• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

BSull

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvette, F150 Lighnting, Mercedes GLC300
Occupation
retired
You might try doing the BMS reset procedure just to see if it improves things any.
Just did, we'll see if that helps

Update:
Did the BMS reset, truck still showed 83% after driving. I put my PL2320 on the battery and used the 2A charge rate. 2320 showed 88 percent when I first connected to the battery. After the 2320 turned on the charge complete light it showed the battery at 100%. Charge in progress light was flashing, Clore manual says that it will do that until the battery is in fact 100% or words to that effect, huh? The OBD and carscan showed 93% and MyFord login showed 93% so the BMS appears to be OK and talking to the home planet.

Anybody know why Clore would display 100% SOC when they know it's not or is this the same drift up thing @RickLightning said about the Battery Tender?

Last edited:

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
I am sure someone has mentioned this in previous 25 pages but check your settings after this CSP just in case. My charge location info was gone. Not sure what else is reset yet.

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
I am sure someone has mentioned this in previous 25 pages but check your settings after this CSP just in case. My charge location info was gone. Not sure what else is reset yet.
That would have been a powertrain update that did that.

Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....

OMO7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning
I had it done, but it still shows in the CSP. Is there typically a delay for it to clear?

Grumpy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Pro SR
Occupation
Retired Hvy Construction
I had it done, but it still shows in the CSP. Is there typically a delay for it to clear?
IT varies greatly, in some cases it is cleared in a few days, but for other it takes weeks. Not unusual to not be cleared right away.

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
It's whenever the service writer gets around to it. Mine was done while I was standing there at the desk.

OtterJohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Getting this CSP addressed tomorrow along with my first service (10K miles). I've never had a LVB charge issue, it was at 92% the other day when I looked. Guess we'll see if I get more updates now as a result of this CSP fix. :)

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
bump

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 lightning xlt
I think I'm impacted by this but a little confused on what I'm expecting. I received a software update but unable to install it, it fails and gives me options to check like if the doors closed, etc. It also has a call button to call if I've checked all the options. I talked to an agent after the 3 attempts and she tells me it's failing because of a low 12v soc, it's supposed to be at a minimum 90%. She then checks my 12v soc and sees it's at 92%. I'm just confused how is reporting low soc when Ford remotely can see it's at 92%.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I think I'm impacted by this but a little confused on what I'm expecting. I received a software update but unable to install it, it fails and gives me options to check like if the doors closed, etc. It also has a call button to call if I've checked all the options. I talked to an agent after the 3 attempts and she tells me it's failing because of a low 12v soc, it's supposed to be at a minimum 90%. She then checks my 12v soc and sees it's at 92%. I'm just confused how is reporting low soc when Ford remotely can see it's at 92%.
The LVB state of charge can swing substantially, it might have been pretty low when trying to do an update, and coincidently recharged to a nice & high value later on. If you need the new BMS, schedule a service date.
Sponsored