'm charging the truck for only the second time since I got it back. It seems that my Ford pro charger is only charging at half the speed or less that it used to charge at. Did any one else encounter something like this after a module was replaced? Curious now what level 3 charging will do. Not happy at all.
That’s interesting! What speed did it charge at home? Mine will be in the shop for a week as of tomorrow. I charged at 10k and hour prior to turning it in.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
@Aspesi4 encountered this situation, I believe he went so far as to lemon-law the truck!

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
What do we think the cost estimate is to Ford for each of these repairs? I'm guessing SK has to bear part of the costs for replacing the battery module, but the module, shipping, labor to drop the battery, save and replace the glycol, etc.

I would guess $3K to $4K per replacement.

Aspesi4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
@Aspesi4 encountered this situation, I believe he went so far as to lemon-law the truck!
I did Lemon Law it for various reasons. This was the final straw.

Since Ford has yet to clear my Ford Pass credentials to the vehicle, I can see they fixed the charging rate. No idea what they did, but something simple I assume. Best of luck
Sponsored